Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Culpepper must take some blame....

This is a team game, but the blame is on the offensive unit. The o-line, the coordinator and Daunte, all are terrible.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Maybe it's just me....but I think someone bought Culpepper off. I can't think of too many ways to explain something like this.....
    Sean Saunders

All these depressing forums about how we lost. I almost miss some of the fierce political debates.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

alberta_vike is offline Starter

The game against Tampa was mostly the Oline's fault. They couldn't block anybody. Today, though, there were lots of time that Daunte had plenty of time and open receivers, and he stood there until he got sacked. Other times he threw to covered receivers or just missed his targets completely. I would put the majority of the blame on Daunte today.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

argh! so much for being a jedi knight! As disappointed as we are, I have to wonder whats going on with the vikes team. The players look at his 8 ints over two games...there cant be much confidence there. This has to be about the worst thing for any quarterback and team leader to go through, whether they are regularly good, mediocre, or lousy.

I'm just afraid that this monkey on Culpepper's back has become a 500lb gorilla.

tampaviking is offline Rookie

it looked as if he was trying to throw the perfect game from the start, and he does need to scramble more make the linebackers break their coverage, he had great success with that last year, and i would much rather worry about a fumble when he gets hit than a forced pass that gets picked.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah pep does need to either run or get rid of the ball when he actually gets some protection.. He was loving the protection too much when he got it that he would just sit there.. Get rid of the ball or take it yourself.. He needs to see the WR's better too.. No way does he play like this 3 weeks in a row.. I GUARENTEE A WIN THIS COMING WEEK! SKOL VIKES GOD DAM IT!

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"Vikes11KicksButt" wrote:
    Yea the announcer shows guys open, but do you realize how many more ints culpepper would have if there across his body and across the field to the left well rolling out right, having guys open is great if you can plant your feet and make throw from the pocket whats the point. Daunte looks more like boxer because hsifeet are always moving.
    and daunte is always one of the first to take blame if he plays bad, if anything the guy is too hard on himself. Its wierd but sometimes too much heart can be problem and i think he is too much heart and feels like he can make something out of nothing so he tries to throw through people when games get out of hand jsut make soemthing happen. he needs to calm down and he will be fine
    Daunte Culcrapper sucks!! He is the most OVERATED QB in football. After 6 years in the NFL he still has no idea on how to read defenses. He is so dumb he actually said he will be a BETTER QB WITHOUT RANDY MOSS!! He wanted Moss gone and he got his wish. I'm not sure who is more stupid Culturnover or Mike Tice.

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

I don't know what's up with Culpepper. He looked awesome in the preseason, and now absolutely nothing is working for him. He has no confidence at all, and he is missing quite a few wide open receivers. The announcers said he is seeing coverages he never saw before because we don't have Moss anymore, but I don't buy that.

About the o-line, they played a little better this week. Pep did have plenty of time to throw numerous times, and at the beginning, it looked like we were going to establish a running game (except Bennett couldn't hold onto the ball) and then we fell so far behind, that was it for the running game.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah pep does need to either run or get rid of the ball when he actually gets some protection.. He was loving the protection too much when he got it that he would just sit there.. Get rid of the ball or take it yourself.. He needs to see the WR's better too.. No way does he play like this 3 weeks in a row.. I GUARENTEE A WIN THIS COMING WEEK! SKOL VIKES GOD DAM IT!
    "I GUARENTEE A WIN THIS COMING WEEK! SKOL VIKES GOD DAM IT!"

LOL that deserves to be at the top of the site!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast