Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    wyorob is offline Starter

Re: Culpepper's replacement???

I think it is funny.... I was run down like a red headed step child when I talked about getting rid of Bellpepper and look to the future. I said he was not a team player and was looking to get out. Hope he finds another Randy Moss to make his career again. Just another run happy, fumble crazy MLB playing QB. SEE YA !!!!!!! New offense, new coach, new system, new QB, sounds good to me.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I think they are going to go really hard for brees, he is a probowler, and will be ready this season.

Thanks PurpleMafia

[b] Give Tommy Kramer a beer and throw him out there, couldnt do any worse than the guys names that have been thrown out there. Lets look to the draft maybe we can get something for Bellpepper.

What about Shaub from Atlanta, I thought he was going to be available, he is a poised QB with great skills he showed last year when Vick went down.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

yeah I am really surprised more people havent been suggesting Schaub as well. When Vick was out this year he ran that offense better than Vick ever has. I have no idea if he is a FA or not but if he is I would make a run at home before Brees, for the simple fact that he hasnt been injuried at all yet.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Webby" wrote:
    I got a call from Zygi...I'm trying out!

Point being, there aren't many good QBs out there.
    True.

But define "good".

Good as in he will get you over .500? Good as in they will have a good passer rating?

I like to think of good as in: this guy has the nads to strap the team on his back and say "follow me" and lead the way.

To me...that is good.

Steve Dils was not "good".

:wink:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    yeah I am really surprised more people havent been suggesting Schaub as well. When Vick was out this year he ran that offense better than Vick ever has. I have no idea if he is a FA or not but if he is I would make a run at home before Brees, for the simple fact that he hasnt been injuried at all yet.

He is not a FA, he is going into his 3rd year and I think he would be a FA after next season! But we could always trade for him, give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and get a QB that trains behind Brad for the year and starts next year!

Atlanta traded another one of their QBs a few years ago that they did not want to make a starter, his name was Brett Favre and I think the Packers think that turned out OK!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK, 23 pages that Culpepper is leaving.
    How about we talk about some people that could replace him.
    Here's a guy I've been high on and mentioned it a few weeks ago.
    [size=18px]Omar Jacobs - Bowling Green[/size]

He's just a junior but he's big like Culpepper. 6'4" and 225 pounds. He ran the 40 yard dash in 4.55 which is pretty good.

Here's what some top scouts say about him:

Positives:
    I am not going to waste any time in saying that I absolutely love Jacobs and prefer him over Matt Leinart. Jacobs will be a better NFL quarterback. He has a huge arm, good vision, and great mobility. He has gotten the most out of the marginal talent that he has around him.
    He threw for 41 touchdowns as a sophomore and ranked third nationally in pass efficiency. Has shattered all kinds of conference records while still a young quarterback. Also does very well in the classroom, a testament to his dedication on and off the field.

Negatives:
    While I find very few aspects of his game that do not translate into NFL success, it must at least be mentioned that he has not played against consistent top-flight competition. Only games against Miami and Wisconsin this season would be considered as good, hard-nosed college football defenses.

Overview:
    Considering that Jacobs completed 30-of-51 passes for a career-best 458 yards and five touchdowns against Wisconsin, it would be safe to say that that the competition argument is a moot point. Jacobs has done all that he can with the team and the players that surround him. He has all the tools necessary to be great in the NFL, even though the learning curve may take a little longer.

Although I see Jacobs as a solid first-round selection, he probably will not go until the second or third. But whoever lands him will be landing a franchise quarterback.
    if he's much like culpepper, i wouldn't want him. give me someone like roethlisberger, hasselbeck, p. manning, or c. palmer.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

modena11 is offline Rookie

great rationalization.

i think every team in the NFL wants a QB of that calibre.

funny thing is, we have one and we want him out.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    There is a pretty good QB from Furman that might be worth taking a look at. I dont know his name or anything like that.
    Ingle Martin. He is very intriguing.
    Does anyone happen to have a prospect report on him??
    He had the strongest arm (according the the radar gun) at the combine. He started his career at Florida and transferred to Furman when it was apparent that he wouldn't be starting. He also logged quite a bit of time as a punter while he was at Florida. All in all, he's pretty athletic, has a very strong arm, and makes good decisions. If he had stayed at Florida and started, or transferred to another high-profile college, there's no doubt in my mind that he would be in the first or second round mix. As it stands right now, I would guess that he will go in the third or fourth round.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast