Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper injury: SERIOUS

"singersp" wrote:

Once the swelling subsides, the 28-year-old Culpepper will have surgery followed by several months of arduous rehabilitation. It typically takes a player with an injury of this nature a year to recover, but at least right now the Vikings are optimistic about the quarterback's status for 2006.

"Our expectations are he's going to be ready for the season," athletic trainer Chuck Barta said.
    That to me is great news that they think that he will be back to start the season or atleast it sounds like the beginning.

The way people on here were talking earlier, I could have sworn he was never going to play again.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL C-PEP DONE FOR SEASON MAYBE 07

"olson_10" wrote:
    ON TOP OF EVERYTHING..i hate ppl coming on here and saying the offense sucks and guys have been playing bad this year..before the season i saw about 2000 ppl posting about how "we only need to score 14 pts to win games now"..this is when the DEFENSE needs to step up and make up for dauntes loss..they have been absolutely pathetic this season, and they are to blame for most of our troubles..Fred Smoot is garbage, flat out..brad johnson can put up 14-21 points a game with this offense and for most teams in this league, that equals a win..its time for our defense to step up and make plays and win games for us
    Um, sorry. This isn't the 1970's. We're playing football with the Vikings we have, not the Vikings of old. 2 touchdowns ain't gonna cut it for most of the teams in this league. 3 touchdowns won't even be enough. Only 3 teams in the league have been able to hold their opponents to less than 14 points per game, and we're one of the 12 teams that hasn't been able to hold their opponents to less than 21 points per game. If your offense is only effective enough to score 14-21 points per game, your defense will probably be on the field for most of the game.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Once the swelling subsides, the 28-year-old Culpepper will have surgery followed by several months of arduous rehabilitation. It typically takes a player with an injury of this nature a year to recover, but at least right now the Vikings are optimistic about the quarterback's status for 2006.

"Our expectations are he's going to be ready for the season," athletic trainer Chuck Barta said.
    That to me is great news that they think that he will be back to start the season or atleast it sounds like the beginning.

The way people on here were talking earlier, I could have sworn he was never going to play again.
    That's why I don't listen to rumors SIA. I like to see the facts in print.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

This was in another thread thought I would post it here also.

McGahee's injury was similar.

Involving the ACL, PCL, MCL.

It took me less than a minute to find it. I haven't seen anyone else look for it so I did it. Here it is.

He has hope, if he has the will.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6329151

McGahee had to be helped off the field. He wouldn't return, and the 'Canes would lose in double overtime. The result: three ailing ligaments in his knee. His PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) needed repair, and his ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) -- the three letters that make every NFL running back cringe -- needed reconstruction.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

And McGahee was a running back, not a QB. Our own running back Terry Allen had both knees reconstructed & played for years after.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314