Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Culpepper on Sirius

It's a poor musician that blames his instruments.

Own up to your own actions for a change Daunte...your teammates might then follow you.

I was a huge pep fan until he go hurt and went down to Fla. and turned his back on his teammates just so he could feel sorry for himself.....Good riddance!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

does anyone actually think duante will start the season opener?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:
    does anyone actually think duante will start the season opener?
    Well he did start the Pre-season opener yesterday, so you would think he would start the regular season as well

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It's kind of hard to debate who has better receivers. Clearly Chambers is much better then any receiver we had last season, but then you look at depth and our top 5 looks to be a much better group then Miami's group of 5 WR's.

If Daunte was blaming his poor play of last season on our WR's, which I am not sure he was, then that is pretty sad. Sure we didn't have a great receiving corp, but he also didn't have to throw the ball up for grabs or make all those horrible throws that ended up being ints last year. A good QB would have thrown the ball away or taken the sack.

Tell me a time that Tom Brady has had a great receiving corp, and yet he never seems to have trouble getting the job done.

Fact is, the problem last year was Daunte's, our receiving corp and bad O-line play. Brad came in and did a decent job running the offense, because he didn't hold on to the ball too long like Daunte did. Brad was precise in his descisions and knew where the ball needed to go, which is something Daunte struggled with. I did also notice our O-line improve their pass blocking as the season went on, so that kind of helped Brad out. But Brad was also not afraid to throw the ball away or take a sack, which Daunte just didn't seem to want to do last year either.

Now I really think Daunte was just talking up the offensive weapons he has in Miami, more then he is trashing what we have here in Minnesota, so I am not gonna get too mad at his statements.

I remember going through something similar to this, with Moss last offseason, when he said he liked Collins as a QB better then Daunte. It's just a player on a new team talking up his teammates, like they should be expected to do.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte is still not walking well!

I know it was a preseason game and that he is rusty, but those 2 passes he through were terrible!
    I think he is pushing it to prove a point, and I hope that it doesn't cost him in the long run.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Daunte is still not walking well!

I know it was a preseason game and that he is rusty, but those 2 passes he through were terrible!
    I think he is pushing it to prove a point, and I hope that it doesn't cost him in the long run.
    Agreed,
    I think he is pushing way too hard to prove a point.
    His knee does not look very stable to me when watching him try to move around.
    If he's not careful he could be hobbling for the rest of his life.
    Slow down and do it right dude.
    Worried Joey might take the starting role from you? He did look better in his debut with the Phins (must be all those great receivers he has to work with

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I dont think any of our recievers have proven anything yet.
    K-rob made the probowl not as a reciever, but as a special teams player.
    No one has proven anything yet, until that happens our recievers are below average and he has a valid point.
    Now if one or more of our WR has a better year than chambers, then pep can put his foot in his mouth, but until then he has a point.
    Dead on. Agreed.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"darkflood" wrote:
    In an interview today on Sirius NFL radio, Daunte intimated that he's better off in Miami because he now has good recievers. As if the problem last year was that he had NO ONE to throw the ball to. Granted, he doesn't have Moss, but he had Wiggins, Taylor, K. Robinson, etc. I was kind of pulling for him ( I personally didn't like the decision to let him go), but now I hope he falls flat on his face in Miami. He has never made the best decisions or been a very good leader due to his immaturity, but it's all of the recievers faults, not his. Brad did o.k. with the recievers he had and an offensive line that kinf of sucked, so why couldn't Daunte?
    I will always pull for him though not Miami.....he got a raw deal from us...I don't blame him for being bitter

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234