Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Culpepper: 'It's tough'

Jdogg...hahahahahaahahahaa... that kills me...good one.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hey optimistic...you forgot to add that he will be the MVP and that the Vikes will win the Super Bowl!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Hey optimistic...you forgot to add that he will be the MVP and that the Vikes will win the Super Bowl!
    I was just talking about the fox story leading into the playoff game.

I know we are 0-2, but consider this we've lost to two 2-0 teams, and the other win that each of those teams has, is against a team that won their other game.

It's sort of like the if Johnny can beat up Billy, and Billy can beat up Tommy, than Johnny can sure as heck beat up Tommy.

Are the Bucs and Bengals that good? The Bills looked impressive in week 1, although they were playing the Texans, but the Bucs made them look like crap, the Browns defeated the Pack at Lambeau, granted the Pack doesn't look too hot right now either, after the Bengals dominated them.

Maybe the Bucs and Bengals will be in the superbowl, and we'll just be a playoff team that stood in their way early in the season. Maybe they both go 13-3, and then our losses against them don't look so bad. Maybe we win out from here. I remember one year the old Oilers started 1-4 and won their last 11 games (I believe it was the year the Bills came back on them).

I guess what I'm saying is although we haven't seen much to be excited about, and most of us are doubting are team and feeling in the dumps about the season, it's still very early on. We may be 0-2, and we may be playing like crap, but we know our team is better than this. I think the offense will finally wake up next week. Hopefully that translates to a win, but the Saints are a scary team right now. I think we'll at least score a couple TD's and the game won't be decided at the half.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

lilvikes33 is offline Training Camp

Smoot

i think smoot is one of the best pick ups. I love his attitude and i think he is someone that will help spark the team to rebound. Look at what he said about culpepper:

"Believe me, Daunte is such a competitor, you'll never see him play like that again," Smoot said. "That's a promise. I know him. He's going to regroup, and he won't let what people have to say bring him down. I'm with him 100 percent — best quarterback in the league."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/12683189.htm

you gotta love him.........

random thought......

i wouldn't mind seeing Offord starting at safety, or at least rotating in frequently....he's improoving his coverage and he is better than chavous against the run(he hits hard).

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Smoot

chavous is still better than offord in every way except how hard he hits

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Smoot's a contender. I love his attitude and the way he sees and plays the game. I know hes fired up. He told a reporter when asked how he was doing on the injury side of the ball, The only thing hurt is my pride. Lets hope this D can get it together and play as one!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever - the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.
    Vince Lombardi

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

KWILL93 is offline Training Camp

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Smoot's a contender. I love his attitude and the way he sees and plays the game. I know hes fired up. He told a reporter when asked how he was doing on the injury side of the ball, The only thing hurt is my pride. Lets hope this D can get it together and play as one!
    Lets hope the Defense and the team can get it together and soon.

and_one_ is offline Training Camp

I agree, Smoot was a great pickup. I like our whole starting secondary.

I don't think Offord should be switching in at Safety though, that position isn't a concern for us. Our only hole in the secondary is our nickleback. Brian Williams is playing terrible this year, and Ralph Brown isn't doing much better.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"lilvikes33" wrote:
    i think smoot is one of the best pick ups. I love his attitude and i think he is someone that will help spark the team to rebound. Look at what he said about culpepper:

"Believe me, Daunte is such a competitor, you'll never see him play like that again," Smoot said. "That's a promise. I know him. He's going to regroup, and he won't let what people have to say bring him down. I'm with him 100 percent — best quarterback in the league."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/12683189.htm

you gotta love him.........

random thought......

i wouldn't mind seeing Offord starting at safety, or at least rotating in frequently....he's improoving his coverage and he is better than chavous against the run(he hits hard).
    If Sharper is out for any length of time, I think that the better solution is to move Chavous to FS and Offord to SS...that way we got Chavous playing center field and Offord laying the smackdown!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast