Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The crow eating thread 2007 edition

Since about game 4 of last year until the GB debacle I have been critical of the entire coaching staff for:

-Not using formations that play to the strength of the talent on both offense and defense
    -Not having the team prepared mentally to compete.
    -Not coaching the players they have to properly play in their position.

Since about the 5th game this year I did see times when they were starting to use formations that were better suited to the players and I noted it, but they still were not performing at a high level and my thought was/is that the problems were not that they didn't have the talent, but that they were not using the talent properly.As recently as the GB game I still did not believe that we had the coaching talent to take this team to the next level. And I am not just talking Childress, but every coach on the staff.

After 3 consecutive wins and the best performance I have seen from the team in as long as I can remember(1998 never had the balance of offense,defense and ST) I am prepared to have myself a big dish of crow to celebrate the occasion.And the best part of this is that I will feel better being wrong and having the team win than I would if I were right and the team lost 12 games this year. If this is not an illusion we are certainly good enough to win a playoff game.

So if anyone wants to make me a sig of Chilly in a chefs hat and apron serving me a dish of crow, I will keep it until either we revert to the old Vikings or the season ends. ( Hopefully January)

Any takers? ;D

There. I manned up and will take anything that comes my way.

Any other takers? I know there are more than just me that doubted the staff so if anyone else is prepared to own up, this is the place.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/EatCrow.gif[/img]

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: The crow eating thread 2007 edition

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Since about game 4 of last year until the GB debacle I have been critical of the entire coaching staff for:

-Not using formations that play to the strength of the talent on both offense and defense
    -Not having the team prepared mentally to compete.
    -Not coaching the players they have to properly play in their position.

Since about the 5th game this year I did see times when they were starting to use formations that were better suited to the players and I noted it, but they still were not performing at a high level and my thought was/is that the problems were not that they didn't have the talent, but that they were not using the talent properly.As recently as the GB game I still did not believe that we had the coaching talent to take this team to the next level. And I am not just talking Childress, but every coach on the staff.

After 3 consecutive wins and the best performance I have seen from the team in as long as I can remember(1998 never had the balance of offense,defense and ST) I am prepared to have myself a big dish of crow to celebrate the occasion.And the best part of this is that I will feel better being wrong and having the team win than I would if I were right and the team lost 12 games this year. If this is not an illusion we are certainly good enough to win a playoff game.

So if anyone wants to make me a sig of Chilly in a chefs hat and apron serving me a dish of crow, I will keep it until either we revert to the old Vikings or the season ends. ( Hopefully January)

Any takers? ;D

There. I manned up and will take anything that comes my way.

Any other takers? I know there are more than just me that doubted the staff so if anyone else is prepared to own up, this is the place.
    See I wouldn't eat crow on that, Childress started being more aggresive and being more diverse in his play calling.
    That's called adapting, and he should have been doing it all along.
    I'm glad the Vikings coaching staff stopped trying the same old, but i'm not going to eat crow for Childress making dumb decisions earlier in the year.
    On my critisism of T-Jack on the other hand......

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    until either we revert to the old Vikings or the season ends. ( Hopefully January)
    Hopefully, it's February when our season ends, at Disneyland.

You are a man of integrity, standing up like this. I don't have any artistic ability. Besides, I've been wrong about the Vikings myself sometimes, too.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Uffda, you are in a league all your own in my book.
    Great post my friend......However,

As I have been saying for a long time.

Highs and lows my friends, highs and lows.

This staff isn't really doing much different and don't deserve any (well a bit for coaching) credit as all we are seeing are the youngsters starting to execute what has been coached.

I will eat some crow with respect to my bashing of the OL all year and thier OL Coach.
    I will also eat some crow on my initial (pre-season) concern over our ST's ability to tackle and Longwells ability to kick the ball anywhere close to the endzone during Kickoffs.

If Bryzcheapski and the front office have another great draft and add a couple of key FA without breaking the bank I will eat some crow over that as well. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

This staff isn't really doing much different and don't deserve any (well a bit for coaching) credit as all we are seeing are the youngsters starting to execute what has been coached.

I will eat some crow with respect to my bashing of the OL all year and thier OL Coach.
    I will also eat some crow on my initial (pre-season) concern over our ST's ability to tackle and Longwells ability to kick the ball anywhere close to the endzone during Kickoffs.

If Bryzcheapski and the front office have another great draft and add a couple of key FA without breaking the bank I will eat some crow over that as well. ;D
    Speaking of OL, is McKinnie the best Run Blocker in the league?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Going into this game we were ranked 5th in kick off coverage in the league.
    And i think we all know thats due to Heath Farwell we gave up more yards than we should have on a couple returns, still over all good play by all three units tho

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Eating crow: Jackson

I've posted tons on Jackson not being worth crap.

I thought the Raiders game was against a crappy team
    I thought the Giants game was a fluke
    But now I was impressed by his game today against the Lions

Hopefully he will continue his capable play.... only need him to get completions enough to keep the box open for AD and CT.

Not holding my breath yet.... just hoping the GB game was a motivator to put the hurt on all the rest of the teams on the schedule.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i'll eat crow..

i said that bollinger was gave us a better chance to win than t-jack.

i was wrong.

my bad..

but each of the past three weeks i have become more and more of a tjack supporter. so i dont mind being wrong about how bad somebody is.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Still critical of what Childres does

But I would like to give him another year now

I kinda like the way the team is playing and I see some upside

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"Potus2028" wrote:
    i'll eat crow..

i said that bollinger was gave us a better chance to win than t-jack.

i was wrong.

my bad..

but each of the past three weeks i have become more and more of a tjack supporter. so i dont mind being wrong about how bad somebody is.
    Although, I have been a T-Jack and Childress basher for the last few weeks, I don't see a need to eat any crow.

We are still 6-6.
    A long shot for the playoffs and we haven't made it to the SB yet.

I hope we do great and the last few weeks we have.
    I still don't think we will be holding up any Lombardi trophy with T-Jack/Childress.

I want to be wrong.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast