Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper/ Definition of a FAN

My definition:
    -one who supports his team.

I think everyone who is saying Culpepper is a bad QB is flinging poo. A QB has two bad games in a row and he has always sucked? Just shut up. The problem is he is trying to do too much. Once he settles down we will be fine. His true talent is showing now? SHUT UP! Such pessism is ruining this board right now. Yes I blame both losses squarely on Culpepper, but suggesting he will always be a horrible QB from now on is just bullshit. I don't understand it at all and I'm sick and tired of it. How can you see a man have a pro bowl year, yet say he sucks based on two games? How can you call yourself a fan and yet be so quick to jump off the back of your team's LEADER?

We should be talking about what Culpepper neeeds to do to get back on track, not about this bullshit.

I'll start it.
    Culpepper needs to use his legs more. That simple and it's a good place to start. Make one of those LBs spy you after a few runs. Helps the passing game because running is always an option. Helps the running game when it comes to playaction passes. SKOL Culpepper!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

mfenlon is offline Rookie

Re: Culpepper/ Definition of a FAN

He will come around. You will see.....
    Mondays topics will be how great he did on Sunday..
    #1 in The North

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm behind him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Good Post V-unit, I think Daunte will have to use his legs more and not force things. Punting on fourth down isn't as bad as a turnover and a short field for the defense. Negative thinking only promotes more negative's so lets back all our Vikings from the coaches on down. We shall emerge from this turbulance a stronger and battle tested team. This season is far from over and we will grow and start playing to our potential.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, all the negative nancies drive me nuts, because it takes no backbone or guts to be a whiny complainer in the face of adversity. It takes no thought to bitch and moan. It takes character and strength to stand in the face of adversity and still push on for victory.

So yes, you whiners, you are fans, noone disputes that. I do, however, say you are taking the easy way out when you crap and moan about obvious silly things. (culpepper is worthless, conspiracy theories, yada yada) Its one thing to be pissed after the game, but making stupid remarks all week long makes me think you are not the kind of fan I want on my side if I were a team.

Be real. Being real doesn't mean running around with your head cut off. Unless, of course, you are.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that the negative feelings are unwarranted. To me it's about keeping the balance between zealoutry and objectivity. We don't want to be so hopeful all the time that every player @ every position is the best in the league, so when one starts to suck it up we try to look at it objectively and we end up being negative, IMO. C-Pep has not played well at all, but that doesn't negate what he did in the past, nor does it say he won't do what he used to again.

Prophet Guest

It is possible to not always be positive and offer suggestions as to what the solutions of the problems may be. It is equally annoying to have people that are always optimisitic and not backing up their optimisim with any meat as to why they are optimistic (e.g., Tice).

I never saw much ink regarding Culpepper's knee other than it was hurt sometime during the TB game. I hope that it's healing well, that is probably a major reason he has been hesitant regarding running the ball. There is no doubt that Culpepper will be back in the mix. He almost has as many turnovers after two games as he had last year, oh well. Once the O-line steps up and the WRs start making plays and the running game is present, even a little, things will look up for the O. I sure hope they have an original game plan worked out this week.

vikesls is offline Rookie

Yea!! V-unit is right. There are lots of quarterbacks that have had a couple bad games and came back. Some of this is getting used to the new O-line. After getting chased out of the pocket so much in week 1, I'm sure he didn't know what to expect in week 2. I definitely am on board with him running some. In fact a bunch. Keep the defensive rush at bay by running himself.

Pep is a tough veteran, He'll get it done this Sunday.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm not sure that many people here understand the difference between desiring victory blindly and desiring it critically.

Hence, this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    It is possible to not always be positive and offer suggestions as to what the solutions of the problems may be. It is equally annoying to have people that are always optimisitic and not backing up their optimisim with any meat as to why they are optimistic (e.g., Tice).

I never saw much ink regarding Culpepper's knee other than it was hurt sometime during the TB game. I hope that it's healing well, that is probably a major reason he has been hesitant regarding running the ball. There is no doubt that Culpepper will be back in the mix. He almost has as many turnovers after two games as he had last year, oh well. Once the O-line steps up and the WRs start making plays and the running game is present, even a little, things will look up for the O. I sure hope they have an original game plan worked out this week.
    As long as people do that, Prophet, its good and well. But these inane fruits that bandy about conspiracy theories and other obvious tripe tee me off. My point is exactly as yours stated differently; stand up, think, make posts. Its much more difficult to stand up and say I am pissed, here's what I see and my hopes for fixing it than to whine unsubstantiated BS.

SKOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast