Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mvikes84 is offline Starter

Re: Culpepper must take some blame....

"Justin311" wrote:
    couldn't see the game, but the game tracker mentioned Rosenthal for quite a few false starts. Im glad the O-line gave him some more time this week, but the running game stinks. I agree Culpepper could probably run more and be just as effective as MM or MB, but his fumblitis suggests otherwise.

I did watch the TB game and after 2 weeks i can honestly say Daunte is thinking too much out there. Against the Bucs he changed the play at the line too many times so much so he was overthinking every play trying to find a hole. And from what ive seen and heard over the past 2 hours i get the feeling he did the same thing today.

The o-line needs some work, but Daunte needs to trust his instincts more, i think he's thinking too much and trying too hard to overanalyze things out there.
    His problem is not that he is thinking too much, it is that he is not thinking fast enough! He could not read a defense if his life depended on it!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"mvikes84" wrote:
    "Vikes11KicksButt" wrote:
    Yea the announcer shows guys open, but do you realize how many more ints culpepper would have if there across his body and across the field to the left well rolling out right, having guys open is great if you can plant your feet and make throw from the pocket whats the point. Daunte looks more like boxer because hsifeet are always moving.
    and daunte is always one of the first to take blame if he plays bad, if anything the guy is too hard on himself. Its wierd but sometimes too much heart can be problem and i think he is too much heart and feels like he can make something out of nothing so he tries to throw through people when games get out of hand jsut make soemthing happen. he needs to calm down and he will be fine
    Daunte Culcrapper sucks!! He is the most OVERATED QB in football. After 6 years in the NFL he still has no idea on how to read defenses. He is so dumb he actually said he will be a BETTER QB WITHOUT RANDY MOSS!! He wanted Moss gone and he got his wish. I'm not sure who is more stupid Culturnover or Mike Tice.

Whoa buddy, I don't know about most overrated.. But definitley if he plays the rest of the year like these 2 games then yah definitley.. Im sticking with him.. We dont have a better QB then him so he might as well play

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"coryface2000" wrote:
    This is my first post and i am a die hard vikes fan my whole life. I want to sit here and say that its just the o-lines fault and we need to just address that, but the fact of the matter is Culpepper threw some terrible passes today, pressure or not!! I'm not gonna jump to conclusions and say we should bench him, he's too good an athlete, but we have to be realistic and ask ourselves when is enough enough? If he performs like this in the first half of next weeks game i'm gonna have to say its time to see what Brad can do.

Just read another thread that said we needed a "spark". Now don't get me wrong, CPep is making a lot of bad decisions. But he was trying to produce that "spark", it just didn't work out the right way. To some degree, I dont fault him for trying as nobody else was doing anything. Nate, T.Taylor, Bennett, Memo ... anybody, I MEAN ANYBODY please stand up !!!!

KWILL93 is offline Training Camp

"coryface2000" wrote:
    This is my first post and i am a die hard vikes fan my whole life. I want to sit here and say that its just the o-lines fault and we need to just address that, but the fact of the matter is Culpepper threw some terrible passes today, pressure or not!! I'm not gonna jump to conclusions and say we should bench him, he's too good an athlete, but we have to be realistic and ask ourselves when is enough enough? If he performs like this in the first half of next weeks game i'm gonna have to say its time to see what Brad can do.
    Your right he does, but there is enough blame to go around. Bottom line is though that this team that we all love is in a serious tailspin and something needs to be done fast. I don't believe there is any one thing to blame it is definatly a combo of things and even in a small way the loss of Moss as well.

biggame is offline Waterboy

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "Vikes11KicksButt" wrote:
    Yea the announcer shows guys open, but do you realize how many more ints culpepper would have if there across his body and across the field to the left well rolling out right, having guys open is great if you can plant your feet and make throw from the pocket whats the point. Daunte looks more like boxer because hsifeet are always moving.
    and daunte is always one of the first to take blame if he plays bad, if anything the guy is too hard on himself. Its wierd but sometimes too much heart can be problem and i think he is too much heart and feels like he can make something out of nothing so he tries to throw through people when games get out of hand jsut make soemthing happen. he needs to calm down and he will be fine
    on some of those plays tho he had plenty of time, if you can't find the open man coming across the field you have no business being in the NFL. i know he's not used to the new coverages, and probaly not having a vertical game except for a rookie that we only play at the end of the game.
    but if he can't figure this crap out he doesn't deserve the starting job. i'm not saying bench him in favor of Johnson or Hill but he does need to get his head out of his butt, how many times did you see him looking downfield for a receiver and then get sacked and fumble the ball. i like Pep but he needs to read what is going on, on the field quicker.
    You are correct, I thought that Daunte was going to have a great season because he looked good during the preseason reading defenses and finding the correct WR. In the first two games he looks to be staring down one WR and then trying to force the ball into that WR while guys are running open underneath or on other parts of the field.
    "Back in 82, if coach would have put me in, we would have taken state..... No doubt.... No doubt in my mind."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This all has to do with the amount of pressure on Culpepper IMO. He looked so good in preseason yet horrible in the regular season. What happened?

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

I agree with some of all of this but I do put a lot of the blame on the coaching staff. I don't think Tice is now at the same standard as some of the players he got in the off season.

He took over the play calling from Loney because for the seond week running he couldn't cut it. maybe they should give the play calling to Pep and let him get on with it.

I know the seasons only just begun but maybe if this continues we will be playing for pride and the pressure to be a top finisher will fall on the Eagles alone, then we can relax and start playing football like I know we can.

I'm not ready to give up on them yet or Culpepper. He has carried us throuh too many seasons of no D to start giving him a hard time now.

C'mon Daunte, show everyone your are one of the best and just play your game.
    Purple till i die

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123