Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Culpepper or Vick

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=keepculpepperorvick&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I know this doesnt mean much, but it makes you feel good doesn't it!
    It's Fantasy football but hey, thats not important...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Culpepper or Vick

Part of the reason one would choose Culpepper over Vick is the other offensive talent on the team. Obviously, the Vikings have Randy Moss for Daunte to throw to, and all of the RBs are pretty good receivers as well. Peerless Price was a dud in Atlanta last season, although Vick was hurt most of the year. When the rest of Atlanta's offense improves around Vick, he will be a very attractive fantasy league QB.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Culpepper or Vick

Keep Culpepper regardless!! That's just a biased opinion, but I don't care!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper or Vick

"purplepat" wrote:
    Part of the reason one would choose Culpepper over Vick is the other offensive talent on the team. Obviously, the Vikings have Randy Moss for Daunte to throw to, and all of the RBs are pretty good receivers as well. Peerless Price was a dud in Atlanta last season, although Vick was hurt most of the year. When the rest of Atlanta's offense improves around Vick, he will be a very attractive fantasy league QB.

Vick does have a ton of talent around him on offense this year. He has price, who looked great when he had vick throwing to him at the end of last year, 1st round pick michael jenkins who is a big possession receiver, dez white who is suprisingly being called the #2 WR right now for how good he has looked in camps, and finneran as a #3 or #4 is dangerous there. Throw in one of the most underrated TE's in the league, in alge crumpler and a great receiving back in warrick dunn, and he has a lot of offensive weapons. Most importantly he is in the perfect system for him to succeed, the west coast offense. I look for Vick to have a huge year this year, but daunte should also. I would take daunte over vick for one reason and one reason only, injuries. Daunte has a much less chance of being injured, than vick does. If both stay healthy all season, it could be pretty close, with daunte having more passing Td's and passing yards, but with vick having more rushing Td's and rushing yards.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Culpepper or Vick

I agree with muchluv. Vick will have plenty of people to throw the ball to. Peerless Price didn't make a difference to their offense by himself because he's not a deep threat receiver. He needs to start opposite of someone who is like he did with Eric Moulds in Buffalo. Dez White is a deep threat and Michael Jenkins of course will be their fastest guy. Alge Crumpler is definately the most underrated TE in the league. Vick like Daunte will be a great passing QB that also brings the threat to take off running although he should be doing a lot less running this year than he did two years ago because of his injury.

I would still take Daunte for the same reason as the guy in the article...he has proven his fantasy worth. Vick has a good passing offense around him but I'm not sure that will translate into as much fantasy points, especially TDs, as Daunte will have.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper or Vick

I'm actually more jaded on Vick than Culpepper. As far as fantasy stats go, he's going to get you decent numbers for sure. I kept Vick on my roster all season so I could have him for the playoffs, and you can take three guesses what he did for me.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper or Vick

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'm actually more jaded on Vick than Culpepper. As far as fantasy stats go, he's going to get you decent numbers for sure. I kept Vick on my roster all season so I could have him for the playoffs, and you can take three guesses what he did for me.

Yeah, I also kept vick for the playoffs, but ended up starting mcnair and bulger instead of him, so I wasted a roster spot with him last year. Oh well, I still won so it didn't really matter.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper or Vick

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:

Yeah, I also kept vick for the playoffs, but ended up starting mcnair and bulger instead of him, so I wasted a roster spot with him last year. Oh well, I still won so it didn't really matter.
    Lucky. Both Hasselbeck and Vick sucked it up that championship week, and I lost our championship game.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Culpepper or Vick

Vick is a crappy passer, so long term you'll lose points, but he will run more than pep so you'll get those yards. Really depends on how the fantasy leauge point systems works. If you get big bonuses for more than 200 yds passing or passing pct. then pep
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Culpepper or Vick

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    Vick is a crappy passer, so long term you'll lose points, but he will run more than pep so you'll get those yards. Really depends on how the fantasy leauge point systems works. If you get big bonuses for more than 200 yds passing or passing pct. then pep
    Vick is a better passer now than he was two years ago, and I doubt he'll be running as much as he did back then.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast