Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper goes into season unsigned...

However, the title of this thread is still true today almost 5 years later.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingMike" wrote:
    However, the title of this thread is still true today almost 5 years later.
    LOL! That's why I opened it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

heh... that is kinda scary...

the thread fits just as well today as it did back then.

it's a sad statement that he kinda.. blew his own career.

sure he lost the ball a lot, had a small issue with egoism..

he did have a strong arm, and was a big boy to bring down.

good luck fumblePep... please go to the packers..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"digital420" wrote:
    heh... that is kinda scary...

the thread fits just as well today as it did back then.

it's a sad statement that he kinda.. blew his own career.

sure he lost the ball a lot, had a small issue with egoism..

he did have a strong arm, and was a big boy to bring down.

good luck fumblePep... please go to the packers..

DiGiTaL
    His career was over the day he blew his knee out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.
    I have faith in this dude, sure hope he pulls it together and lands the big contract.

--------------

VIKES WILL WAIT-AND-SEE WITH CULPEPPER
    4-7-03

A league source tells us that the Minnesota Vikings have decided to take a wait-and-see approach in their contract discussions with quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

According to the source, the team likely will wait until the middle of the 2003 season before working out a long-term deal with the 11th overall pick in the 1999 draft, since the jury is still out on the question of whether Culpepper will be a long-term force in the NFL.

Culpepper busted onto the scene in 2000 amid heavy criticism of then-coach Denny Green regarding his decision to give the keys to the team's supercharged offense to a kid who barely had a learner's permit.

Since then, however, Culpepper has regressed, showing a propensity both to make bad decisions under fire and to lose the ball while trying desperately to make good things happen.

As a result, Culpepper's 98.0 passer rating in 2000 sank to a 75.3 in 2002 -- and this trend isn't promising as he prepares for his fourth season as a starter.

Contract discussions to date have yielded some progress, but talks apparently have sputtered of late.
    The Vikes simply aren't in a position to pay Culpepper like Plummer at a time when there's no guarantee that Daunte will pull his performance out of the toilet.

The real question here is whether a strong performance by Culpepper to start the 2003 season will be enough to bring both sides together.
    Though it could make the Vikes more willing to pay 'Pepper what he wants now, his expectations could go up if he shows that he's ready to take it to the next level.

Still, from Minnesota's perspective, there's a strong incentive to get the deal done in 2003, since the Vikings have the cap room now to get the thing done.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    LOL! Prophet was a Culpepper crotch sniffer? What a difference a few years makes.

It's funny what you come across when searching for something else.
    I made it very clear when I dropped him like the bag of shit that he is.
    Character flaw.
    When he went off to the press with his infantile e-mails and the other well documented head-case items I publically declared that I no longer supported him.
    It wasn't just some random change of heart.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.
    I have faith in this dude, sure hope he pulls it together and lands the big contract.

--------------

4-7-03

A league source tells us that the Minnesota Vikings have decided to take a wait-and-see approach in their contract discussions with quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

According to the source, the team likely will wait until the middle of the 2003 season before working out a long-term deal with the 11th overall pick in the 1999 draft, since the jury is still out on the question of whether Culpepper will be a long-term force in the NFL.

Culpepper busted onto the scene in 2000 amid heavy criticism of then-coach Denny Green regarding his decision to give the keys to the team's supercharged offense to a kid who barely had a learner's permit.

Since then, however, Culpepper has regressed, showing a propensity both to make bad decisions under fire and to lose the ball while trying desperately to make good things happen.

As a result, Culpepper's 98.0 passer rating in 2000 sank to a 75.3 in 2002 -- and this trend isn't promising as he prepares for his fourth season as a starter.

Contract discussions to date have yielded some progress, but talks apparently have sputtered of late.
    The Vikes simply aren't in a position to pay Culpepper like Plummer at a time when there's no guarantee that Daunte will pull his performance out of the toilet.

The real question here is whether a strong performance by Culpepper to start the 2003 season will be enough to bring both sides together.
    Though it could make the Vikes more willing to pay 'Pepper what he wants now, his expectations could go up if he shows that he's ready to take it to the next level.

Still, from Minnesota's perspective, there's a strong incentive to get the deal done in 2003, since the Vikings have the cap room now to get the thing done.

LOL! Prophet was a Culpepper crotch sniffer? What a difference a few years makes.

Character flaw.
    When he went off to the press with his infantile e-mails and the other well documented head-case items I publically declared that I no longer supported him.
    LOL! No need to explain anything. Hell, I always thought you disliked Culpepper from the day I joined in September of 2005.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.

--------------

4-7-03

Character flaw.
    LOL! No need to explain anything. Hell, I always thought you disliked Culpepper from the day I joined in September of 2005.
    I like TJack now too, not because I think he's a hero, but, because I see potential in him (which doesn't mean shit).
    More importantly, the coaching staff that sees him every day sees potential in him.

I think the blown knee with Culpepper brought out his true character.
    When things are going well people can feign anything, when things get tough the character of a man comes out.
    TJack seems to have his head on straight, based on the interviews I've seen/read.
    Culpepper is a documented head-case.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.

--------------

4-7-03

Character flaw.
    I like TJack now too, not because I think he's a hero, but, because I see potential in him (which doesn't mean shit).
    More importantly, the coaching staff that sees him every day sees potential in him.

When things are going well people can feign anything, when things get tough the character of a man comes out.
    TJack seems to have his head on straight, based on the interviews I've seen/read. Culpepper is a documented head-case.
    Although Culpepper was more prepared as a rookie than Booty is.

:P

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=717.msg22197#msg22197 date=1058979780]
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.

--------------

4-7-03

Character flaw.

TJack seems to have his head on straight, based on the interviews I've seen/read. Culpepper is a documented head-case.

[/quote]

lol, I heard Culpepper and Tice are a couple now.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=717.msg779148#msg779148 date=1210813288]
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=717.msg22197#msg22197 date=1058979780]
    I'm a big Culpepper fan.

--------------

4-7-03

Character flaw.

[/quote]

lol, I heard Culpepper and Tice are a couple now.

[/quote]

It's almost scary how much JDB looks like Tice.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast