Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper's replacement???

OK, 23 pages that Culpepper is leaving.
    How about we talk about some people that could replace him.
    Here's a guy I've been high on and mentioned it a few weeks ago.
    [size=18px]Omar Jacobs - Bowling Green[/size]

He's just a junior but he's big like Culpepper. 6'4" and 225 pounds. He ran the 40 yard dash in 4.55 which is pretty good.

Here's what some top scouts say about him:

Positives:
    I am not going to waste any time in saying that I absolutely love Jacobs and prefer him over Matt Leinart. Jacobs will be a better NFL quarterback. He has a huge arm, good vision, and great mobility. He has gotten the most out of the marginal talent that he has around him.
    He threw for 41 touchdowns as a sophomore and ranked third nationally in pass efficiency. Has shattered all kinds of conference records while still a young quarterback. Also does very well in the classroom, a testament to his dedication on and off the field.

Negatives:
    While I find very few aspects of his game that do not translate into NFL success, it must at least be mentioned that he has not played against consistent top-flight competition. Only games against Miami and Wisconsin this season would be considered as good, hard-nosed college football defenses.

Overview:
    Considering that Jacobs completed 30-of-51 passes for a career-best 458 yards and five touchdowns against Wisconsin, it would be safe to say that that the competition argument is a moot point. Jacobs has done all that he can with the team and the players that surround him. He has all the tools necessary to be great in the NFL, even though the learning curve may take a little longer.

Although I see Jacobs as a solid first-round selection, he probably will not go until the second or third. But whoever lands him will be landing a franchise quarterback.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Culpepper's replacement???

Sign Brees or trade for Schaub or David Garrard from Jax.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Brodie Croyle in round 2. Perfect fit for the WCO.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Glad you brought this up....IDK if all of you realize this but....We need a Franchise QB now. BJ will do his job for the next year (possibly 2)...but what about in the long run...This Class has alot of talent at every postion...including QB.If we dont land Brees, I say we take a QB with our second pick.(pending what we do with the first and FA)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Atlanta is never gonna trade Schaub when Vick can't stay on the field. I think ATL is giving Vick 1 more year to improve/develope and if he doesn't, he is gone and Schaub is their guy.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What about Shaun Hill!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I see you show what he did as a sophomore. Is that where he is now? If it is, with his dedication off the field, he may not be ready for the NFL. It all depends on how devoted he is to his education.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I;m thinking we break the bank with all this money we have and go get Kerry Collins, since Moss said he is better then Daunte. :lol:

I really wish Brees didn't have that shoulder injury. That kind of scares me from him. Otherwise I would love to get him.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Atlanta is never gonna trade Schaub when Vick can't stay on the field. I think ATL is giving Vick 1 more year to improve/develope and if he doesn't, he is gone and Schaub is their guy.
    You probably are right and the price may be too high. I do like Garrard from Jax and he did well last year as a fill in starter.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

I;m thinking we break the bank with all this money we have and go get Kerry Collins, since Moss said he is better then Daunte. :lol:
    I really wish Brees didn't have that shoulder injury. That kind of scares me from him. Otherwise I would love to get him.

Yeah, great idea!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast