Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: The crow eating thread 2007 edition

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Well... The Vikes won three straight. I couldn't be happier that I was wrong.

This particular crow tastes quite good.
    When did you get rid of the Douche sig?
    Last week. I'm not fully on the Chilly bandwagon yet (although i may have a foot in it)... but I like his play calling a lot more. Punt fake? HB pass? Awesome stuff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I was wondering that too haha

Probably when Chilldress started actually making some solid decisions

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    A third consecutive victory, a second consecutive "complete" game....but I'm not ready to eat anything quite yet.

After 1 3/4 years I am finally starting to see improvement.
    The Vikes are finally playing to their strengths, and allowing those strengths to raise their level of production in other areas.

It's about time.

I'll eat crow after we make the play-offs, smash our way to whatever level we need to to face the Packers, and eliminate them.
    If Childress can accomplish that, I'll join uffda in getting a new sig...only mine will feature Childress and Jackson and the slogan, "I was wrong!!
    And I'm Lovin' it!!"

Caine
    I thought the criteria for them to show improvement this year.
    I didn't realize the ante was that big my friend.

;D
    Mar,

I suffered through so much horrible football in the past couple years, as well as 4 horrible games in a row versus the Puckers (capped by the last blanking), that I feel Chiller owes me.
    Do you know how much caca-del-toro I had to eat at work after we got blanked (I live in Southern Wisconsin...surrounded by Packtards)?
    So, yeah, I upped the ante.

But if we get it, I'll take it
    ;D

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    A third consecutive victory, a second consecutive "complete" game....but I'm not ready to eat anything quite yet.

The Vikes are finally playing to their strengths, and allowing those strengths to raise their level of production in other areas.

It's about time.

I'll eat crow after we make the play-offs, smash our way to whatever level we need to to face the Packers, and eliminate them.
    If Childress can accomplish that, I'll join uffda in getting a new sig...only mine will feature Childress and Jackson and the slogan, "I was wrong!!
    And I'm Lovin' it!!"

Caine
    I thought the criteria for them to show improvement this year.
    I didn't realize the ante was that big my friend.

;D
    Mar,

I suffered through so much horrible football in the past couple years, as well as 4 horrible games in a row versus the Puckers (capped by the last blanking), that I feel Chiller owes me.
    Do you know how much caca-del-toro I had to eat at work after we got blanked (I live in Southern Wisconsin...surrounded by Packtards)?
    So, yeah, I upped the ante.

But if we get it, I'll take it

;D

Caine
    I hear ya my friend.
    Try defending him.
    ;D

As I stated before, when and if he gets fired I will tell you a few things I think/feel about our HC.
    Until then, as with all things Vikes, I will defend them as I have my whole life.
    I have way to much invested in this team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:

It's about time.

I'll eat crow after we make the play-offs, smash our way to whatever level we need to to face the Packers, and eliminate them. If Childress can accomplish that, I'll join uffda in getting a new sig...only mine will feature Childress and Jackson and the slogan, "I was wrong!!
    And I'm Lovin' it!!"

Caine
    I like that! Well said.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

I would eat some crow... but i've been pointlessly, blindlessly, optimistic the whole season, defending players and coaches for no point what so ever.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I've pulled the fire Childress pic off my sig as Childress seems to made some major adjustments to everything and the team is looking like the team that they should have been earlier this year.

On a side note the Packer kick in the nuts that took place 4 weeks ago seemed to be the wake up call this team needed (Childress, staff and players),
    if the Vikes would have lost a close one to the Pack, say 3-7 points I'm not sure there would be the last 3 wins, and the last 2 big ones. I hope Childress goal is to see the Packers in the post season and get some payback. Then I'll eat crow for a month.

For now I'll have a wing and wait

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Last week. I'm not fully on the Chilly bandwagon yet (although i may have a foot in it)... but I like his play calling a lot more. Punt fake? HB pass? Awesome stuff.
    Please stick it on the end of my profile if you don't mind.
    I might have use of it latter and not against you or anyone on the page by the way.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I will not eat crow.
    I'm sorry but some of the descisions the coaching staff made early in the season are why we are 6-6 today. We have one 1 game we shouldn't have in our 3 game swing. 1. Oakland? Lions?
    Have we fallen so low that we celebrate a win over the LIONS in DEC???????

Please don't misundertand me. I am absolutly geeked over the leaps and bounds the team has grown over he past 3 weeks. However, shouldn't we have been playing like this all year long?
    Shouldn't we have been blitzing all year long. Should TJ have been playing like an average Qb all year long. Look at
    Trent Edwards. Rookie - he's looking like an average QB

I think that Childress as matured as a coach. Perharps we forget that coaching is something you must learn to do. My biggest concern is i have still not seen him mangae time at the end of a game correctly. Good luck to the Vikings but please don' tell me he's done everything right especially since we are 6 and 6

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I will not eat crow.
    I'm sorry but some of the descisions the coaching staff made early in the season are why we are 6-6 today. We have one 1 game we shouldn't have in our 3 game swing. 1. Oakland? Lions?
    Have we fallen so low that we celebrate a win over the LIONS in DEC???????
    Please don't misundertand me. I am absolutly geeked over the leaps and bounds the team has grown over he past 3 weeks. However, shouldn't we have been playing like this all year long?
    Shouldn't we have been blitzing all year long. Should TJ have been playing like an average Qb all year long. Look at
    Trent Edwards. Rookie - he's looking like an average QB

I think that Childress as matured as a coach. Perharps we forget that coaching is something you must learn to do. My biggest concern is i have still not seen him mangae time at the end of a game correctly. Good luck to the Vikings but please don' tell me he's done everything right especially since we are 6 and 6
    #1, the Lions started the season very strong

#2, we're not mainly celebrating that we beat the Lions.
    We're celebrating that we DESTROYED the lions.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast