Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Culpepper Interview about Moss...

The Media likes to twist a story to make it juicier...of that, there's no doubt. BUT...having said that, Moss has most definitely made his proverbial bed during his NFL career, and it now looks as if he's having to fulfill the obligation of laying in it.

Yes, the Media has blown some of his actions and statements out of proportion, but if he hadn't done or said those things in the first place (ie. squirting refs w/ water bottles, playing games with traffic cops, etc, etc, ad nauseum), there would be nothing to distort.

I've defended Moss to countless people who tried bashing on him after hearing the Media's version of the "truth", and I'm kinda getting tired of it myself...I can't help but think it has to be magnified for Culpepper.

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

I do have a hard time with the discussion on Moss. I think bottom line :I wish he'd behave! That's it. He has issues and he has a temper, but I think deep down he probably has some good qualities beyond receiver abilities. But he is THE BEST wide receiver out there. It'll be a challenge to play as well without him.
    When I saw Culpepper being interviewed on Moss on Tv he looked emotionally drained as "You'll say what you are going to say about it, so why encourage this subject?" I draw the line with the Media when it comes to Culpepper. He is a good guy. They have villianized him in the last week, and I respect that he didn't break the reporter's legs in half with his gigantic upper body strength!

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    The Media likes to twist a story to make it juicier...of that, there's no doubt. BUT...having said that, Moss has most definitely made his proverbial bed during his NFL career, and it now looks as if he's having to fulfill the obligation of laying in it.

Yes, the Media has blown some of his actions and statements out of proportion, but if he hadn't done or said those things in the first place (ie. squirting refs w/ water bottles, playing games with traffic cops, etc, etc, ad nauseum), there would be nothing to distort.

I've defended Moss to countless people who tried bashing on him after hearing the Media's version of the "truth", and I'm kinda getting tired of it myself...I can't help but think it has to be magnified for Culpepper.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I think its got more to do with D.C. being fed up getting asked about it all the time than it does to do with him wanting moss gone.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

mvikes84 is offline Starter

What about Culpepper saying he is "done with Moss's antics, he's not going to put up with it anymore"? Please don't blame that on the "media" too!! Who does Culpepper think he is? It's not his decision!! I think Culpepper is just jealous because Moss gets most of the attention. If Cul doesn't want to "put up with it anymore", then he should be the one to leave!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I saw the interview with DC on The Best Darn Sports Show and my take was different than anyone else on this site.

I listened and didn't hear DC say anything like I want him to stay.

He sounded upset and almost scolded Randy by saying enough is enough.

His attitude was more like Randy don't come back if you aren't going to shape up and play as a team.

He said of Randy's abilities that he is a great player and anyone would be blessed to have him on their team.

He gave Randy props but I never heard the words specifically that "I want him to stay."

If it was me and the team was thinking about trading the best WR, the one that made my career so far, I would be saying I don't want him traded at all. I would be putting my neck on the line. I didn't see that at all.

Wouldn't you lobby for him if you had the platform to do so?

That is just my opinion. I am not trying to be the glass is half empty guy but I am trying to take off my purple tinted glasses so I can see more clearly. Hopefully Moss is asking himself, "Am I really that bad that my QB won't lobby for me, I better kick myself in the ARSE and start playing every down."
    I heard DC say it in the interview before the Pro Bowl tonight that he wants Moss to stay. He said I want him to stay but it is not up to me. His attitude was different. He was straight forward and straight up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123