Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Culpepper has been playing with injured knee

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5624069.html

If you need to register to read this article, then register. It's simple & free. I don't want to catch flack from webby or others for posting an entire article.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

Re: Culpepper has been playing with injured knee

If I need to register, should I just register?

Is it free? I mean I don't want you to get in trouble for posting a whole article.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If I need to register, should I just register?

Is it free? I mean I don't want you to get in trouble for posting a whole article.
    Yes it's free. I sure hope your not being sarcastic with your reply. I wouldn't expect that from you Del. I'm just following the PPO rules!

If someone has a better way of linking an article so you don't have to register & without violating "Intellectual Prpoperty Rights" please send me an PM. If webby says it's OK to publish an entire article, then I will do so.

Shock was kind enough to answer my question so here's the article;

Vikings notes: Culpepper has been playing with injured knee
    Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    September 20, 2005 VIKE0920.NOTES

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper played Sunday's game at Cincinnati despite an injured right knee that has caused mild concern within the Vikings organization.

Although Culpepper was not among the players the team acknowledged as injured Monday -- a list including receiver Nate Burleson, free safety Darren Sharper and linebacker E.J. Henderson -- he was seen wearing a tight elastic brace around the knee Sunday. The team has not revealed the exact nature of the injury, but coach Mike Tice alluded to it during his pregame radio interview Sunday on KFAN (1130-AM).

Tice indicated the injury occurred during the season-opening loss to Tampa Bay. Culpepper was not listed on the injury report because the injury did not force him to miss any practice time, but it might have played a role in his decision to run only twice for 10 yards in the Vikings' 37-8 loss to the Bengals. Culpepper did not address the injury during an interview with reporters Monday. He suffered cartilage damage to his left knee during the first game of the 2001 season and eventually had season-ending surgery after 12 games.

Meanwhile, Burleson and Sharper underwent magnetic resonance imaging tests Monday after being injured against the Bengals. Burleson has a sprain of the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and likely will have to sit out Sunday's game against New Orleans; Sharper sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee.

"Right now, the trainers and doctors say, 'Don't put a timetable on it; let's just focus on the rehab,' " Burleson said. "Once we do that, I know when I come back I'll be 100 percent."

Sharper also hurt his left knee last season while playing for Green Bay, but that was a PCL injury similar to Burleson's. Although he missed only one game, it affected him for the remainder of the season.

Henderson suffered a high sprain of his right ankle in the second quarter Sunday. He finished the game but was wearing an immobilizing boot on his leg Monday. A brace is being made for Henderson to wear.

If he can't play Sunday, Dontarrious Thomas would start on the weak side. Thomas was fine after suffering a strain in his leg during the loss to Cincinnati. Defensive end Kenechi Udeze, who was forced out in the third quarter because of a strain in his lower right leg, said he will be ready for the Saints game.

Etc.

• Cornerback Fred Smoot said the 0-2 Vikings have called a players-only meeting as they try to snap out of their early-season funk. "We're just going to sit and talk to each other," said Smoot, who expects the meeting to take place Wednesday. Players don't have practice today.

• Running back Michael Bennett, who reiterated his frustration Monday with Tice's decision to bench him after two fumbles against the Bengals, said he will not seek out a meeting with Tice. "I can't," Bennett said. "I'm a little man in this big bowl. Whatever happens, happens."

• With Burleson's status uncertain, receiver Koren Robinson should make his Vikings debut Sunday. "I do see him having a role this week," Tice said.

• Former Vikings receiver Kelly Campbell, who was charged with possession of marijuana and theft by receiving stolen property involving a handgun last February in Atlanta, has reached a deal with the Fulton County District Attorney that will enable him to avoid a trial.

Prophet Guest

I guess that answers the question about why Culpepper isn't running much, and now with the injured finger on the tossing hand we have a gimped QB leading the way. I hope he heals quickly.

------------------------

KFFL
    Vikings | Culpepper's Knee Bothering Him
    Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:20:38 -0700

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) has been playing with an injured right knee that has caused mild concern within the Vikings organization. Culpepper was seen wearing a tight elastic brace around the knee Sunday, Sept. 18. The team has not revealed the exact nature of the injury, but head coach Mike Tice alluded to it during his pregame radio interview on KFAN radio. Tice indicated the injury occurred during the season-opening loss to Tampa Bay. Culpepper was not listed on the injury report because the injury did not force him to miss any practice time, but it might have played a role in his decision to run only twice for 10 yards during the team's Week 2 loss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Culpepper Dinged, Should Play Week 3
    Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:32:56 -0700

Anthony Maggio, of KFAN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper (finger) suffered a jammed finger on his throwing hand in Week 2, but said he would fine for Week 3.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Hmmm this season is going to be bumpy. I hope the player meeting goes well.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Del Rio Guest

Sounds like damage control to me lol.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Exactly what I thought, but people would think I was being negative.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

That's because you are negative LOL :grin:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hope they/we aren't looking for excuses as to why we have played like complete sh!t this season!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast