Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Culpepper - PUP list?

Anyone think the Vikes will place Culpepper on the PUP list for 2006? Basically this means Culpepper cannot be added to the active roster until October - at this time he will be able to return. seems like this may give him a more realistic timetable to return. Obviously, time will tell.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Re: Culpepper - PUP list?

I would rather see us just trade him to be honest with you no reason to hold onto him if we can get a great trade worked out with say the Rams or the Dolphins. I am not very high on PEP these days, he really has to do something to win back alot of his fans and so far he has done nothing but get defensive and run away from his problems. NOt to mention lie(telling us all he didnt do anything on the boat) Plus all this negative contract crap. I will give the man another chance but he has to show me and I am sure alot of other fans that he wants us to support him and so far it doesnt seem like he wants that so far it seems like its all about him.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

They may do it. He is scheduled to return sometime in the first half of the season.. They may put him on the PUP list.. It will be interesting to see what they will do with him..

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I would rather see us just trade him to be honest with you no reason to hold onto him if we can get a great trade worked out with say the Rams or the Dolphins. I am not very high on PEP these days, he really has to do something to win back alot of his fans and so far he has done nothing but get defensive and run away from his problems. NOt to mention lie(telling us all he didnt do anything on the boat) Plus all this negative contract crap. I will give the man another chance but he has to show me and I am sure alot of other fans that he wants us to support him and so far it doesnt seem like he wants that so far it seems like its all about him.
    I agree, although still not sure I want Daunte traded :???:
    Nice post though.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

so if daunte goes, we are not going to be winning for a while. our team is very close to being set to win now. daunte can get it done. he will be on the field and good to go.
    We're bringing purple back.

Nothing wrong with him coming in midyear - ala Tommy kramer.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I could definitely see them putting Culpepper on the PUP list at the beginning of training camp, because that would leave an extra roster spot open for a little longer for a younger guy to prove himself. Culpepper isn't really worried about losing his spot on the roster, so that wouldn't be a bad idea.

But I don't really know anything about the rules of the PUP list, as for pay, when you can come off, etc.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Let's just wait & see what shape he's in when training camp comes around & take it from there. :wink:

No reason to get all worked up about it right now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

I disagree Gregaire the Vikings proved this year they can win without Daunte. They proved it rather well I would say. They proved it actually with a over the hill QB at the helms. What the Vikings need is a solid in the pocket passer for this new offense without Randy Moss. A matt Leinhart would be ideal for this , who we could get by trading Daunte to The Rams possibly or at least shopping Daunte for a top 5 pick. I however would not want Young.

An idea - if we put Culpepper on the PUP prior to March 1 - do we still need to pay him the roster bonus????? Perhaps this is whay he is hiding and asking for a new contract???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast