Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper - PUP list?

That smoking was with George as QB against the Rams. He is correct in saying Cunninghams 106 PR season was in 1998. Johnson was part of that team but he was injured early in the year. He did come back briefly but faked another injury (not sure if it was really faked). It just seemed like something was done so there wasn't a QB controversy since Cunningham took over and did so well.

I for one, hated the fact we traded Johnson over Cunningham. I know Cunningham had an awesome season in 1998 but I think I could have had close to that passing rating with the team we had that year. I knew the next year when Goerge came in we would do better than with Cunningham. We started the 1999 season 2-4 with Cunningham and finished 10-6 with George.

I fear history repeating itself if the Vikings trade Daunte. He has more gas left in the tank than Brad. I like Brad, and I think he did a good job last season, but we should'nt give up on 'Pep so soon,IMO.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikesoto" wrote:
    I fear history repeating itself if the Vikings trade Daunte. He has more gas left in the tank than Brad. I like Brad, and I think he did a good job last season, but we should'nt give up on 'Pep so soon,IMO.
    I agree, I've always felt that way at least. Nice sig quote by the way, never heard that before!
    ;-)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    I see all the stats and they are great play by play. The bottom line is just because he had "meaningless" INTs or fumbles that doesn't account for the rest of the throws that were behind, in front of, or over heads of the intended receiver. Just face the fact that he had a bad season. No matter how you look at it, it was bad. He did show glimps of greatness but usually when the game was already lost. Most of his points and yardage came in the 4th quarters.

Unfortunately, none when it counted
    . I will agree the PIs called against Wiggins were bogus and thye probably could have won that game if it weren't for those calls. The bottom line is when we were driving and only behind by 4 he threw another INT to Kelly against TB. It may have been tipped but it was a horrible pass anyway. Maybe it's caught if it were a good pass.

IMO there's no such thing as meaningless turnovers. They are all bad. Just like FGs. Regardless of when it is during the game it's not meaningless. It shows lack of focus and concentration mostly.

Apparently, you did not watch the Vikings/Packers game. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Only Time will tell but the PUP is a real option due to the severity of his injury!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

I did watch the Packers - Vikings game Singer. Both of them like I do every year. Are you trying to say that DC was great because he had one good half? Notice I said the word usually in my statement. Meaning not all the time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    I did watch the Packers - Vikings game Singer. Both of them like I do every year. Are you trying to say that DC was great because he had one good half? Notice I said the word usually in my statement. Meaning not all the time.
    I made my statement based on your comment "Unfortunately, none when it counted"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

You're right. I did state it that way. I was figuring everyone read above that already and I wouldn't have to say it again. My bad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234