Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: D. Smith likely to play

Let him pay his $200 fine for his .02 gram roach that might get a kitten stoned.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Was Smith Driving? I thought he was in the club when they caught him....... so how is he endangering anyone? Maybe Pat was driving...... You're assuming and you're looking like someone who assumes....
    He's not assuming. He was in HIS car when the officer nabbed him. It was in the articles. He was not in the club when he got busted.

I haven't even read that he had been inside the club, only that when he was stopped, he was outside the club. He was previously at Henderson's fundraiser at Bellanotte restaurant. People just assumed he was inside the titty bar. He could have just arrived there or could have been leaving. That info I haven't read

Police approached Smith's car, which was parked in a valet parking lane, after sounding an air horn in an attempt to get him to move. When they got close, they smelled a "strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle," according to a police report.

The report also said Smith admitted he had "just got done smoking some marijuana."
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7727317

According to a Minneapolis police report, Smith "admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana" when an officer approached his car outside Scheiks Palace Royale nightclub.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12535511.html

Smith was among a group of players Thursday night who attended a fundraiser hosted by linebacker E.J. Henderson at Bellanotte restaurant. According to the police report, an officer saw Smith's car impeding traffic in front of Sheik's Palace Royale nightclub at 10:11 p.m. The officer approached the car and "smelled the strong odor of marijuana," according to the report.

The report also said Smith "admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12523011.html
    Do you think he will try to light up before the game?

How do we know that the cop isn't lying?
    I am not saying he is but Minneapolis cops are pretty inexperienced and have been known for making a few mistakes.

You lose all credibility making statements like that.
    Now it is the cops fault?
    The cop is dirty and lying?
    STFU.
    We should let the case go through the legal system before we find him guilty, likely he will pay his fine and that will be the end of it, but if he decides to plead not guilty then he still has the right to a trial. Plus maybe this will allow him to play the rest of this season.
    I don't know about you, but when a player admits he just got done finishing a joint, that pretty much screams guilty to me.

Is it just me or does it seem like the pot smokers on this site are trying to rationalize & minimize there own illegal activities?
    :-\

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=40685.msg691567#msg691567 date=1197760865]
    Was Smith Driving? I thought he was in the club when they caught him....... so how is he endangering anyone? Maybe Pat was driving...... You're assuming and you're looking like someone who assumes....
    He's not assuming. He was in HIS car when the officer nabbed him. It was in the articles. He was not in the club when he got busted.

I haven't even read that he had been inside the club, only that when he was stopped, he was outside the club. He was previously at Henderson's fundraiser at Bellanotte restaurant. People just assumed he was inside the titty bar. He could have just arrived there or could have been leaving. That info I haven't read

Police approached Smith's car, which was parked in a valet parking lane, after sounding an air horn in an attempt to get him to move. When they got close, they smelled a "strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle," according to a police report.

The report also said Smith admitted he had "just got done smoking some marijuana."
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7727317

According to a Minneapolis police report, Smith "admitted he just got done smoking some marijuana" when an officer approached his car outside Scheiks Palace Royale nightclub.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12535511.html

Smith was among a group of players Thursday night who attended a fundraiser hosted by linebacker E.J. Henderson at Bellanotte restaurant. According to the police report, an officer saw Smith's car impeding traffic in front of Sheik's Palace Royale nightclub at 10:11 p.m. The officer approached the car and "smelled the strong odor of marijuana," according to the report.

Do you think he will try to light up before the game?

How do we know that the cop isn't lying?
    I am not saying he is but Minneapolis cops are pretty inexperienced and have been known for making a few mistakes.

You lose all credibility making statements like that.
    Now it is the cops fault?
    The cop is dirty and lying?
    STFU.
    We should let the case go through the legal system before we find him guilty, likely he will pay his fine and that will be the end of it, but if he decides to plead not guilty then he still has the right to a trial. Plus maybe this will allow him to play the rest of this season.
    I don't know about you, but when a player admits he just got done finishing a joint, that pretty much screams guilty to me.

Is it just me or does it seem like the pot smokers on this site are trying to rationalize & minimize there own illegal activities?
    :-\
    [/quote]

Just for the sake of argument is that what he really said or is that hear say?

We will wait and see.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    If writing a book explaining how you would have killed your wife had you actually been the one to kill your wife doesn't equal "guilty", then nothing in his statement means anything until a conviction is obtained.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    If writing a book explaining how you would have killed your wife had you actually been the one to kill your wife doesn't equal "guilty", then nothing in his statement means anything until a conviction is obtained.

=Z=
    Talking about O.J. is he still in jail?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

=Z=
    That's not even a logical comparison.

Since OJ was found not guilty of murder, I guess it's safe to presume you think he's innocent then.

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Talking about O.J. is he still in jail?
    I don't think he's had a trial for the Vegas thing yet, so I would guess not.

=Z=

"PurpleGator" wrote:

Just for the sake of argument is that what he really said or is that hear say?

We will wait and see.

The officer approached the car and "smelled the strong odor of marijuana," according to the report.

Smith, however, had a long history of incidents even before signing with the Vikings in July 2006. Among them:

• While playing for Tampa Bay in 2003, he pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, given a year's probation, assigned anger management classes and performed 25 hours of community service.

• In 2005, he was arrested after being in a vehicle in which someone pointed a gun at a group of fans outside a fast-food restaurant in Tampa. Officials did not press charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the one who pulled the gun.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

=Z=
    If it wasn't double jeopardy I'm sure they would have taken the contents of that book into consideration and tried him again.

He could come out and say "I killed my wife." flat out, and there is nothing anyone could do about it now.

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    If it wasn't double jeopardy I'm sure they would have taken the contents of that book into consideration and tried him again.

He could come out and say "I killed my wife." flat out, and there is nothing anyone could do about it now.
    Any day now, OJ is going to find the real killer, as he continues his tour of the medoicre municipal golf courses of America.

=Z=

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456