Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: D. Smith likely to play

The way I understood what channel 9 was saying that he was asked to move his car from out in front of sheiks and the cops smelled pot and he said he just smoked
    some. That is what I saw on channel 9 news at 10pm. So I assume he was driving. Either way he let us all down.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Great pic on the Vike and GB pic with kid btw I love it i am going to save it for the future lol
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    I think we should just let him slide this one time.

I have two words:
    Randy Moss
    Moss never got caught for anything outside of the law besides his traffic violation... I know, he had pot on him, but he wasn't charged with anything(while he was with the vikings), Smith has been caught twice in two years.

Not to mention Moss was the center of the offense, so he wasn't cuttable without huge repercussions.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Do the crime if you got the 40 time"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

jsa803 is offline Rookie

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, I hope Childress punishes him by making him sit this next game and then I hope the league suspends him (possibly up to four games...see here: http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf) and he never takes the field as a Viking again. Whether it's pot, drunkdriving, guns, indecent exposure, strippers, whatever, the rules are still the rules, the law is still the law and he is a repeat offender of various infractions. Let's see if there really is a culture of accountibilty here. If so, he has no place on this team.

Good bye Dwight.
    OMG, talk about taking things a little seriously. Pot, honestly, is not that bad. That's why it's only $125 fine. It's wildly popular, and has been for a long time (anyone here a hippie?). It's slowly becoming acceptable. No one's life was in danger, he didn't hurt himself or anyone else, so no big deal. He got caught, will pay a fine, will receive some sanction from NFL (which is stupid) and move on. We shouldn't cut him unless his play declines or he does something more serious than having pot or hooking up in a stairwell. Did you never go to college?
    When they make post legal and the NFL doesn't suspend you for drug use, than I'll agree with you. Until then, it's STUPID to do what he did!
    What did he do that was soo bad?
    the dumb thing he did is not move his car, or just do it outside his home which would have prevented getting caught.
    I honestly feel bad because pot is so mainstream, Shit I do it probally alot more then him, and he will be labeled. if this is anyone else its a small fine and noone cares but Dwight does it and he should get fired?
    And with pot first offenses are not typically given a suspension unless the amount of pot is alarming.
    (I could be wrong on that, but I recall hearing this on Tv since this story broke)
    This is a Petty Misdemenar people stop acting like he got arrested, he got a ticket.
    Plus its obvious Pat and other Defenders got his back and want him out there.
    Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"jsa803" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, I hope Childress punishes him by making him sit this next game and then I hope the league suspends him (possibly up to four games...see here: http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf) and he never takes the field as a Viking again. Whether it's pot, drunkdriving, guns, indecent exposure, strippers, whatever, the rules are still the rules, the law is still the law and he is a repeat offender of various infractions. Let's see if there really is a culture of accountibilty here. If so, he has no place on this team.

Good bye Dwight.
    OMG, talk about taking things a little seriously. Pot, honestly, is not that bad. That's why it's only $125 fine. It's wildly popular, and has been for a long time (anyone here a hippie?). It's slowly becoming acceptable. No one's life was in danger, he didn't hurt himself or anyone else, so no big deal. He got caught, will pay a fine, will receive some sanction from NFL (which is stupid) and move on. We shouldn't cut him unless his play declines or he does something more serious than having pot or hooking up in a stairwell. Did you never go to college?
    When they make post legal and the NFL doesn't suspend you for drug use, than I'll agree with you. Until then, it's STUPID to do what he did!

the dumb thing he did is not move his car, or just do it outside his home which would have prevented getting caught.
    I honestly feel bad because pot is so mainstream, Shit I do it probally alot more then him, and he will be labeled. if this is anyone else its a small fine and noone cares but Dwight does it and he should get fired?
    And with pot first offenses are not typically given a suspension unless the amount of pot is alarming.
    (I could be wrong on that, but I recall hearing this on Tv since this story broke)
    This is a Petty Misdemenar people stop acting like he got arrested, he got a ticket.
    what did he do that was so bad? he let his whole team down, got caught doing pot, probably gonna get suspended when we are in a playoff push.... its just stupid to put himself in that situation when he makes that kind of money... and ppl do get drug tested in the nfl so doing anytime is just stupid and doesnt pervent you from getting caught.... yeah you say you do pot way more than him, but if you where making millions and playing the sport you love but you couldnt do some of the things like smoke pot would u????? u probably wouldnt... unless your an idiot like dwight smith

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUScdrsMzpM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNSmyEyTSo&feature=related[/youtube]

Smoke it up!
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Good bye Dwight.
    It's not about the pot. Personally, I think it should be decriminalized. It's about breaking rules and letting his teammates down by breaking the law and having this all over the media as we begin to make a push for the playoffs. The guy is a magnet for trouble, just look at his history. We have been jettisoning these types of players over the last couple years and he should be next. If it wasn't for Tomlin vouching for him to begin with, he'd never be on this team. Get rid of him.
    I hate to be the well said guy - but that was very well said.
    It's not about the pot.
    It is about letting the team down at a very crucial part of the season by being stupid.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "jsa803" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Good bye Dwight.

I honestly feel bad because pot is so mainstream, pooh I do it probally alot more then him, and he will be labeled. if this is anyone else its a small fine and noone cares but Dwight does it and he should get fired?
    what did he do that was so bad? he let his whole team down, got caught doing pot, probably gonna get suspended when we are in a playoff push.... its just stupid to put himself in that situation when he makes that kind of money... and ppl do get drug tested in the nfl so doing anytime is just stupid and doesnt pervent you from getting caught.... yeah you say you do pot way more than him, but if you where making millions and playing the sport you love but you couldnt do some of the things like smoke pot would u????? u probably wouldnt... unless your an idiot like dwight smith
    Amen.
    I don't care what he did.
    What I care about is the fact that he willing put himself in a position to get suspended just as the Vikings are on the verge on making the playoffs.
    He let everyone - the team, his coaches, the fans - down.
    That is what is so bad.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Good bye Dwight.
    What you think just because you smoke pot is totaly irrelavent. This is a NFL policy that he violated. Players are aware of the policy, know the ramifications if they get caught breaking it & Smith chose to do just that.

"The illegal use of drugs and the abuse of prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and alcohol
    (hereinafter referred to as “substances of abuse”) is prohibited1 for players2 in the National
    Football League (“NFL”). Moreover, the use of alcohol may be prohibited for individual players
    in certain situations where clinically indicated in accordance with the terms of this Policy.

Substance abuse can lead to on-the-field injuries, to alienation of the fans, to diminished job
    performance, and to personal hardship. The deaths of several NFL players have demonstrated the
    potentially tragic consequences of substance abuse. NFL players should not by their conduct
    suggest that substance abuse is either acceptable or safe."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast