Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Culpepper wants Moss to be Traded?

"truvikefan" wrote:
    "XTAP59" wrote:
    Moss makes the offense go, not Culpepper. Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff george, and Gus Frerotte had career games and seasons throwing the ball to Randy Moss. Culpepper has had that luxury as well.
    When Moss is out of the game, Culpeppers stats went way South. When Culpepper was out of games, the offense actually stepped up with Frerotte rallying the team.
    Not a knock on Culpepper here, just stating the facts. Moss makes the offense go.
    I cant Disagree with you anymore Culpepper is the leader of this squad. Culpeper can run the show without Moss. Im not saying i want him traded but Culpepper is the man he has such great talent and he is still getting better. Notice how he spreads the ball around to everyone. He still very young. Moss right now is in his prime, id say he has 5 more dominant years if that. You got to be thinking of the future. I mean right now we can get two #1's and a dominant defensive player. Maybe from San Fran or Atlanta or Baltimore. Dont get me wrong im a huge Moss fan, Id like to see him finish his career with Minnesota but i was there when alan page left and i felt like i was gonna die.
    You may disagree all you want. The stats clearly show that when Moss is out of the game, Culpeppers numbers are average. When Moss is in the game, Culpeppers numbers are all pro level. I posted earlier that Culpepper this year was on pace to break Marino's TD record as well as his yardage record. Then Moss got hurt. Look at peps numbers the first 6 games this year, then the 5 games Moss sat out, and then the remaining games when Moss did come back, but was slowed by the injury. Moss makes the offense go.

Yes, Culpepper is the leader of the squad, but I commented that Moss makes the offense go. There is a difference. And yes, pep can run the show when Moss isn't in, but his numbers are average compared to when Moss is in the game.
    And who said they want Moss traded? Or Culpepper?
    Yes, Moss is in his prime. Drafted in 98. Culpepper as well, drafted in 99. Both are in their prime.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

I dont want either one traded, but if I had to pick one I would say Culpepper. Other mediocre QBs have looked like Pro Bowlers with Moss. Without Moss, Culpepper turns into a decent QB.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

elgordo is offline Rookie

Dante just said that it might be better for Moss :rr: to move on...

he didn't say that he didn't want him on the team

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Trade Culpepper..? I suppose that wouldn't be a complete loss.. then we could bring Cryin' Ryan Leaf out of retirement.

Other players gotta step it up sometimes, Pep can't always do it alone. Sometimes it's one or two players that make the difference, but I like how the system works for teams New England.. they get the most out of who they have and are good enough to get the job done.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

How about if we trade....NEITHER of them....obviously they complement each other! Yes, it's true that Moss could find another guy who can throw it deep (not Pennington, though) easier than Pep could find another Moss...BUT trading either of them would NOT bring us comparable value, so to suggest trading either of them is an exercise in futility...especially when we have the cap room to buy any FA defender out there...rather than trading players, we should be focusing on acquiring proven FAs for our defense so that we can win now!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

How about if we trade....NEITHER of them....obviously they complement each other! Yes, it's true that Moss could find another guy who can throw it deep (not Pennington, though) easier than Pep could find another Moss...BUT trading either of them would NOT bring us comparable value, so to suggest trading either of them is an exercise in futility...especially when we have the cap room to buy any FA defender out there...rather than trading players, we should be focusing on acquiring proven FAs for our defense so that we can win now!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"elgordo" wrote:

What's this...someone else actually READ what Culpepper said, or Watched him in his interviews and didn't twist his words around!! Thank you elgordo!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12576

Look at those stats and answer this:
    Why trade someone who has put up those numbers and who we still owe $36 million?

If the Vikings organization wants to stop his "antics" on and off the field, Coach Tice really needs to stop being such a softy and put his gigantic foot down and tell him he needs to stop or theyre benching him.

and see how moss reacts to that. If he acts poorly after that and demands a trade or pulls some more marijuana-meter-maid BS then we trade him.

As for now, keep #84

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12576

Look at those stats and answer this:
    Why trade someone who has put up those numbers and who we still owe $36 million?

If the Vikings organization wants to stop his "antics" on and off the field, Coach Tice really needs to stop being such a softy and put his gigantic foot down and tell him he needs to stop or theyre benching him.

and see how moss reacts to that. If he acts poorly after that and demands a trade or pulls some more marijuana-meter-maid BS then we trade him.

As for now, keep #84

Did you mean his GINORMOUS foot down!! (I loved the movie Elf!!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "elgordo" wrote:

What's this...someone else actually READ what Culpepper said, or Watched him in his interviews and didn't twist his words around!! Thank you elgordo!!
    Dante "just" said it might be better for Moss to move on!! Nothing like minimizing a direct statement. If that doesn't sound like he doesn't want Moss on the team then I don't know what the guy could say to make it more clear!! How about if he said, "I hate Randy Moss!! Randy Moss can go **** himself!! If I ever see Randy Moss again it will be too soon!! Randy Moss can go to ****!!! I will never play another down on this team as long as Moss is on it! Moss *****, he's an *******!! I'd retire before I'd play another down with that *******!! I'll kill that sob if I ever see him again!!!" I suppose if he said that then you would say that "he didn't say that he didn't want him on the team" or that "the media is just twisting his words around."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast