Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: D. Smith likely to play

As far as I'm concerned, I hope Childress punishes him by making him sit this next game and then I hope the league suspends him (possibly up to four games...see here: http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf) and he never takes the field as a Viking again. Whether it's pot, drunkdriving, guns, indecent exposure, strippers, whatever, the rules are still the rules, the law is still the law and he is a repeat offender of various infractions. Let's see if there really is a culture of accountibilty here. If so, he has no place on this team.

Good bye Dwight.
    Even babies know the difference.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, I hope Childress punishes him by making him sit this next game and then I hope the league suspends him (possibly up to four games...see here: http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf) and he never takes the field as a Viking again. Whether it's pot, drunkdriving, guns, indecent exposure, strippers, whatever, the rules are still the rules, the law is still the law and he is a repeat offender of various infractions. Let's see if there really is a culture of accountibilty here. If so, he has no place on this team.

Good bye Dwight.
    OMG, talk about taking things a little seriously. Pot, honestly, is not that bad. That's why it's only $125 fine. It's wildly popular, and has been for a long time (anyone here a hippie?). It's slowly becoming acceptable. No one's life was in danger, he didn't hurt himself or anyone else, so no big deal. He got caught, will pay a fine, will receive some sanction from NFL (which is stupid) and move on. We shouldn't cut him unless his play declines or he does something more serious than having pot or hooking up in a stairwell. Did you never go to college?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

I think we should just let him slide this one time.

I have two words:
    Randy Moss

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Good bye Dwight.
    OMG, talk about taking things a little seriously. Pot, honestly, is not that bad. That's why it's only $125 fine. It's wildly popular, and has been for a long time (anyone here a hippie?). It's slowly becoming acceptable. No one's life was in danger, he didn't hurt himself or anyone else, so no big deal. He got caught, will pay a fine, will receive some sanction from NFL (which is stupid) and move on. We shouldn't cut him unless his play declines or he does something more serious than having pot or hooking up in a stairwell. Did you never go to college?
    When they make post legal and the NFL doesn't suspend you for drug use, than I'll agree with you. Until then, it's STUPID to do what he did!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

No Briggs crashing his car like that , No he endangered everyone too. Bull shit he needs a wake up call too. Remember when that guy killed t the Twolve by DUI a few years back? then again got caught with dui again? It isnt right they need better restrictions somehow. Lock em up. They are just as dangerous drving drunk coming in my area as anyone else no matter who they are. And if they are someone who should show people that they have to be in good standing in the public eye, damn right be accountable. Why should they go to their jo making 3.5 million, crach their car around a pole, walk home and act like they didint do it and go on like it just business. No be accountable. You have a privelige to make 3.5 million or whatever you are making, you are not earning it now, n damn sure dont deserve it doing that crap. If you were to kill my family member driving drunk or on weed, you should be outlawed from the NFL for the entire season first shot. NO BS you know the rules. Its not like they are new to you. Its been around for along time. Loose you paycheck and sit home, I also agree with no contact with team also. Workout alone. If you or I get caught driving drunk we get the big shot loose our lic etc no breaks why should they.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

"Braddock" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Good bye Dwight.
    It's not about the pot. Personally, I think it should be decriminalized. It's about breaking rules and letting his teammates down by breaking the law and having this all over the media as we begin to make a push for the playoffs. The guy is a magnet for trouble, just look at his history. We have been jettisoning these types of players over the last couple years and he should be next. If it wasn't for Tomlin vouching for him to begin with, he'd never be on this team. Get rid of him.
    Even babies know the difference.

Was Smith Driving? I thought he was in the club when they caught him....... so how is he endangering anyone? Maybe Pat was driving...... You're assuming and you're looking like someone who assumes....

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    We need him on the field Monday, and possible throughout the playoffs.
    We do not need him after this season though, IMHO.
    He has proven that he will let the team down when we are counting on him.
    100% agree!
    no no no no no.
    We don't get it both ways, either he's unreliable and we don't like what he did, or he's fine.
    You can't justify him playing the rest of the year if you don't think he should play for us next year.
    Sure we do.
    We can decide to bring in a decent free agent to replace him after the season.
    That person will then get a chance to learn the system and all that.
    That's the way the system works.

There just aren't as many good players available right now.
    Agreed, see the big picture ( playoffs )
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

I should say that I agree he is stupid for doing it at this time, especially with the playoff race. However, I don't think he should be cut on this merit alone. All he's done while with us is this and the stairwell. These are negligible crimes.
    Immature? yes. stupid? yes. Deserving of us cutting him? Absolutely not. Redic.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

DUI and pot is illegal for reasons, i do not like having people driving on our roads while we are tring to get home from work
    or getting our kids home from school, or how about my 16 y o is now drving home and to college, i
    live in the northtwood
    by Brainerd, alot more drinkers to sobers to have on on the way home from work when you have a part time cop in town. So is it right that she has to worry about a guy pulling out of a hwy nightclub because he decides his buddy just stopped in at last minute and says aww come on have a cpl with me I havent seen u like forever. She is just on her way home, he doesnt see her coming and pulls out in front of her
    she were to crash into him chances are he probably has no insurance, no home owner ins and IF she does make it out alive her life is screwed because someone is a pot head or having a drink! not right
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast