Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper Offensive player of the week

Daunte was named Offensive player of the week and Nick Bernett from the Packers was Defensive Player of the week.

Barnett did have a great game against Carolina.

Culpepper earns Player of Week award
    Last Update: 9/15/2004 4:01:45 PM

New York, NY (Sports Network) - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper, Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett and Detroit Lions safety Bracy Walker were named NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week, respectively, for games played the first week of the 2004 season.

Culpepper threw for 242 yards and a career-high five touchdowns, including two to Randy Moss, as Minnesota cruised to a 35-17 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. Culpepper even posted a 147.1 passer rating.

Barnett notched seven tackles, one interception and one sack in Green Bay's 24-14 win over the Carolina Panthers. His third-quarter pick paved the way for a 67-yard scoring drive that made it 24-7.

Walker, meanwhile, played an instrumental role in Detroit's first victory in Chicago since the 2000 season. Walker returned a blocked field goal 92 yards for a touchdown to give the Lions the lead and sealed the triumph with a crucial interception in the end zone with 18 seconds left. The 92-yard blocked field goal return for a score was the longest of its kind since 1970.

Other nominees for NFC Offensive Player of Week 1 were Seattle running back Shaun Alexander, St. Louis running back Marshall Faulk, Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb, Washington running back Clinton Portis and Green Bay tailback Ahman Green.

Other nominees for NFC Defensive Player of Week 1 were Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber, Washington safety Matt Bowen, St. Louis defensive end Bryce Fisher, Arizona safety Quentin Harris, Philadelphia safety Michael Lewis, Detroit defensive tackle Shaun Rogers and Minnesota cornerback Antoine Winfield.

Nominees for NFC Special Teams Player of Week 1 were Tampa Bay kickoff returner Frank Murphy, Seattle punter Tom Rouen, Washington punter Tom Tupa and St. Louis kicker Jeff Wilkins
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Defensive player of the week should have been Julian Peterson, 2 sacks, 5 tackles (all solo) 2 forced fumbles for a really shitty team! 2 sacks against Vick too!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I thought winfield had a hell of a game
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Good Job Daunte, you deserve it man. I am just waiting for the Daunte bashers now. Not to bash them back, but to show them that he really is not bad, and he wasn't bad last year either.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield 10 tackles and 2 forced fumbles, fumble recovery, should have got it or julian hell of a game but a corner who causes two turnovers and rovers one then get 10 tackles oooooooooooh.. Barnett had like what 1 INT and i dont think had very many tackles i may be wrong.

Just goes to show you how good of a division were in.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

the stats on NFL.com have 8 tackles and only 1 fumble recovery, no forced fumbles for windfield. Their stats are all screwed up.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Isint he supposed to have two forced fumles with one recovery???

I remember nfl.com also screwing williams over by not giving him a sack too.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Culpepper Offensive player of the week

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Daunte was named Offensive player of the week and Nick Bernett from the Packers was Defensive Player of the week.

Barnett did have a great game against Carolina.
    The NFC North swept the NFC weekly honors. Pep got offensive P.O.W., Barnett got defensive P.O.W, and Detroit's Bracy Walker got the special teams award for his 92 yard blocked field goal return, longest in the NFL in 34 years. The fact that he intercepted a pass on defense in the endzone at the end of the game to seal the victory probably didn't hurt either.

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

I don't like Daunte cuz I hate the Vikes, but he is a good qb. I just don't put him on Favre's level. He hasn't proven that he can lead his team or carry them when needed, but no doubt he has talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast