Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Culpepper: Trade me, or Terminate my Contract

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Good post FedjeViking!!

Most of the post in this thread haven't gone to that depth.

After reading your post, I have one question for you.

You think the Vike Org is trying to get rid of DC
    ?

After seeing all that you laid out, that is what I think. If you see or hear bits of it, over a long period of time, it is not as apparent, but when it is all there in front of you like that, it kind of glares at you.
    That is why I sit and watch what is going on; then analyze the whole picture. In answer to your question....

Yes I do, more and more Childress is starting to remind me of Denny Green. He is starting to sound like an egomaniacal HC who believes that "his system" is better then any players and he WANTS to get rid of the stars on the team so that he can have everybody give him all the credit for winning with inferior talent. Maybe time will prove this feeling wrong, but that is the way it sits right now in my mind. I think you can kiss any thoughts of Brees, Hutchinson, Bentley, Witherspoon, or any other top free agents goodbye; can't have big names on the team, it might take away from the coaches accomplishments.
    If he can bring the ammount of success Denny Green brought to the Vikings then whatever he wants to do is fine with me.
    Not me, I want a Superbowl, not just Division!! Childress is suppose to be better, not the same as Green!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    That is why I sit and watch what is going on; then analyze the whole picture. In answer to your question....

Yes I do, more and more Childress is starting to remind me of Denny Green. He is starting to sound like an egomaniacal HC who believes that "his system" is better then any players and he WANTS to get rid of the stars on the team so that he can have everybody give him all the credit for winning with inferior talent. Maybe time will prove this feeling wrong, but that is the way it sits right now in my mind. I think you can kiss any thoughts of Brees, Hutchinson, Bentley, Witherspoon, or any other top free agents goodbye; can't have big names on the team, it might take away from the coaches accomplishments.
    Wow!

Sounds like the boot camp method, we will break you down (from individualism) and build you back up as one unit (team).

Del Rio Guest

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Good post FedjeViking!!

?

After seeing all that you laid out, that is what I think. If you see or hear bits of it, over a long period of time, it is not as apparent, but when it is all there in front of you like that, it kind of glares at you.

If he can bring the ammount of success Denny Green brought to the Vikings then whatever he wants to do is fine with me.
    Not me, I want a Superbowl, not just Division!! Childress is suppose to be better, not the same as Green!
    All he has to do then is be one play better then. I guess I can handle the risk that he is one play better.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Denny could have been Cowher if given the chance.

31 teams don't win the SB each year. Being competative each year is a challenge. Denny isn't there yet in AZ, and may never get there again, who knows?? This isn't a Denny thread!!! So I will stop there.

I do agree, I wan tmore than what Denny got us, but I think that Del and I want the consistancy that Green gave us from year to year.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Complaint:
    The contract debate includes that Daunte is a big boy, and why should Wilf redo the contract just because Daunte agreed to something that is ridiculous?

My answer:
    And Wilf also agreed to sit down this spring and restructure a deal that HE said wasn't a a reflection of Daunte's worth to the team. He wouldn't have had to change anything, but why couldn't he at least keep his word and sit down to go over the contract and see what COULD be changed if he was so inclined? All he would have lost was an hours time and he could have then said that he had reviewed the contract but decided the timing wasn't right for a change.

There was a meeting between Wilf, Brzezinski and Daunte's agent and he was turned down. (more to come)

Complaint:
    It's been stated that Daunte hasn't done anything to instill confidence. It takes an act of the Pope to get Daunte to Minnesota.

My answer:
    He's months ahead of the predicted rehab curve for his injury, had (prior to yesterday) made no public statements that showed anything other then support for the organization and a desire to play here, and had, by Childress' admission, agreed to be present at all meetings and training sessions.
    He did not support his team after he was injured, did not go to a game until the Vikings forced him by sending a plane and Reggie Fowler to pick him up. He wouldn't respond to phone calls from the Vikings or from his teammates!

As for the other, hasn't Daunte been to the Cities and tried to have a sit-down with Childress only to have THE COACH say that he couldn't make it? Why is it Daunte's fault that he traveled 2000 miles and the coach couldn't be bothered to travel across town? At least one of the times Daunte was up here he was IN WINTER PARK, and Childress couldn't be bothered to talk to him?!
    Daunte came to Minnesota after he requested a 3rd meeting with Wilf to discuss his contract demands. He had a meeting set up with Childress for the same day, after only Brzezinski met with him and told him No, Daunte stormed out of Winter Park and refused to meet with Childress (he was in the same building not across town). Childress called him on the phone and they talked for about 45 minutes, but it shows disrespect to your new boss (childress) to not met with him!

Complaint:
    Also stated is that if Pep is worried about what is being said in the media, he had better get out of the NFL altogether. The only thing that matters is what is being said between him and the front office. We don't know what that is or was. It doesn't make sense for the team to announce their strategy and intentions to the media and rest of the league.

My answer:
    Most of the "anti-Daunte" voices in PP.O still say that Daunte should be doing two things this offseason; rehabbing the knee and learning the new offense.

Instead of letting him concentrate on doing that, however, the team has made him the center of a continous media circus that served no point and could only be a distraction to those two goals. Who was really served by this?

For all of Childress' "We speak with one voice" BS, he as appeared to go out of the way to contradict the owner at every turn and cause the situation to escalate, wich serves nobody.
    If he would have accepted the fact that he is in now position to demand 10 million dollars more in pay, and had acted like he wanted to be in Minnesota there would not be an issue! If he couldn't have started the season then Brad would have, and when Daunte was ready he would have come in.

It was Daunte's agent that went to the media first (in January) about the new contract he wanted, and that if the would not give him the raise he wanted to be traded!

Complaint:
    Maybe Daunte should be in Minnesota where he has direct access to the "organization".

My answer:
    Against doctors recomendations and before any organized classes can be conducted to install the new offense? What a pointless gesture that would be!
    No it is not pointless it shows that he is the leader of the team and that he was going to come back from the injury and lead us tot eh promised land. Instead he went and hid in Florida and nobody knew what was going on with him!

Complaint:
    That he in fact he did have a meeting with Brez regarding his contract. Brez told him it would not be redone. That they are not obligated to renegotiate his contract. And that Pep "understood" that when the meeting was over.

My answer:
    And after that meeting Pep was on record with the media consistantly saying that he intended to still be the QB for the team despite his disappointment with how they handled it. He wasn't out asking other teams to make an offer on him to see if he could be traded; that was the team doing that.
    see above responses! there was 3 meeting and it was his agent that brought up him being traded and Daunte was talking to the media himself after the last meeting and it was not all everything is fine!

Complaint:
    That Pep is the one inviting the media into the situation. No one on the Vikings staff has been emailing them.

My answer:
    No, but despite the staff's insistance that they would speak with one voice and not do their buisness in the media, they have continued to give the media conflicting information and Childress in particular has made no effort at all to hide the fact that he could care less if Daunte was back next season.
    Because Daunte has pretty much pissed off everybody at Winter Park with his pour attitude and his acting like a child!

Complaint:
    That there is a definite possibility that another QB to WR relationship can be developed.
    Have no idea what you are referring to!

My answer:
    I'm sure that in 3 or 4 years one might be, guess you are just happy to have an average or worse team in the meantime.

Brad's not the answer, his (lack of) arm strength was clearly indicated last year and despite his fluffed up record against the dregs of the NFL he couldn't do anything against playoff calibre teams and twice lead the offense to 3 points for the entire game.

Brees might be a step up, but he is coming off an injury of his own that some have speculated could make him more of a risk to ever play then Daunte is. A torn labrum and damage to the rotator cuff in the throwing shoulder is not a minor thing for a QB who had questionable throwing skills to begin with. I still think that on a team without the league's greatest weapon to take the pressure off of him, Brees is a below average QB at best and is not a long-term answer for the Vikes.

Who else is out there? The guy we get with the top 5 pick in the 2007 draft after a disastrous season this fall? Another retread we pick up from some other teams scrap heap? Or maybe we are just counting on picking up the next Joe Montana as an undrafted rookie in April?

Our options at QB are not that great, and yet the team wants to dump a guy that over half the league would love to have on their team...sometimes I just don't get this organization.

Brad is not the answers, but the O-line sucked last year and our running game was pathetic so not all of the offensive woes were Brad's fault and he did go 7 -2 as a starter in the regular season!

Drew Brees would be a capable QB and with the WCO he would do just fine here!

I would rather have Matt Schaub from Atlanta, as I have stated numerous times but I am not the personal director!

And if half the teams wants Daunte why can we not give him away, there is not guarantee that Daunte ever becomes the QB he was in 2004! He could might never get past this injury and he might remain the QB he was in the first half of 2005!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Shaub would take a 2nd-3rd round pick to snag.. Im not sure I would want to do that..

Just get someone better in Brees and keep our picks..

We need to move on from Daunte if all this is true.. I heard he would honor his contract in MN.. But if he wants out let him out.. We can deal without his turnovers

I'm still 50/50 with Pep.. But if he wants to act like this.. Send him packing

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Complaint:
    The contract debate includes that Daunte is a big boy, and why should Wilf redo the contract just because Daunte agreed to something that is ridiculous?

My answer:
    And Wilf also agreed to sit down this spring and restructure a deal that HE said wasn't a a reflection of Daunte's worth to the team. He wouldn't have had to change anything, but why couldn't he at least keep his word and sit down to go over the contract and see what COULD be changed if he was so inclined? All he would have lost was an hours time and he could have then said that he had reviewed the contract but decided the timing wasn't right for a change.

There was a meeting between Wilf, Brzezinski and Daunte's agent and he was turned down. (more to come)

Complaint:
    It's been stated that Daunte hasn't done anything to instill confidence. It takes an act of the Pope to get Daunte to Minnesota.

My answer:
    He's months ahead of the predicted rehab curve for his injury, had (prior to yesterday) made no public statements that showed anything other then support for the organization and a desire to play here, and had, by Childress' admission, agreed to be present at all meetings and training sessions.
    He did not support his team after he was injured, did not go to a game until the Vikings forced him by sending a plane and Reggie Fowler to pick him up. He wouldn't respond to phone calls from the Vikings or from his teammates!

As for the other, hasn't Daunte been to the Cities and tried to have a sit-down with Childress only to have THE COACH say that he couldn't make it? Why is it Daunte's fault that he traveled 2000 miles and the coach couldn't be bothered to travel across town? At least one of the times Daunte was up here he was IN WINTER PARK, and Childress couldn't be bothered to talk to him?!
    Daunte came to Minnesota after he requested a 3rd meeting with Wilf to discuss his contract demands. He had a meeting set up with Childress for the same day, after only Brzezinski met with him and told him No, Daunte stormed out of Winter Park and refused to meet with Childress (he was in the same building not across town). Childress called him on the phone and they talked for about 45 minutes, but it shows disrespect to your new boss (childress) to not met with him!

Complaint:
    Also stated is that if Pep is worried about what is being said in the media, he had better get out of the NFL altogether. The only thing that matters is what is being said between him and the front office. We don't know what that is or was. It doesn't make sense for the team to announce their strategy and intentions to the media and rest of the league.

My answer:
    Most of the "anti-Daunte" voices in PP.O still say that Daunte should be doing two things this offseason; rehabbing the knee and learning the new offense.

Instead of letting him concentrate on doing that, however, the team has made him the center of a continous media circus that served no point and could only be a distraction to those two goals. Who was really served by this?

For all of Childress' "We speak with one voice" BS, he as appeared to go out of the way to contradict the owner at every turn and cause the situation to escalate, wich serves nobody.
    If he would have accepted the fact that he is in now position to demand 10 million dollars more in pay, and had acted like he wanted to be in Minnesota there would not be an issue! If he couldn't have started the season then Brad would have, and when Daunte was ready he would have come in.

It was Daunte's agent that went to the media first (in January) about the new contract he wanted, and that if the would not give him the raise he wanted to be traded!

Complaint:
    Maybe Daunte should be in Minnesota where he has direct access to the "organization".

My answer:
    Against doctors recomendations and before any organized classes can be conducted to install the new offense? What a pointless gesture that would be!
    No it is not pointless it shows that he is the leader of the team and that he was going to come back from the injury and lead us tot eh promised land. Instead he went and hid in Florida and nobody knew what was going on with him!

Complaint:
    That he in fact he did have a meeting with Brez regarding his contract. Brez told him it would not be redone. That they are not obligated to renegotiate his contract. And that Pep "understood" that when the meeting was over.

My answer:
    And after that meeting Pep was on record with the media consistantly saying that he intended to still be the QB for the team despite his disappointment with how they handled it. He wasn't out asking other teams to make an offer on him to see if he could be traded; that was the team doing that.
    see above responses! there was 3 meeting and it was his agent that brought up him being traded and Daunte was talking to the media himself after the last meeting and it was not all everything is fine!

Complaint:
    That Pep is the one inviting the media into the situation. No one on the Vikings staff has been emailing them.

My answer:
    No, but despite the staff's insistance that they would speak with one voice and not do their buisness in the media, they have continued to give the media conflicting information and Childress in particular has made no effort at all to hide the fact that he could care less if Daunte was back next season.
    Because Daunte has pretty much pissed off everybody at Winter Park with his pour attitude and his acting like a child!

Complaint:
    That there is a definite possibility that another QB to WR relationship can be developed.
    Have no idea what you are referring to!

My answer:
    I'm sure that in 3 or 4 years one might be, guess you are just happy to have an average or worse team in the meantime.

Brad's not the answer, his (lack of) arm strength was clearly indicated last year and despite his fluffed up record against the dregs of the NFL he couldn't do anything against playoff calibre teams and twice lead the offense to 3 points for the entire game.

Brees might be a step up, but he is coming off an injury of his own that some have speculated could make him more of a risk to ever play then Daunte is. A torn labrum and damage to the rotator cuff in the throwing shoulder is not a minor thing for a QB who had questionable throwing skills to begin with. I still think that on a team without the league's greatest weapon to take the pressure off of him, Brees is a below average QB at best and is not a long-term answer for the Vikes.

Who else is out there? The guy we get with the top 5 pick in the 2007 draft after a disastrous season this fall? Another retread we pick up from some other teams scrap heap? Or maybe we are just counting on picking up the next Joe Montana as an undrafted rookie in April?

Our options at QB are not that great, and yet the team wants to dump a guy that over half the league would love to have on their team...sometimes I just don't get this organization.

Brad is not the answers, but the O-line sucked last year and our running game was pathetic so not all of the offensive woes were Brad's fault and he did go 7 -2 as a starter in the regular season!

Drew Brees would be a capable QB and with the WCO he would do just fine here!

I would rather have Matt Schaub from Atlanta, as I have stated numerous times but I am not the personal director!

And if half the teams wants Daunte why can we not give him away, there is not guarantee that Daunte ever becomes the QB he was in 2004! He could might never get past this injury and he might remain the QB he was in the first half of 2005!
    Boy I'm glad I checked this thread again. I almost got serious and was about to do what you did. Good job.

Hey did you see your favorite DT got a fat contract extension by the bucs :lol: :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Good post FedjeViking!!

?

He is running the ship just as Andy Reid does in Philly where it is either "my way or the highway" and you sacrafice stars if they do not want to tow the company line.

We have had too many "me" players here since our last dominant teams in the 80s and I welcome this type of coaching attitude because we need the discipline in this organization (see the boat incident and personal adgendas).

As far as the inferior talent comment you have to be kidding because without talent you cannot go far and he did work with some stars in Philly.

As far as comparing him to Denny that is crazy this guy doesn't go around bragging about him and being ignorant is insisting that he is right. As a matter of fact we have heard very little from the new coach so how can we form an opionion. Childress has decided that he wants to change the personnel to fit his schemes as head coach, which HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO. Why try to make a square peg fit into a round hole, when it comes to finding players to fit your scheme it makes not sense.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

Wow!

Sounds like the boot camp method, we will break you down (from individualism) and build you back up as one unit (team).
    And that would be great if he can do it. We haven't had a coach that could inspire team spirit since Bud Grant, and Jerry Burns. I remember the days where the team never gave up until the clock ran out, and usually came from behind to win in the last seconds because of that team spirit. Green never accomplished that, can Childress?
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

wyorob is offline Starter

Now Everyone is on the Bellpepper Band Wagon

Just a shot time ago when one would mention getting rid of Daunte Cullpepper hordes of you would fire out with all kinds of opinions and say NO WAY!!! Then it comes out that Daunte wants out of MN and those same people jump ship and now have all kinds of reasons its a good idea and more ideas on who to replace him with. This site is great and so much fun to talk vikings but those of you who can not have a thought owned by you should just come clean and admit you play the middle of the fence and could care less what happens. Popular opinion seems to be your reasoning.
    Good lick to Daunte and better luck to the Vikings, I think it is a wise choice if they do let him go but do not let him go cheap.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast