Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A damper on Vikings stadium plan

god damn they're stupid

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

There's always hope, funny though, I remember the same rhetoric within the first year of former owner Red McCombs tenure! Remember all that "Purple Pride, Purple Pride" and all the fantastic fan and local media support? Heck, we almost went to the Super Bowl in his first year as owner and if ever there was a time that most likely seemed ripe for a new stadium it was then! But alas, the good folks of Minnesota know better and stone walled Red's attempt to get a new stadium and in turn RED tightened down the hatches and in turn put the screws to the fans and the state and in the end, that old fart Car Salesmen, walked away with nearly a $400 million dollar net gain in sale of the Vikings! Like I said then, and I'll always say until the new stadium does get built, LOOK IN THE MIRROR MINNESOTA NICE! You want to make a difference? Take accountability for you're own actions in what has happened both on and off the field for the Vikings! I'll be sure to keep reminding everyone over the next 5 years and we shall see just how PROACTIVE the fans of Minnesota really are! JM2CW!
    Who knows, the new stadium could actually be more impressive than this! :roll:

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They just need to build it anywhere in Minnestoa. I couldn't imagine the Vikes moving. I wouldn't watch another NFl game again. Get this stupid thing done !!!!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Thu, Jul. 20, 2006

[size=18px]Vikings say team is 'strongly committed' to Blaine stadium[/size]

BY DAVE ORRICK
    Pioneer Press

In an effort to assure supporters nothing has changed in the proposal to bring the Vikings to Blaine, the team and suburban leaders held a news conference this afternoon to pretty much say just that: Nothing's changed.

"The partnership between the Vikings, (Anoka) County and Blaine is very strong," team owner Zygi Wilf said.

The afternoon news conference in Blaine City Hall came hours after the first meeting between the football team and suburban officials since the state Legislature declined to fully endorse the plan this spring.

The plan is to build a 68,500-seat stadium with a retractable roof. It would become the home stadium for the Vikings, who would move out of their current confines, the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

Wilf and Anoka County Board Chairwoman Margaret Langfeld said several recent news stories prompted the announcement. Yesterday, Wilf met with Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, and other published reports highlighted unresolved issues between the team and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers over wetlands on the site of the stadium and surrounding property.

Wilf re-stated that currently there is no proposal from Minneapolis to keep the team there, and downplayed the wetlands issues, calling them "technical" matters.

Wilf and Langfeld were joined at the news conference by Blaine Mayor Tom Ryan.

Dave Orrick can be reached at [email protected] or 651-228-2171

Vikings say team is 'strongly committed' to Blaine stadium

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: A damper on Vikings stadium plan in Blaine

[size=18px]Wilf: Blaine still No. 1 site for stadium[/size]

The Minnesota Vikings reaffirmed their commitment Thursday to the Northern Lights stadium project, but owner Zygi Wilf did not rule out listening to proposals for other Twin Cities sites.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: July 20, 2006 – 9:13 PM

The Minnesota Vikings reaffirmed their commitment Thursday to the Northern Lights stadium project, but owner Zygi Wilf did not rule out listening to proposals for other Twin Cities sites.
    Wilf said he planned to extend his formal agreement with Anoka County to provide for a proposal to the 2007 Legislature.

And he defended his stadium-related meeting with Minneapolis major R.T. Rybak on Wednesday, calling it a "courtesy" but adding: "My ears are always open.

"As a developer, I can't close my ears to people from where my home is right now, which is the Metrodome in Minneapolis," Wilf said.

"But we have a partnership with Anoka County and Blaine, and that is the most viable and opportunistic option that we have."

Appearing at a news conference with Blaine Mayor Tom Ryan and Margaret Langfeld, chairwoman of the Anoka County Board, Wilf downplayed reports of friction with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The corps has yet to approve much of the 740 acres for development, in part because of wetland issues.

But Wilf said that "we envisioned dealing with this" and that the site is large enough to work around any such obstacles.

"If the project gets moved around," he said, "there is enough available land to still get it done. ... It's just a matter of fine-tuning technically the permit process and making the application at the right time."

Rather than wetland issues, Wilf said, "the major point we have to tackle" is rising construction costs. Although he would not provide specifics, Wilf said the original estimate of $675 million for a retractable roof stadium has risen.

KEVIN SEIFERT

Wilf: Blaine still No. 1 site for stadium

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123