Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper - Linehan

This is what Linehan had to say on NFL TA tonight.

He was asked "what went wrong with DC last season?"

DC lost his way a bit. Some was to do with the loss of Moss, and some had to do with all the change. I truly beleive that he was coming around, just didn't have the chance to do it because of the injury. He has so much heart and will that I know he would have turned it around
    I think that it is too easy to bash DC this season. It is a bit unfair also. I am going back to find a post I made a while back to help justify my statement.

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Culpepper - Linehan

I agree, I hate rebuilding and think that we could go far with a little consistancy. Keep Pep, we can rebuild him, make him faster, smarter, stronger, pay him the 6 Million and make him the SB MVP. Steve Austin would be proud.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

I went back through my posts and couldn't find it amongst the 700 or so post that it could have been in.

Short version of what I wrote is this. DC had a few fumbles and a few INTs that really counted. The rest was all in garbage time. If you go back and look at the play by play of the games(actually look at the Bengals game and that sums it up, it just all gets put on DC shoulders as the QB), you will see what I am talking about. Yes, DC did have TOs, but most of them were a team effort or in garbage time when HE was trying to hard to get us back into games that were out of reach.

In addition to what Linehan said, I think that the team didn't help DC. Tipped balls, bad line play, and the D let some big plays go, so we had to play from behind. We were playing from behind in most all the losses we had in the 2-5 start.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well either way it looks like we're going to find out! I hope that he comes back and shows us that he's a better quarterback than he was when he left. If he's not, then we'll be in for a long season.

Linehan is on NFL TA, it is the same that I watched earlier

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

the thing is if cullpeper didnt get hurt we couldnt bash farve because cullpeper would have more int's. farve would be second. so tell me again y you want him back?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    the thing is if cullpeper didnt get hurt we couldnt bash farve because cullpeper would have more int's. farve would be second. so tell me again y you want him back?

I doubt it.. We started playing back up teams towards the end.. And the worst D in the league... The Lions twice pep would have played.. And the Pack again..

Favre would have had more.. By far

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I went back through my posts and couldn't find it amongst the 700 or so post that it could have been in.

Short version of what I wrote is this. DC had a few fumbles and a few INTs that really counted. The rest was all in garbage time. If you go back and look at the play by play of the games(actually look at the Bengals game and that sums it up, it just all gets put on DC shoulders as the QB), you will see what I am talking about. Yes, DC did have TOs, but most of them were a team effort or in garbage time when HE was trying to hard to get us back into games that were out of reach.

In addition to what Linehan said, I think that the team didn't help DC. Tipped balls, bad line play, and the D let some big plays go, so we had to play from behind. We were playing from behind in most all the losses we had in the 2-5 start.
    I remember that thread. I said it there and I will say it again, a turnover is not merely a change of posession, it is not guaged by what the immediate result is.

It disrupts your entire team. Puts the defense back on the field, makes the offense frustrated and paniced and most importantly keeps your D from being able to converse with coaches on how to adjust to the flow of the opposition.

Essentially ALWAYS keeping your team on their heals.

Culpepper has always been prone to turnovers, even on par last year with his worst season.....he needs to improve in that area of his game if we ever want to win. Hopefully the new coaching staff can help him get a handle on that.

In the end you can analyze it into the ground and pull what you think supports your own emotions best, we all do it. At the end of the day the only thing certain is as a team we didn't get it done with him last year. Hopefully this year we get the good Culpepper, since he fluctuates with the wind in his consitency. Then again the chances of him even playing are slim. I imagine that he will have a rough time taking over for Brad midseason, especially if we are winning games.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

If brad is consistant and winning our games when cpep is back healthy, I think i'd let brad keep playing, no reason to fix something that isn't broken. Don't get me wrong, I love pep, but i dont think it would be a wise move doing that.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Hopefully the new coaching staff can help him get a handle on that.

It has been known that Daunte has small hands so inturn he fumbles alot.

Hope the coaches get him to get a handle on the ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast