Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

D

Gimme your touch on the D today. Granted we played the Lions, but lets talk about this: we had an offense that held the ball, drove the field even if we didn't score. Kept the D off and let them breathe.

I thought they looked great out there. If there is one thing Brad did for us is prevent a lot of 3 and outs which killed us defensively. And field position wise.

Johnstone, Newman...Winfield....whoah!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: D

Johnstone was tearing up Harrington. 2 sacks.. great day. K-Will was playing OK. Pat played well as usual... Newman tore it up... EJ was making plays throughout the game and Winfield was just an absolute monster out there.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah even though at certain points it looked like we were falling apart on the D side of the ball, look at the score we only gave up 1 TD a half which isn't bad at all.

on a side note did anybody hear how Smoot is doing? he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Thanks Josdin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

D looked great. I am going to watch it later and really key in on what the D was doing. I know that this was only the kitties, but you gotta crawl before you walk!

modena11 is offline Rookie

i believe the big reason was because on offence we didnt commit the stupid penalties that crippled drives when daunte was starting. forcing 2nd and 3rd and longs(that sounds weird).

also they finally made some plays. 3 T.O's was beautiful to watch.

great job by the defence today. EJ is turning out quite nicely. hopefully he can move back to middle and have the same effectiveness. also i love how EJ actually hits and is aggressive.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

we played great. IDC what any "Expert" says...sure it was the lions, but the lions gave the panthers a run for thier money a couple weeks ago. I loved the way our d played. Smoot should get some love, he was on his WR tight and was making sure tackles. Newman is playing like a Pro Bowler, A-win gave us what you knew he could do. Johnstone remains to be one of the most under-raited pass rushers in the NFL. Good solid win for this team!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

My only problem with the D today was that we can't seem to cover tight ends with our LBs. Cowart got beat on that TD to Pollard, and we've had TEs score on us several times this year (9 or 10 times I think) largely because of poor LB pass coverage. I would like to see us target a LB in the draft who is especially good in this area.

Other than that, the D was outstanding. Newman and Johnstone, I think, are the most underrated players on our defense.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Has anybody heard how Smoot is doing? it looked like he could have possibly dislocated his shoulder with the amount of pain he looked like he was in.

Newman was all over the field, he knocked their running back out while he was in blitz protection but just running over him. that was awesome i can't wait to see that in "JACKED UP!"

Thanks Josdin

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"modena11" wrote:
    i believe the big reason was because on offence we didnt commit the stupid penalties that crippled drives when daunte was starting. forcing 2nd and 3rd and longs(that sounds weird).

also they finally made some plays. 3 T.O's was beautiful to watch.

great job by the defence today. EJ is turning out quite nicely. hopefully he can move back to middle and have the same effectiveness. also i love how EJ actually hits and is aggressive.

I didn't know people liked timeouts that much :scratch:

I think Smoot hurt the shoulder that he had problems with in Washington. I remember watching video of him playing with it hurt as a Redskin and it looked like the same thing today, hopefully he's alright, he played well except for the one missed tackle which sent him to the sideline hurt. Man, Newman was a BEAST! I love watchin him play, that hit on Kevin Jones was awesome! Great win, go Brad!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Johnstone was tearing up Harrington. 2 sacks.. great day. K-Will was playing OK. Pat played well as usual... Newman tore it up... EJ was making plays throughout the game and Winfield was just an absolute monster out there.
    Did I not say Johnstone has got to be in there along with James?

Smoot had a good day today as well. "Neuman like you said "tore it up".

It got a little tougher for the boys in the 3rd quarter because they were on the field a lot, but they never lacked drive or determination.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast