Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The curious case of Bernard Berrian

LOL, no one wants to hear why I think his yards per AVG dropped, now do they....... :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The curious case of Bernard Berrian

Marrdro wrote:
    LOL, no one wants to hear why I think his yards per AVG dropped, now do they....... :laugh:
    I think his regression was quite obvious to a lot of people. His speed was different as well as his difficulty in catchng the football. They don't mention that in this article. He had a few drops.

Berrian has proven he could be productive. This wasn't a good year for him but it wasn't bad either. Just not what we expected of him.

Hopefully he comes back 100% and doesn't re-injure his hammy again. Seems to be his forte as it happened in 2008 too.

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I think his regression was quite obvious to a lot of people. His speed was different as well as his difficulty in catchng the football. They don't mention that in this article. He had a few drops.

Berrian has proven he could be productive. This wasn't a good year for him but it wasn't bad either. Just not what we expected of him.

Hopefully he comes back 100% and doesn't re-injure his hammy again. Seems to be his forte as it happened in 2008 too.
    Hmmmm, tied for 63rd with 3 dropped passes. That doesn't seem like to many to me.

Pro Football Focus Stats (Dropped Passes)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

He also had one pass for 99 yards last season... that will distort the YPC a bit.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    He also had one pass for 99 yards last season... that will distort the YPC a bit.
    29 of his passes caught this year were from 1-10 yds. Last year it was about split between 1-10 and 11-21.

ESPN Stats Berrian

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Hmmmm, tied for 63rd with 3 dropped passes. That doesn't seem like to many to me.

then that stat is not right. I know he had at least three drops in one game, can't remember which one, but it was a bad game for him. he tipped up Favre's interception, which would be a drop. Its gotta be at least 4.

However, there is no curious case.

Berrian
    a) was injured all preseason, so he never got in a groove with Favre like the other guys did. When he came back, they were out of sync, and he wasn't used to catching Favre's passes. Later on, when they were more comfortable with each other, they did fairly well. He was making nice catches and good gains.

b) he's being used differently. Last year he went deep, or took a short pass the distance. This season he was used as a posession guy, which he is not. I saw him in there on fade routes in the endzone, hooks, outs, etc. Things he doesn't excel at.

Its not like he's a bad receiver, he had an off year. It happens. I'm not worried at all.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

He sucks. Cut him.
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting read, thanks. I don't think Berrian is so bad, just never thought he was even close to a #1 receiver, which is what I believe they thought he would be (paying that much for him).

That hammy injury hurt him badly...those things have a way of lasting much longer than you might think. If I recall, he was one of the most vocal in trying to get Favre here. Without the injury to slow him down, I'm sure we would have seen more "go routes" to him this past season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I know he had more than 3 drops. I don't care what that site says. I'm not a Berrian hater or anything.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Reasons for Berrian's decreasing production

He needs Bobby Wade and Gus Frerotte with him to stand out

Will Smith hasn't tought him any new moves in 2009

Too much starch in his pants, chafing made every yard hurt

Thought he was Randy Moss and took some plays off

Partying with Bryant McKinnie makes you slow off the ball

Rattled by continuously hearing Brett Favre/Greg Lewis TD as called by Paul Allen being replayed everywhere he looks. Thought Frerotte/Berrian 99 yard TD was better.

[video size=50 width=240 height=180]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmHO75i6gc[video size=50 width=240 height=180][/video][/video]

Primetime games played after eating big meals

Sleepless nights thinking up twitter practical joke to top Jackson injury

Childress's beard

Unhappy with current Madden rating

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast