Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Culpepper's camp ready to negotiate. What will Vikings do?

singersp.. yer our top connection for info.. i odn't think anyone would ignore ya..

well.. course there are trolls about..

besides my way to early reading of mn newspapers.

and if you read the article.. even his agent says he is focusing on coming back faster and stronger!! we'll have to see what happens with his contract.. but.. like i said before.. why bash a guy when u do'nt even have the whole store?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Del Rio Guest

Re: Culpepper's camp ready to negotiate. What will Vikings d

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    This should be gold.

I mean he needs to HONOR is contract right?

People were tearing Brad Johnson up and all he said is HE WOULD LIKE TO START! "Brad needs to shut up and honor his contract"

It's threads like these that gives you a window into who you should simply fricken ignore.

Lets see the sympathy train roll into town for old C-pep.
    You are talking about ignoring the thread subjectee & not the thread originator...................................right ? :???:
    I'm talking about the handful of people who are going to stick up for Dante sayind we need to throw more money at him and have also blasted Brad Johnson saying he needs to honor his contract.

Not about the very awesome well informed person who started this thread :grin:

This is almost as bad as when Birk basically said hey I will risk my career but you have to hook me up with a deal. I don't care if there was a previous arrangement or what the guy might never play again and if he does he may not be half as good as he was.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be people who just two days ago were blasting BJ "angry" that he was not honoring his current contract will chime in, in support of Daunte and his quest for top pay even after he played like ass soup last year. He hasn't even proven he can be successful without Moss.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    This should be gold.

I mean he needs to HONOR is contract right?

People were tearing Brad Johnson up and all he said is HE WOULD LIKE TO START! "Brad needs to shut up and honor his contract"

It's threads like these that gives you a window into who you should simply fricken ignore.

Lets see the sympathy train roll into town for old C-pep.
    You are talking about ignoring the thread subjectee & not the thread originator...................................right ? :???:
    I'm talking about the handful of people who are going to stick up for Dante sayind we need to throw more money at him and have also blasted Brad Johnson saying he needs to honor his contract.

Not about the very awesome well informed person who started this thread :grin:

This is almost as bad as when Birk basically said hey I will risk my career but you have to hook me up with a deal. I don't care if there was a previous arrangement or what the guy might never play again and if he does he may not be half as good as he was.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be people who just two days ago were blasting BJ "angry" that he was not honoring his current contract will chime in, in support of Daunte and his quest for top pay even after he played like jiggly butt soup last year. He hasn't even proven he can be successful without Moss.
    "Not about the very awesome well informed person who started this thread :grin: "

I could see giving him more guaranteed money if it was based on level of play. He would have to start out where his contract is at &earn the increase only after he proves it's merited.

To throw "guaranteed" money at him before he even steps on the field would be ridiculous.

This isn't true of just DC, but any superstar playing pro sports today.

But exactly how many millions can a player spend in his lifetime?

When is enough enough?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

I think he is looking for an easy way out.

No team in their right mind would throw a truckload of money at a guy who may never play again.

If there is a contract "dispute" he can get away from the scandal and the critisizm and start fresh.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"iluvbigtds" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    I say we hold off on giving Daunte any more money till he shows and proves that he is totally healthy. Lets not forget that football is a business first.
    I think the timing of this is pretty suspicious, after all these allegations of the Vikes shopping him. I'll be a real conspiracy theorist and say Pep is saying "put up or shut up" to the organization, either pay me what a superstar QB merits now or trade me to someone that will.
    Exactly. I think that Culpepper is forcing the Vikings hand on this one. This will either force them to commit by restructuring his deal and paying him more or it will force them to trade him.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Teams don't have to honor contracts.... player should try and get as much money as he can, while he can.

Del Rio Guest

It's good that teams dont have to honor contracts. Otherwise it would be the NBA.

Asking for a rework after all that has happend last year sounds pretty damn desperate to me.

If I was Wilf I'd tell him to blow me.

*Edit*

That may be too harsh. I would tell Daunte to come talk to me at the end of next year. That may go over slightly better.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He needs to restrutcure his contract and take a pay cut!

Prove he is worth more money.. Damn

TheViking11 is offline Waterboy

we need to keep culpepper, he is our franchise player, even though he didnt have the greatest season this year, he is still good and should go better next season with the west coast offense and new coaches, we cannot afford to let him go
    I BLEED PURPLE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

we need to keep culpepper, he is our franchise player, even though he didnt have the greatest season this year, he is still good and should go better next season with the west coast offense and new coaches, we cannot afford to let him go
    He DOES NOT fit the mold of a West Coast player. That's the problem. Daunte is a runner and a long ball thrower. Brad Johnson is a West Coast style player and proved it last year.
    Daunte asking for more money at this point is the stupidest thing he ever did with the exception of all his interceptions and fumbles last year. The highest paid player in the NFL, come on! He isn't anywher near the top QB in the NFL. Look at the four QB's in the hunt for the Super Bowl. Only ONE is a first round draft choice. The rest are all lesser known QB's.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast