Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Culpepper...

Re: Culpepper...

We are talking about "Brittle Brad" always broken down on the sideline.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"VIKE$4LIFE" wrote:
    i have to agree with bono except for the favre remark. We have Brad Johnosn who just 3 years ago led tampa bay to a championship, i think thats a preety good backup if pep needs a spell.

I agree, but I wouldn't object to some competition for Shawn Hill. In preseason games he doesn't look very good. Maybe a 6 or 7th rounder, or undrafted free agent.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Brad Johnson is the only reason we went 15-1 in '98....and he was injured the whole season. In fact, his injury MADE US GOOD.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

There is no way he would be in there yet. I dont konw if this topic is some kind of joke trying to get us to say thomething negative about cully. There is no way any QB (exept the EXTREME situation with Brady) could get into the HoF with only 5 years under his belt. Cully is just entering his mid-career when players either shine or decline, and so far he has really been shining. As everyone else has mostly said, give him five more years and he will be a shoe-in.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I am a huge daunte fan but guys please, dont even try to compare bret farve to daunte culpeper. Don't get me wrong, I hate bret but he is a legend. Its not all about the numbers. He is a winner and pep hasn't played long enough.

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Brad Johnson will be fine as a back up with the protection our O line can provide. He hasn't had an O line since the superbowl. He'll be fine

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Anahiem_Vikings" wrote:
    It takes a while to train a QB and I don't like the depth behind Daunte. We should draft his eventual replacement.
    You bumped your head...didn't you? :banghead:

It doesn't take 10 years to train a QB which, much to your dismay, is just about how long Culpepper will be our QB. Let's worry about drafting players that could start in the next year or two...ok.

We all can see that you worship Farve but, to take a quote from one of your other posts: "Even if Daunte is #4 you just can't do much better and you have to support him as our guy." You said it, so how about showing a little support.

SKOL Culpepper!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninGB" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    No, he needs more years and more of them like this year, or a Superbowl Ring.

McNabb wouldn't make it either!

Manning wouldn't make it either, even with the TD record in one season.

Hate to say it but Brady, little Cindy Brady would make it, only because of the Rings.

I think Manning would. He's played long enough and has enough numbers to where the argument could be made for him
    I never realized this until I looked, but Manning has started every game, every season he has been in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12531

Steve Young, a candidate, is borderline getting in on his first ballot. I have heard that argument from the guys on ESPN. Look at his numbers but remember, he has Rings.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/YounSt00.htm

I will take that back about Manning, he would get in, maybe not on the first try but he would get in.

Pocket Passer, never runs, never gets hurt = impressive numbers. He will play forever too.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninGB" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    As I sit at my desk at work, I ponder the question: if Culpepper were to call it quits right now, would he have a good chance of entering the Hall of Fame?
    It's clear that my boy, Favre, is already in, even though he's got about 10 more years in those cheesy tights. I'm just not SURE if the Hall of Fame would -in this case- open its doors to white tights. :bootyshake:
    Holla

No, he wouldn't get in right now. He needs a few more good years to even be considered. It's a good thing that he will play the Packers at least twice a year for the rest of his career. That should bolster the stats a little.

No his stats will be bolstered big time playing the pack. You see, all you gotta do is look at my sig and that tells you everything that hes done recently against them. :twisted:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Steve Young, a candidate, is borderline getting in on his first ballot. I have heard that argument from the guys on ESPN. Look at his numbers but remember, he has Rings.
    Really, he has only 1 ring as a starter. But, he led the league in passing 6 out of 7 years, and is in the top 5 in passer rating. I liked Steve a lot, and in mind mind was one of the best ever. I am glad to see him in as a first ballot.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast