Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culpepper

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Culpepper

Daunte is on pace to set reccords in passing yardage and touchdowns - 5,260 and 52 respectively.

I think thats kinda scary, Especially because I think the Vikings can do so much better, especially with Bennett back, and if our defense lives up to its potential. Anyone else think Culpepper has a real shot to get to those numbers?
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper

Probably not, only because teams will start to key on the passing game more, plus the fact that as the Vikings improve both defensively and with their playcalling and game management, they will have to rely on the pass less as the season wears on. Of course, if this happens, we won't care about records, except the one that says that the Vikings are the Super Bowl champs!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Culpepper

Yeah I would have to say no. The only time anyone has ever gotten over 40 TDs I think was Warner with the Rams. I think Culp will get 40 or so, but not 52. He is doing awesome though and I think he will continue! I agree cajun, I want that superbowl more than any stat and we might have a shot..

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Culpepper

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Yeah I would have to say no. The only time anyone has ever gotten over 40 TDs I think was Warner with the Rams. I think Culp will get 40 or so, but not 52. He is doing awesome though and I think he will continue! I agree cajun, I want that superbowl more than any stat and we might have a shot..
    No, Marino has the record at 48 TDs...52 is possible, but I don't think that Pep cares about that, he wants the ring more...why be in Marino's class (he was great, but no ring).

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Culpepper

I think the Ravens with Trent Dilfer proved you can have a GREAT defense, and quarterback whose job is to NOT make mistakes, and still win the Super Bowl. Imagine what we could do with a GREAT DEFENSE!?

SKOL!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Culpepper

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I think the Ravens with Trent Dilfer proved you can have a GREAT defense, and quarterback whose job is to NOT make mistakes, and still win the Super Bowl. Imagine what we could do with a GREAT DEFENSE!?

SKOL!
    So did Brady, who is not even blessed with Dilfer's strong arm, but does what it takes not to lose the game...and he won two Super Bowls...much to my dismay!

pep2moss is offline Rookie

Culpepper

i think pep and moss could both break the TD record and im thinking daunte might get the yards record also, what a season this could be

Culpepper

"pep2moss" wrote:
    i think pep and moss could both break the TD record and im thinking daunte might get the yards record also, what a season this could be
    I hope that you are right...of course, a Super Bowl win along with the records would be the icing on the cake...and I do love icing!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Culpepper

Totally off topic (and Packer-related, sorry), but did you know that Favre doesn't own the Packer record for most yards in a season?

Most Yards Passing, Season
    4,458, Lynn Dickey, 1983 (484 attempts)
    4,413, Brett Favre, 1995 (570 attempts)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Culpepper

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Totally off topic (and Packer-related, sorry), but did you know that Favre doesn't own the Packer record for most yards in a season?

Most Yards Passing, Season
    4,458, Lynn Dickey, 1983 (484 attempts)
    4,413, Brett Favre, 1995 (570 attempts)
    Thanks for that Los... #%@&*$! Brett Favre #%@&*$! Packers. :angryfire:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast