Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Culpepper on Sirius

I dont think any of our recievers have proven anything yet. K-rob made the probowl not as a reciever, but as a special teams player. No one has proven anything yet, until that happens our recievers are below average and he has a valid point. Now if one or more of our WR has a better year than chambers, then pep can put his foot in his mouth, but until then he has a point.
    You republican whore!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I dont think any of our recievers have proven anything yet. K-rob made the probowl not as a reciever, but as a special teams player. No one has proven anything yet, until that happens our recievers are below average and he has a valid point. Now if one or more of our WR has a better year than chambers, then pep can put his foot in his mouth, but until then he has a point.
    I agree. They havn't proven themselves. Koren didn't play much at WR last season, and he has to earn his respect in the league.

All I was saying was that I like our recievers as a group more than the Phins group, though I agreed with you that Chambers is quality. But it's a personal statement, and I could be eating crow later on.

The thing that got me started were the guy saying our receivers 'kinda suck', because I don't agree with that.

And to sum up; I like the potential of Troy, I like Taylor in the slot position. I'm hoping Koren can play like a starter, but that remains to be seen come regular season. Add to that Marcus Robinson, who is not great, but not bad either, espesially in the red zone, and we got a pretty interesting group of players.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Culpepper is no longer a Viking.

So why is this thread in the Vikings Forum? :scratch:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

So why is this thread in the Vikings Forum? scratch
    Some people can't let go.

NaryBim is offline Training Camp

"KJ" wrote:
    Honestly, what's he gonna say? His receivers in Miami suck? He can't say that.

Exactly right :!:
    "When you have fear, bad things happen."
    C. Fason

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I suppose all the fumbles he has had in his career is all the recievers fault too.. Facts are facts, Culpepper is a bad decision making QB that will never be a leader of any team he is on.. Look at how close he and Moss were when they were together.. Look also at how fast Culpepper bad mouthed Moss when he was gone..

Culpepper is nothing more then an immature, overrated, bad decision making, fumble prone QB that puts all of his faults on the players around him instead of himself who truely deserves it.. He will fall flat on his face in Miami, just give him time.. He wil have his fumbles, he will have his INT's, and when the fans and reporters in Miami start coming down on him, we will al see the real Daunte Culpepper.. I don't wish injury on him, but I hope other teams expose him..

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Daunte is just expressing how he feels, ofcourse you going to lash out to tha team that didnt give you tha contract extension you wanted, though its wrong its understanding.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I still like PEP. I hope he does well. The comments are just that comments. If you think about it Wiggins was the only receiver he really had. TWill was still green, KRob did not get much playing time, and Nate B was hurt. I've not making excuses.

I've never heard to many PPOer's going man I sure love that Travis Taylor or Marcus Robinson.

Now I do agree PEP was not much of a leader more of a follower. Randy Moss actually was more of leader. The Vikings last year were a ship without a Captain.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

darkflood is offline Starter

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    I guess your word is fact darkflood, or not!
    Unlike many here and even across the nation, I think and hope Daunte will have an All-pro career with the Dolphins.
    I'd hate to see him win one playoff game as a Dolphin because then the controversy over his being traded will continue.

Fact is, he's no longer a Viking, so I don't care hide nor hair what any fan has to say about him.
    Especially those in the national media and especially those from his former fan base!
    I heard what I heard. Whether anyone takes it for fact or not is up to them. I know Daunte can't speak ill about his team, but to throw his entire former team under the bus when he was at least partly in fault for it is wrong. So which people don't you want to hear from, the media or the fans? I loved Daunte and hoped he would do well. The fact of the matter is that he had one(1) good(excellent) season, but other than that he has been benched, led us to a 2 and 4 opener and didn't look very good during that. I'm just wondering why he's an all pro with one good season? That's like Javon Walker thinking he should get Owens or Moss money because of ONE good season. I just want to hear 'Pepp take at least PART of the blame for last year.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

darkflood is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:

So why is this thread in the Vikings Forum?
    :scratch:
    I put it in the Vikes thread because I thought that since he was trash talking against the Vikings... it should go in the Vikings thread. Should I have put it in the general NFL thread?
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast