Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Culpepper...

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Culpepper...

lol, after the year Daunte Culpepper just had I find it incredibly hard to believe this is even a debate. We got into some pretty heated ones "back in the day".

I haven't read the entire thread, and I'm not going to argue whether Favre or Culpepper is better (I think it's obvious Daunte is better, tho). However, I think Daunte Culpepper is pretty much considered the 2nd best quarterback in the league next to Manning.

It is very, very, very obvious you don't get to see many vikings games because if you did there is no way you could even consider saying that Daunte isn't in the top-5 ranked quarterbacks in the NFL today.

Look at our team last year. I mean we were friggin' horrible. Our WRs weren't very goo once Moss got injured. Our offensive sucked it up. We couldn't run teh football, Scott Linehan was/is a moron who couldn't call plays out of a paper bag, Our defense was god-aweful, and lets face it, our Head Coach isn't the smartest guy in the world either. But look at the Year Daunte had! Lead the NFL in yardage. Accouted for 41 TDs, second most in the NFL. He was breaking reccords both NFL and Team left and right. And all this with no O-line, no running game, no defense, and no coaching.

So lets recap, again, with a average receiving corps, a bad offensive line, no running game, and an incompetent coaching staff Daunte Culpepper would have been the MVP if not for Manning breaking Marino's reccord. By the way, Manning had 3 really good WRs, the top runnning back in the NFL, a great Oline, and a good coaching staff.

Win or stats? Lets talk about that. Football is the ultimate team sport. You can't blame a single player for a win or a loss and to think you can is ludacris. When you are evaluting a single player, you cannot base your opinion on how many wins his TEAM has. Daunte doesn't play defense, call the plays, and he did his best at playing running back too last season.

Anyways, I saw this and wasn't going to say anything but the sheer stupidity of someone actually thinking Daunte Culpepper isn't a top-5 NFL quarterback NOW irritated me enough to respond.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Anahiem_Vikings" wrote:
    DON'T EVER
    CALL ME A
    PACKER FAN!!!!
    MORE THAN THREATS WOULD ENSUE.
    Change that garbage you have for you favorite player!
    How old are you anyways? 12? Hash it out in the forums, not this lamea$$ crap in your profile! :roll:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    lol, after the year Daunte Culpepper just had I find it incredibly hard to believe this is even a debate. We got into some pretty heated ones "back in the day".

I haven't read the entire thread, and I'm not going to argue whether Favre or Culpepper is better (I think it's obvious Daunte is better, tho). However, I think Daunte Culpepper is pretty much considered the 2nd best quarterback in the league next to Manning.

It is very, very, very obvious you don't get to see many vikings games because if you did there is no way you could even consider saying that Daunte isn't in the top-5 ranked quarterbacks in the NFL today.

Look at our team last year. I mean we were friggin' horrible. Our WRs weren't very goo once Moss got injured. Our offensive sucked it up. We couldn't run teh football, Scott Linehan was/is a moron who couldn't call plays out of a paper bag, Our defense was god-aweful, and lets face it, our Head Coach isn't the smartest guy in the world either. But look at the Year Daunte had! Lead the NFL in yardage. Accouted for 41 TDs, second most in the NFL. He was breaking reccords both NFL and Team left and right. And all this with no O-line, no running game, no defense, and no coaching.

So lets recap, again, with a average receiving corps, a bad offensive line, no running game, and an incompetent coaching staff Daunte Culpepper would have been the MVP if not for Manning breaking Marino's reccord. By the way, Manning had 3 really good WRs, the top runnning back in the NFL, a great Oline, and a good coaching staff.

Win or stats? Lets talk about that. Football is the ultimate team sport. You can't blame a single player for a win or a loss and to think you can is ludacris. When you are evaluting a single player, you cannot base your opinion on how many wins his TEAM has. Daunte doesn't play defense, call the plays, and he did his best at playing running back too last season.

Anyways, I saw this and wasn't going to say anything but the sheer stupidity of someone actually thinking Daunte Culpepper isn't a top-5 NFL quarterback NOW irritated me enough to respond.
    I don't like to respond with a short sentence, but, WELL SAID!

Guruzen is offline Starter

Btw, you know why Favre has so much exposure, even though he's way past his prime? Cos Madden has his head all the way up Favre's a$$!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Anahiem_Vikings" wrote:
    DON'T EVER
    CALL ME A
    PACKER FAN!!!!
    MORE THAN THREATS WOULD ENSUE.
    Change that garbage you have for you favorite player!
    How old are you anyways? 12? Hash it out in the forums, not this lamea$$ crap in your profile! :roll:
    NO SH*T!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

I just thought that we were two Vikings fans having a good debate, all in fun. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.

"VikemanX84" wrote:

Look at our team last year. I mean we were friggin' horrible. Our WRs weren't very goo once Moss got injured. Our offensive sucked it up. We couldn't run teh football, Scott Linehan was/is a silly guy who couldn't call plays out of a paper bag, Our defense was god-aweful, and lets face it, our Head Coach isn't the smartest guy in the world either. But look at the Year Daunte had! Lead the NFL in yardage. Accouted for 41 TDs, second most in the NFL. He was breaking reccords both NFL and Team left and right. And all this with no O-line, no running game, no defense, and no coaching.

Well said.. I agree totally that this is a team sport and team wins has nothing to do with a QB's merit. In no way do I judge an individual by team wins.

I may have been misunderstood in my previous post when I meant that a neither stats or wins should determine a great QB. It's their clutch performance that separates the good QB's from the greats.

You can't deny that on a game winning drive, or 2 minute drill with time running out, that the QB is the most integral factor on the field. Sure, if you have a line that can't block or a receiver that can't run he has no chance of winning. However, the Vikings offense has been good enough in recent years to allow Daunte to finish off late drives in clutch situations. I don't think he's done enough in these situations, despite putting up all-pro stats throughout the game.

Back to the original topic of this thread... this is why Daunte is not a HOF right now despite his huge numbers. However, he will have a big year this year so with a better defense, I'm sure he'll get many more chances to show his stuff!

Frankie26 is offline Waterboy

Daunte is a good quarterback, but honestly the guy isn't superman. Manning is by far the top QB in the NFL, Favre is old but he has a reputation for a reason, I hate they guy but a couple years back he seemed to be untouchable. If you want to talk about quarterbacks getting more hype because they are on a better team, the Vikes were 4th in the NFL in total offense last year, we were not "horrible." When Moss was gone, obviously the team started to show something that let us know we would be fine without him. How about some quarterback who actually are on a bad team and don't get the respect they deserve, first name i think of is David Carr. Daunte is a helluva QB, I think he is respected just fine around the league

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

The one thing I really like about Manning is he rarely runs the plays that the coaches call. He almost always calls an audible, usually for a positive gain. When the play fails, he takes full responsibility.

He is the modern version of the old "field general" QB.

He's good...real good...the only thing that keeps him from being great is, he's not a Viking. :wink:

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    He's good...real good...the only thing that keeps him from being great is, he's not a Viking. :wink:
    LOL good one! :lol:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910