ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The curious case of Bernard Berrian

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The curious case of Bernard Berrian
    LOL, no one wants to hear why I think his yards per AVG dropped, now do they....... :laugh:
    I think his regression was quite obvious to a lot of people. His speed was different as well as his difficulty in catchng the football. They don't mention that in this article. He had a few drops.

Berrian has proven he could be productive. This wasn't a good year for him but it wasn't bad either. Just not what we expected of him.

Hopefully he comes back 100% and doesn't re-injure his hammy again. Seems to be his forte as it happened in 2008 too.
    Hmmmm, tied for 63rd with 3 dropped passes. That doesn't seem like to many to me.

Pro Football Focus Stats (Dropped Passes)
    I question that statistic my friend. Maybe that is what this site credited him for but memory serves me a little differently. Hell, I think he dropped 3 in one game for goodness sake.
    Again, I go with the guys who have access to the tapes, know what was going on (throw to hard, throw behind the reciever, reciever looking for the ball someplace else) vs a fan who probably only got to see the play from the instant the ball got within the recievers bubble.

Just a question, did you read the caveats they have on this page? If you think its more, give them a quick shout, they will give you the analysis of the data.
    I can understand your view point. Not questioning that. I do question the actual stat though. We both watched the games. I know he had more than 3 drops. I remember calling him out a few times because of it (more than 3 times throughout the season). Like I said I remember one game where he had like 3 drops.

I know you want to blame a lot on Favre. That is what it is and like everyone else I am not going to worry about that anymore. However, a drop is a drop. Not all the passes were perfectly placed but most of what was thrown this year was catchable. BB had his share as did Harvin.

I still like BB. He can be extremely productive. He is a definite threat when healthy. Right now I think the Vikes are pretty set with WRs however it doesn't mean I would be upset if they upgraded. BB has a history of injuries.

I think we need to give him another season to see how this pans out. We've seen him great, and not so great, so what's one more year to get a clearer view
    Sean Saunders

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    LOL, no one wants to hear why I think his yards per AVG dropped, now do they....... :laugh:
    I do, I enjoy watching you bury yourself in illogical comments.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I think his regression was quite obvious to a lot of people. His speed was different as well as his difficulty in catchng the football. They don't mention that in this article. He had a few drops.

Berrian has proven he could be productive. This wasn't a good year for him but it wasn't bad either. Just not what we expected of him.

Hopefully he comes back 100% and doesn't re-injure his hammy again. Seems to be his forte as it happened in 2008 too.
    Hmmmm, tied for 63rd with 3 dropped passes. That doesn't seem like to many to me.

Pro Football Focus Stats (Dropped Passes)
    I question that statistic my friend. Maybe that is what this site credited him for but memory serves me a little differently. Hell, I think he dropped 3 in one game for goodness sake.
    Again, I go with the guys who have access to the tapes, know what was going on (throw to hard, throw behind the reciever, reciever looking for the ball someplace else) vs a fan who probably only got to see the play from the instant the ball got within the recievers bubble.

Just a question, did you read the caveats they have on this page? If you think its more, give them a quick shout, they will give you the analysis of the data.
    I can understand your view point. Not questioning that. I do question the actual stat though. We both watched the games. I know he had more than 3 drops. I remember calling him out a few times because of it (more than 3 times throughout the season). Like I said I remember one game where he had like 3 drops.

I know you want to blame a lot on Favre. That is what it is and like everyone else I am not going to worry about that anymore. However, a drop is a drop. Not all the passes were perfectly placed but most of what was thrown this year was catchable. BB had his share as did Harvin.

I still like BB. He can be extremely productive. He is a definite threat when healthy. Right now I think the Vikes are pretty set with WRs however it doesn't mean I would be upset if they upgraded. BB has a history of injuries.
    We can have a logical discussion about placement of the ball, defenders hanging onto recievers etc etc without laying blame on the Noodle my friend (which I didn't by the way).

My only discussion point with you was mostly related to how fans count drops. I'm not one of those "it hit him in the hands he should have caught it" kindof guys. I know there are alot of variables that go into a dropped ball and alot fo them aren't the recievers fault.

Again, if you have a problem with how many they classified as drops, go to them and ask for the data. As they said on thier page, the stand by thier info.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    So do I.....You know I will do just about anything to get a football discussion going even if that means I need to say something to charge people up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CulpepperViking16 wrote:
    I think we need to give him another season to see how this pans out. We've seen him great, and not so great, so what's one more year to get a clearer view
    I agree, let him see if he can get healthy as well as stay healthy. If he can't, you have cats like JJ or DR standing in the wings ready to go.

Hell, when we draft Colt, you could also grab Jordan Shipley. He had a heck of a championship game after Colt went down.

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    So do I.....You know I will do just about anything to get a football discussion going even if that means I need to say something to charge people up.
    It's getting more and more difficult to get the old marrdro to surface. Did you attend the anger management class with Kyle Turley or something?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    It's getting more and more difficult to get the old marrdro to surface. Did you attend the anger management class with Kyle Turley or something?
    LOL, naw, I already lost enough "Credibility" around here. Why make it worse?

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    LOL, naw, I already lost enough "Credibility" around here. Why make it worse?
    You have no worries. The lions are to NFL dynasties as marrdro is to pp.o credibility.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    My only discussion point with you was mostly related to how fans count drops. I'm not one of those "it hit him in the hands he should have caught it" kindof guys. I know there are alot of variables that go into a dropped ball and alot fo them aren't the recievers fault.

Again, if you have a problem with how many they classified as drops, go to them and ask for the data. As they said on thier page, the stand by thier info.
    Drops, BTW, are not an official NFL statistic for this exact reason. That's why I tend to discount those stats.

As to Berrian - his hammy clearly was hurting during a large part of the season. Sid Rice is now the deep threat. Berrian is not need to "stretch the field". If there's money to be saved that could be spent elsewhere, I'm all for letting him go.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast