Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Culpepper says he plans to play for Vikes

I get a kick out of the fact that here it is four months later, and you can not read an article about the man without it mentioning that:

"Culpepper, who was picked for his third Pro Bowl following a record-setting year in 2004, struggled badly through the first part of the 2005 season before tearing the anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his knee during a game against Carolina last Oct. 30."

A majority of these articles are even posted in local Minneapolis papers. Like there is some Viking fan somewhere who has been living under a rock since October, and just happens to pickup the Star-Tribune today and scream, "Holy Sh!t, Pep is injured?!?!?!?"

It reminds me a lot of when the Rams made their run, and everytime there was an article or news story, someone would have to chime in, "You know Bob... It wasn't that long ago that Kurt Warner was stocking shelves in a grocery store."

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    I want him traded just so I don't have to read the same posts over & over again. lol
    \

Tell me about it Prophet,

I think that he will get traded though.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

What do you mean.."he didn't say he actually wanted to stay".. Daunte said..."he plans to play qb for the Vikings this fall.." Sure sounds like he plans to stay to me.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=24px]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND CUT! [/size]

Vikings shopping Pep

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    I get a kick out of the fact that here it is four months later, and you can not read an article about the man without it mentioning that:

"Culpepper, who was picked for his third Pro Bowl following a record-setting year in 2004, struggled badly through the first part of the 2005 season before tearing the anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in his knee during a game against Carolina last Oct. 30."

A majority of these articles are even posted in local Minneapolis papers. Like there is some Viking fan somewhere who has been living under a rock since October, and just happens to pickup the Star-Tribune today and scream, "Holy Sh!t, Pep is injured?!?!?!?"

It reminds me a lot of when the Rams made their run, and everytime there was an article or news story, someone would have to chime in, "You know Bob... It wasn't that long ago that Kurt Warner was stocking shelves in a grocery store."
    No...it's mainly so that the lazy butt beat writer hacks don't have to come up with very much original stuff when they write an article...they just cut and paste most of the same stuff...and then make up something controversial so that they can sell newspapers!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Just reading between the lines I think this is an interesting way to refer to the new front office.
    "Until I hear different from Mr. Wilf or the new 'triangle of authority' at the Vikings,
    It sounds very distant from the management to me and a little sarcastic. I get a feeling that all is not well with Pep. :???:

WWBGD

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I think its just natural frustration at this point. I dont think he should be representing himself - it becomes too personal and leads to hardfeelings if they continue the marriage - sometimes it helps to have another set of eyes evaluate your situation.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "My position will be that we're not going to talk about our football business in public," Foley said. "It's just not going to happen. It's not the way that I do business, and it won't be the way that we'll do business from this point forward."
    This is what I said in a post a few day ago. This "ship" is going to be run tight and even though speculations run wild, you won't get any hints from this ownership until things happen.
    And in any good business organization that's the way it should be.

Right on! This is the way it should be.. Bring some respectability back to the Vikings orginization..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"RK." wrote:
    Just reading between the lines I think this is an interesting way to refer to the new front office.
    "Until I hear different from Mr. Wilf or the new 'triangle of authority' at the Vikings,
    It sounds very distant from the management to me and a little sarcastic. I get a feeling that all is not well with Pep. :???:
    The way I read it is "It's still business as usual, until I hear otherwise"

meaning he still plans on rehabing & working on coming back to be the QB for the Vikings, until he here's something different from the management.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"RK." wrote:
    The moniker of the "Triangle" has been thrown around way before Pep's email. However I do agree with you. I smelled the same sarcasm from that line. I can even envision Pep actually doing "finger quotes" when he proofread his email. :razz:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast