audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Curse of the Viking Ship

The Viking Ship outside of Winter Park was tattered and weathered from years of beatings to not only the Vikings players, but the hearts of the fans as well. Zygi Wilf's intentions were good when he fixed the ship upon his arrival as the new owner of the team this summer, but he made a mistake. The ship wasn't meant to be fixed, it was meant to stay run-down and falling apart. The ship represented the Vikings orgininization perfectly. A perennial powerhouse of nordic proportions that has been tattered and bruised over all these years that somehow is holding to together by the slimmest of threads. It represents the hope of the fans that the Vikings will sail the rough waters of the NFL with what seems like a rats chance in hell and survive to win the Super Bowl. Once this happens, then you rebuild the ship, and let it rot for however many years it takes to win another one. The premature rebuilding of the ship may have cast the curse of the norsemen over the team. At least that is the most pheasable theory I can think of to explain why a team with so much talent can be doing so little on and off the field...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Metrodump is offline Starter

Re: Curse of the Viking Ship

Yeah, and replace the Metrodump too

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Its only a theory I tell my friends when they diss the Vikings and ask me to justify......

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Metrodump" wrote:
    Yeah, and replace the Metrodump too
    Plan on not staying for awhile?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

And to think I was blaming the team for playing like crap & the reject coaching staff under Tice. What a fool I are!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

A bit of a stretch Audio!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hooversham is offline Starter

I think the run down VIkings ship represented one thing: A once powerful and beautiful vehicle that has been turned to garbage by it's owner failing to pay for it's upkeep................kinda like Red McCombs did to the organization.

How about this...Let's tear the old one down completey and build a completely new one, instead of trying to patch and repair one that is so obviously not seaworthy. Kind of like the organization NOW. There's my metaphor.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Man, totally scrapping the org would be a huge process. I can't advocate that. That is like asking to be tortured. Oh well, there are people that know better than I, I will just be a fan and watch, no matter what goes down.

Hooversham is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Man, totally scrapping the org would be a huge process. I can't advocate that. That is like asking to be tortured.
    LOL. Yeah, it would be. But it's just a metaphor.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Oh well, there are people that know better than I, I will just be a fan and watch, no matter what goes down.
    Isn't this the crux of Vikings Fandom? Watch 'em, even if it hurts.........and boy does it hurt sometimes.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Hooversham" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Oh well, there are people that know better than I, I will just be a fan and watch, no matter what goes down.
    Isn't this the crux of Vikings Fandom? Watch 'em, even if it hurts.........and boy does it hurt sometimes.
    Yeah, every team has its low years, some just have more than others.

Heck Tampa already has a SB. But, I have to admit until then, their fans lives were much worse than anything we ever went through. For years, they had been beaten so bad that their eyes had swollen shut and they couldn't even see the grass on the other side of the fence. Good thing that the world of medicine advanced and they were able to get their vision back and now they have a SB and are competative year in and year out.

We deserve a SB victory sometime in the next 40 years. :shock:

:lol: :lol: