Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Crocket and Stackhouse released

Henri Crocket and Charles Stackhouse were released. I'm glad they released Crocket, he's brutal and there are some younger and much faster guys ready to step in and play. I thought Stackhouse was a good player, but he doesn't really fit the offense, and will probabaly do well somewhere else.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4767312.html[/url]

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

This is not a surprise to me. I had thought that they would release these guys. Both of them will get picked up by some team.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Crockett being released wasnt a suprise to me, but stackhouse being released was i thought we would keep him for special teams but i guess not oh well.
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'd have to agree with Billvike. I thought Stackhouse was a good leader on special teams and he was a nice backup fullback. Oh well!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'd have to agree with Billvike. I thought Stackhouse was a good leader on special teams and he was a nice backup fullback. Oh well!
    He probably was a good back-up fullback. However, the Vikes don't really use a fullback in their offense. Usually, if we have the need of a fullback, they'll put Jimmy in the backfield. I also read something about the resurgence of the TE position that mentioned that the Vikes are taking 9 tight ends into camp. The article said that tight ends are now being viewed as more utilitarian, and therefore fullbacks are more expendable. The Vikings seem right in line with that assessment.

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

Now who r they goin to go to and be super bowl champion makers

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

this is what i found

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (May 10, 2004) -- The Minnesota Vikings released linebacker Henri Crockett and fullback Charles Stackhouse, two players who saw significant time last season.

The moves were made May 9 after the team concluded its three-day minicamp, coach Mike Tice said.

Crockett started 15 games last year, including the last three at weakside linebacker, and collected a team-high 8½ tackles for loss. He had offseason shoulder surgery and didn't participate in minicamp.

Crockett has spent seven years in the NFL, including his first five with the Atlanta Falcons.

The Vikings drafted Dontarrious Thomas out of Auburn in the second round, and he will compete with second-year player Mike Nattiel on the weak side.

Stackhouse played in 14 games, mostly as a blocker in two-back sets and on special teams after the New York Giants cut him. He drew the ire of then-coach Jim Fassel during a practice in August for throwing an errant punch at a teammate during a drill.

Also, tight end T.J. Cottrell, the son of defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell, was signed after going through minicamp on a tryout basis. Cottrell played at Division III Buffalo (N.Y.) State.
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

No great loss. Crockett was experienced, but never really produced much. Vikings are taking the fullback out of the playbook this year (although they will use an "H-back"). Neither player will be missed. I didn't expect either guy to make the team this year.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmiller1" wrote:
    Now who r they goin to go to and be super bowl champion makers

[size=24px][/size]WHAT???? :laughing3:

sig courtesy of PPE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I don't understand what jmiller wrote either Hawgski!! That is a good point you made josdin about using Jimmy in the backfield!! I'd rather see him back there anyways! I also can't believe that we are having 9 tight ends in camp, that is crazy.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast