Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot

There we go! Smoot promised, so if C-Pep continues to suck it up it all falls on Smoot!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah we shouldn't hold Pep to his mistakes at all :roll: because smoot promised, they don't even play on the same side of the ball. i hope your kidding Itrey :grin:

Thanks Josdin

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Smoot is great and I'm glad we have him but I am so sick of talk form the players and coaches. Prove it on Sundays boys.

[color=red]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Culpepper: 'It's tough'

"JDogg926" wrote:
    This terrible start will make for a nice fox story late in the season leading into our playoff game, they'll interview Culpepper, and he'll talk about how it was so tough, he knew things couldn't get any worse. The offense regrouped in week 3 at home against New Orleans, handing 'America's team' their first defeat. They followed it up with a tough overtime upset of Atlanta. They then went into the bye week 2-2 and came out on fire, winning 10 of their final 12 games and storming into the playoffs, as teams like Dallas, Phila, St Louis, Atlanta, and Carolina played well, but couldn't keep pace with the red hot Vikings, with the #1 seed, and the homefield advantage that goes along with it. Culpepper rebounded after starting the season w/ 0 TD's and 8 INT's in the first 2 games, by throwing 31 TD's compared to just 6 INT's through the next 14 games. Finishing the season with 31 TD's 14 INT's and another 5 TD's rushing. He would also top the 4000 yard passing mark for the second straight season.

Call me optimistic.
    Nothing wrong with being optimistic - though I suspect that the media would prefer Favre to pull off that feat instead. Madden would be all over him like a cheap suit after an escapade like that in his final season
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13847

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    yah we shouldn't hold Pep to his mistakes at all :roll: because smoot promised, they don't even play on the same side of the ball. i hope your kidding Ltrey :grin:
    Haha, definately was.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Culpepper: 'It's tough'

I think the Vikings don't run short routes nearly enough. It seems to me like every route they run is in the 20-40-yard range, which requires Culpepper to do like a 4-step drop. Why don't the Vikes ever just dump the ball off to Wiggins or a reciever running a slant ? It seems that would bring the secondary in a bit, and THEN you throw long. The Bengals and Bucs defense was given a free ride, in my opinion, because they were able to set up a deep cushion and just play those intermediate routes. Culepper also did not help by being so immobile in the pocket and not running. The only way you can challenge the defense and get them to commit at the line is to scramble a bit. Make them come up and then throw long. Culpepper is making is WAY too easy on defenses, by being so one-dimensional. Just my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123