Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Pigskin Bigs Guest

Culpepper best Vikes QB ever?

I saw the stats on ESPN showing how Culpepper's numbers in his first 6 years blows away Fran Tarkenton's numbers. It was pretty amazing. I don't think there is any question that Pep is our best QB ever. He has the running ability and the big arm to go along with those numbers. His fumbling always bothered me and so did some of his decision making, but that stuff seems to be things of the past. We have a great QB and he is improving each year. If he keeps the fumbling down, his numbers may be the best in the NFL the next few years. Manning and Culpepper will be the highest rated QB's for years to come.

purplegang is offline Starter

Re: Culpepper best Vikes QB ever?

as of right now , i think fran is the man when it comes to being the best viking qb, but with that said culpepper has the ability to take that away , he needs a little more time ,and age on him,

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Since 2000, Daunte has led the Vikings to one NFC Championship with 3 years of having, arguably, one of the top 3 WR tandems in NFL history (Moss and Carter), and 5 years with Moss.

Fran led the Vikings to multiple SuperBowls with adequate to above-average receivers.

Let Pep at least lead us to ONE Championship before we start trying to call him better than Sir Francis.

Prophet Guest

I'm a big Culpepper fan, but would not put him above Tarkenton yet. He will probably surpass him (I hope) by winning the big dance soon.

Either way, I'm too much of a Vikes fan to put the legends in some sort of hierarchical rating scheme. I definitely would put Culpepper right up there with Tarkenton as far as my favorite players from the Vikes franchise historic list.

biggame is offline Waterboy

I don't care about numbers, Tommy Kramer is the best ever!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    "Back in 82, if coach would have put me in, we would have taken state..... No doubt.... No doubt in my mind."

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

No way! Culpepper is very good and the verdict in the end has yet to be determined.But when Fran came into the leauge,Minn was a true expansion team.Hardly any talent and a baker on the offensive line.Not to mention the rule changes now are so much in favor of the passing game (db,s not allowed to give recievers dirty looks) that the statistics are wacky.I mean look at the hall of fame rankings and just about anybody playing today who is worth anything is better than Fran,Johnny U,Staghback,or anyone.Cannot go by the stats..
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Why to early to put Culp., before Fran yet.....

Let's face it, Fran was the man on many a stats that QB's work for...Then Marino passed by him on many if not most.

But Fran is still #2 on many of those today, When Culp,. leads us into a Super Bowl, then I will start talking about this subject somemore...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Fran Tarkenton is by far the best vikings qb ever

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Since 2000, Daunte has led the Vikings to one NFC Championship with 3 years of having, arguably, one of the top 3 WR tandems in NFL history (Moss and Carter), and 5 years with Moss.

Fran led the Vikings to multiple SuperBowls with adequate to above-average receivers.

Let Pep at least lead us to ONE Championship before we start trying to call him better than Sir Francis.
    True that...Fran was this little runt who NOBODY except the Vikings thought would make it in the NFL...he ended up redefining the position in many respects...Fran is still THE MAN!!!

One day, the same will be said about Pep...he will redefine the position as well...and add some Super Bowl titles to the Viking organization as well...only then will he be considered better than Fran!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Fran hands down.

As far as stats, the game is a lot different now compared to then.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast