Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dan Mozes happy to be back

[size=13pt]Happy to be back[/size]

May 21st, 2008 – 10:06 AM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Matt Birk’s decision to skip the Vikings’ voluntary workouts has presented second-year center Dan Mozes with an opportunity to get work with the first team. Mozes, though, is just happy to be on the field again......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Dan Mozes happy to be back

Thanks for the read my friend.

Mozes said. “So all together, it does help me more mentally getting reps because as a center you are thinking about every kind of position. Like what kind of calls to make.
    What?
    The Center makes calls?
    What the hell is he talking about?

Everyone knows that they team just goes out there and lines up and blocks a man.
    The fricken Center doesn't make any line calls or pre-snap reads/adjustments or have any responsibilty for the rest of the lineman.

Fricken amazing what the press dreams up these days.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

Mozes said. “So all together, it does help me more mentally getting reps because as a center you are thinking about every kind of position. Like what kind of calls to make.
    What?
    The Center makes calls?

Everyone knows that they team just goes out there and lines up and blocks a man.
    The fricken Center doesn't make any line calls or pre-snap reads/adjustments or have any responsibilty for the rest of the lineman.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Are you kidding?
    Please tell me you are.
    lawl
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I look foward to replacing Birk with one of our young guys wether thats Dan or Sullivan, both capable and versatle guys. When next year roles around somebody should be ready to step in and make an impact.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What? The team isn't going to fall apart without Birk attending the OTA's?
    You mean that it is possible that giving extra reps to young players during OTA;s so they can perform if needed? Wow, who'da thunkit.

"Formo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What?
    The Center makes calls?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Are you kidding?
    Please tell me you are.
    lawl
    This is the 4th time I was trying to be sarcastic and failed.
    I guess I just need to quit trying.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I look foward to replacing Birk with one of our young guys wether thats Dan or Sullivan, both capable and versatle guys. When next year roles around somebody should be ready to step in and make an impact.
    I expecy another pro bowl year from Birk. Remember this is his second year removed from all those surgeries, and he should be stronger. Having Mozes, Daniels and Sullivan for backups is a great luxury, and these guys getting reps now and learning to be NFL O-linemen will be ready when they are called upon in the future.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    They are? I haven't seen either one of them do jack shit in a Vikings uniform. Have you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I expecy another pro bowl year from Birk. Remember this is his second year removed from all those surgeries, and he should be stronger. Having Mozes, Daniels and Sullivan for backups is a great luxury, and these guys getting reps now and learning to be NFL O-linemen will be ready when they are called upon in the future.
    Birk didn't have a Pro Bowl year last year but due to his name he made it in, this happens all the time. Birk did have some very solid games but overall I felt I was seeing the downside to Birks carear. I could directly link our running success and Birks name to an invitation. What they don't know is the overall picture, guys like McKinnie, Cook, Herrera, Kliensasser, Richardson, Shancoe, B. Wade, Furguson, Rice and Hutchison all did a really good job. Birk got rag dalled plenty, pushed around in the pocket and looked winded (see the purple faced Birk vs Washington). I don't worry about Birks strength as much as his conditioning, he won't come in to Winter Park to do the conditioning and Mike Morris doesn't do conditioning.

I do believe the future for a new Center is next year but I have been wrong.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    They are? I haven't seen either one of them do jack pooh in a Vikings uniform. Have you?
    LOL, at somepoint every player steps onto the field for the first time and no one has seen him do anything.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast