PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Culpepper continues to assult the record books...

I'm not sure that I have this 100% correct....but roughly it goes as follows....

With between 290-300 yards on Sunday, Daunte will pass Dan Marino as the most yards by a quarterback in one season. It's not just passing, but rushing too. I know, Dan ran for about 6 yards in 1984.... :tongue:

But it is what it is.

He has destroyed three team single season records (passign yards, touchdowns, and passer rating) and just continues to have an outstanding season. Too bad the rest of the team isn't playing to his level.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Most Yards Gained, Season
    5,084 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984
    4,830 Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 2001
    4,802 Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1981

Dan Marino
    Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD
    1984 mia | 16 | 362 564 64.2 5084 9.0 48 17 | 28 -7 0

Daunte has 4,418 yds. passing and 382 rushing. That gives him 4,800 yds. total. Marino had 28 attempts for -7 in 1984. So, he had 5,077 total yds. DC needs 278 to break that.

Sammie85 is offline Waterboy

I agree with Purple Reign that Culp is having an awesome year...on paper.
    When you look at the numbers, especially TD's, it is hard to believe we are 8-7. I guess that's shows how bad our defense really is.

But, ...there is just something so apprehensive about Daunte...usually in the 2nd half of ball games. It just kills me every week. I think he is so worried about throwing an interception that he doesn't get into a flow. I live in Rockford, IL (half puker fans and half bear fans) but I do get to see the Purple play a good bit. I just hate the view of watching a game on TV. You never get to see what the QB sees...or doesn't see. For you lucky enough to actually see the games in person, am I right about #11 or are our receivers (the freak) running dog pass patterns?( like the boys on FOX seemed to enjoy pointing out so much on Christmas Eve.)

Also is it me, or does it seem that everybody in mainstream media as well as officials HATE the Purple?The holding call ( WHICH CAN BE CALLED ON ANY PLAY IN THE NFL, INCLUDING EVERY ONE OF FAV- RAY's BULL S@$%3rd DOWN CONVERSIONS) after MB ran for 15 yards for an 1st down with less than 2 minutes to go, cost us the division.

It was refreshing to finally hear Madden say that he disagreed with what the freakin' Eagles did last night. I hope it comes back to bite them. (how 'bout with a Viking rout of a confused Eagle team that will not have played together for almost a month and no TO to bail them out.)

I say....let'er rip Culp, let's not go down tryin' NOT to lose But GO ALL OUT TO WIN. Screw your QB rating and play like you're in your backyard again.

Puker's still suck and will be out of the playoffs before the VIKES!

Cool stuff, I'd like to see him make it. Daunte is becoming quite the QB, too bad no one ever hears about him.
    GO PACKERS!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

welcome Sammie. I totally agree with you on how C-Pepp plays the 2nd half. I do not know what.

Sammie85 is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the reply, UltraViking. I was beginning to worry I was a thread killer in only my second post.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Sammie welcome! I would love to see Daunte break the record, but it will be tough against the Washington D. I am just hoping for a win, I don't care too much about the record unless we get the W!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!