Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Culpepper as a Leader???

I love Daunte Culpepper and I feel that he has great ability, and know that his game will pick up this year; however I question his ability to lead a team. The vikings admin. traded Moss becasue they wanted C Pep to be the unquestioned leader, well at this point we have had more off the field problems than I can ever recall. I think its time that a player steps up and takes a stance on the teams actions, its great that Tice and Wilf have but if Daunte's the leader something needs to be done. Interested to here what you guys have to say....Let hope for a big W coming off the bye!

dmw14 is offline Training Camp

Re: Culpepper as a Leader???

I totally agree Winona. While I think he handled himself well during the last press confrence (only wanting to talk about the Bears), I do think now that the fgacts are coming out, he needs to step up and show he's the leader by either taking responsibility for his part or addressing the issue as a team leader.

vikeU2 is offline Rookie

Daunte needs his line to let him perform his magic...as for this scandal, I'm with you...step up and tell the fans what needs to be said:
    It was a selfish thing for players to do and no respectable player would condone such activity.
    "Attitude is Everything!"

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

If Culpepper was there on the boat, we have bigger problems then we think. Has there been any rumors as to his involvement?

As far as saying anything publicly, that would just add to the teams troubles. Just becasue Pep isn't saying anything regarding the scandal, that certainly doesn't mean he condones it.

Anyone one of us can pass judgement on Pepper's leadership and his sub-par performances up to this point in the season. But really folks look at his line, the knee injury, the head coach, the lack of an offensive coordinator, and the influx of new personnel and I can understand why he has faultered.

Culpepper will make our team better, once he receives a little help. He hasn't been up to snuff so far, but mark my words, he's going to have a great game come Sunday.

Cheers!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

We keep saying Culpepper is the leader and has to "step up." It's Tice that needs to be the real leader. Any "leader" that breaks the law by scalping tickets should expect this kind of thing from his players!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

mrviking28 is offline Starter

Word COJOMAY.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"mrviking28" wrote:
    Word COJOMAY.
    see, this is proper usage of the word "wurd," he just spelled it wrong thats all.

cojo. i'll give you my wurd as well!

Del Rio Guest

I believe leadership is a result of overcoming hardships. Daunte has never had this type of failure on a team level before. IMO he gets more then 4 games to react to the struggles.

It will either crush him, or make him even better. Same goes for Tice.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Daunte has a problem leading, I think it's the front office that has the problem. I think Daunte has always done a great job of on the field and off the field leadership, but to me this is a lack of discipline, not leadership. Discipline comes from the coaches, no one else.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

4 games into the season, this team has had more changes then pamela andersons tig o bities...and just becuz culpepper hasnt throw 23434 td's hes not leader quality? I think you need to look at the surrounding factors before you are quick to judge him. I have 100% faith in my boy pepp , even when hes at a low, and the second hes throwing 23432 tds and 2343 yards you'll be like OMG CULPEPPER IS THE MAN...so either dont like the guy or like him, either way, he is our leader and i have faith in him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast