Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

culpepper grilling

hey guys take a look at this. culpepper being interviewed.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/464/5130737.html

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

culpepper grilling

If he is being grilled, it is for the wrong reason, one of his picks last week was tipped off Burlesons hands. I dont know we always play shitty on the road, if we dont fix that problem we wont go anywhere.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

culpepper grilling

Article:

Daunte Culpepper's spicy collection of fur coats has been heating up the chatter but the QB was in no mood to discuss them until he finished grilling the gossip columnist.

"You treat me so bad. You haven't even met me before in your life and you do me the way you do me. Where'd all that come from?" Culpepper said.

Culpepper is taking it personally when I'm simply being colorful. For a moment, he was simply silent.

"And you talk about my dance," he said after the pause.

Ahh, that's why the attitude, my takedown of his touchdown arm-roll dance. While I'm not the only media member who hates it, it's unlikely Culpepper would give Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon, the Washington Post columnists who host ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption," any such pre-interview grief.

Should I stand my ground (Wilbon would) or I roll over (Kornheiser's favorite posture) for this big charming lug who is basically a good guy?

Decisions, decisions.

I had to tell the truth. I told him I still hated the dance because it looked STUPID. I invited Culpepper to join the countless others who ignore what I write. "Well, I've got 50 people coming to me and saying, 'C.J. said...' I'm like, 'I don't even know C.J."' he shot back.

More silence.

"Nice to meetcha," I said, extending my hand.

"Daunte Culpepper. Nice to meet you."

This little drama was performed before an audience of folks from KARE-11's upcoming late Saturday night program, "The Show To Be Named Later." Culpepper was treating all of us to a first-class acting job, which was about to get more entertaining as he laid down the law for the gossip.

"Now, I'm just letting you know. I don't like all that now. You are either against us or with us. You can't be [on] the line now, Miss C.J."

Just call me C.J. "I'm going to call you Miss, 'cause I'm from the South."

The last person ALLOWED to address me as Miss C.J. was Tiny Tim. Culpepper's too young to know about the singer who tiptoed through his last tulips in Minneapolis before dying in 1996.

About those furs.... "I've got some coats. I like to wear them. My wife [Kim] hooked me up with 'em, I put 'em on. Ain't no big deal," said Culpepper.

Around Winter Park they joke that the furs are Northern Florida Red Squirrel. "That what you call them? I doubt that seriously," said Culpepper. "Just minks."

So far this season we've seen, I think, three minks plus some serious post-game interview bling bling on Culpepper. Which makes us wonder how many more furs we can look forward to seeing this season?

"Maybe one or two," he said

Great, now don't do the roll anymore.

"I'm going to always do that," he said.

Prepare to take the consequences then.

"You don't even understand it," said Culpepper, who gave me the real story, which does not resemble that ESPN fabrication featuring Mary Tyler Moore.

"The truth behind it is that there's a song my friends made called, 'Get Your Roll On' and all it's saying is have a good time. It's a celebrating thing for my teammates to get pumped up," said Culpepper. "Not meant to degrade the other team."

Never taken as a putdown, but -- and now I was joshing Culpepper -- hasn't he noticed that they play better when he doesn't roll?

"That's not true," he said. "That ain't true."

After the interview ended Culpepper headed for the indoor practice field. When he was a safe 30 feet away he called out "Miss C.J.!" and did the roll, putting his hips into it in a way I don't think we normally see at football games. It was definitely taunting but it was a cute.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

culpepper grilling

It was kind of choppy and hard follow. Not written very well. Sounds like the interviewer was trying to play with Culpepper but he didn't get it??????

BigK is offline Training Camp

culpepper grilling

first of all just ignore C.J. she's a total :bootyshake:. she always chides people to get a story. As for Daunte's arm roll I would rather see it more so than not, because he does it after TD's.What does C.J. stand for anyway Chode Jockey.

culpepper grilling

If one more person gets on Culpepper for getting his roll on i am going to slap them. I love it, I do it at home and I am proud of it. Keep the TDs and arm rollings coming!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

BigK is offline Training Camp

culpepper grilling

I agree. I also do his arm roll

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

culpepper grilling

Truly, I don't see anything negative about it. He is celebrating a good play and a TD for the Vikings.
    Countless players have their own unique celebrations. Culpeppers just seem to be drawing more attention.

Its not like he's signing footballs in the endzone with sharpie markers hidden in his socks, or answering a cell phone that was planted in the endzone goal post.

Let pep get his roll on.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

culpepper grilling

:rr: :rr: :rr:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

culpepper grilling

The arm roll is retarded and looks ridiculous. But don't worry, i doubt you'll be seeing it too much these last three games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast