Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Culpepper is the future

Culpepper is the future...of the Sacramento Mountain Lions.

The good news and bad news of Daunte Culpepper's UFL landing
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    Culpepper is the future...of the Sacramento Mountain Lions.

The good news and bad news of Daunte Culpepper's UFL landing
    ...Not being able to land a job anywhere in the NFL, even as a third-stringer, has got to be difficult to accept for Culpepper, who most recently played quarterback for the Detroit Lions. We're talking about a two-time All-Pro, a three-time Pro Bowler and a guy who once graced the cover of Madden...
    ...Signing with Sacramento will reunite Culpepper with Dennis Green, the Mountain Lions' coach and general manager. The two men worked together in Minnesota and enjoyed some of their greatest professional successes together...
    Ok, I find this funny. Two guys that self destructed with overinflated egos are sucking it up for a last gasp effort in the UFL. Good to see they didn't give up. The Sacramento Head-Cases are on the prowl.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Culpepper had his baggage, but I have no problem with the guy. None of his issues seemed to be the kind that hurt other people. There are plenty of those guys around the NFL. Daunte seemed like he had some personality flaws, just like everyone else does.

On the field, he always played hard for the Vikes and was a good QB for them. He was definitely fun to watch.

The UFL might not be the NFL, but it will be a chance to play football. Nothing wrong with that, especially for a guy that probably doesn't need the check to pay the bills.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Overlord wrote:
    Culpepper had his baggage, but I have no problem with the guy. None of his issues seemed to be the kind that hurt other people. There are plenty of those guys around the NFL. Daunte seemed like he had some personality flaws, just like everyone else does.

On the field, he always played hard for the Vikes and was a good QB for them. He was definitely fun to watch.

The UFL might not be the NFL, but it will be a chance to play football. Nothing wrong with that, especially for a guy that probably doesn't need the check to pay the bills.
    Yes, at least they didn't give up. Culpepper appears to be a rather harmless chap, but, that doesn't take away the fact that his lunacy has forced him into the UFL. There's no way he's worse than every backup and third stringer in the league. Many teams shy away from players that have aggrandized views of themselves when looking for a field general. That is the reason he is floundering in the NFL world, not his skill set.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Yes, at least they didn't give up. Culpepper appears to be a rather harmless chap, but, that doesn't take away the fact that his lunacy has forced him into the UFL. There's no way he's worse than every backup and third stringer in the league. Many teams shy away from players that have aggrandized views of themselves when looking for a field general. That is the reason he is floundering in the NFL world, not his skill set.
    Probably just trying to get a little something for his agent that has served him so well.

tastywaves wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Probably just trying to get a little something for his agent that has served him so well.
    lol, yes, maybe it's a good idea to get an agent with a bit more of a contrasting personality.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

whackthepack wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    You know its the offseason when...

HAHA at CulpepperIsTheBest. I bet we will never ever see that username post again. I wonder if they recreated themselves under another name...

My guess would be

CulpepperIsTheBest

CCtheBest

I have no idea, but you never know.
    CC stood for Cris Carter if I'm not mistaken...

Caine

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Caine wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

HAHA at CulpepperIsTheBest. I bet we will never ever see that username post again. I wonder if they recreated themselves under another name...

My guess would be

CulpepperIsTheBest

CCtheBest

Caine
    Going by some of the posts, I thought it was Canadian Club!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

My guess would be

CulpepperIsTheBest

CCtheBest

Caine
    Going by some of the posts, I thought it was Canadian Club!
    crown royal ftw.

but if you're going for cheap stuff, special old > CC

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper is the future

Lets start him :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast