Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Cris Carter's Fired Up About Favre

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    haha, I'm rubber you're glue!
    shit, I never have a comeback to that one.
    Think along the lines of white and sticky, you can think of something that'll shock them.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    plus carter has had it out for the vikes for years..he bashes their team and had nitpicked at everything since he became an analyst
    That is not true at all.
    I have seen him on Inside the NFL when it was on HBO and he was constantly trying to defend the Vikings.

I have seen the similar deal on ESPN.
    You have to be critical at times of the team you played for.
    What good does it do for you to say pleasant things all the time about the team when you know there are areas that need serious work.
    Mike Morris called him a hypocrite on his radio show this morning.
    Apparently, Cris used to meet with Denny on the Saturday nights before the games to talk about game plans and how many passes he wanted and such.
    And Carter also forced his input on roster decisions.
    Was Sludge whining and pouting like a little bitch?
    I was only in the car for 10 minutes, so I didn't hear any of that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    plus carter has had it out for the vikes for years..he bashes their team and had nitpicked at everything since he became an analyst
    That is not true at all.
    I have seen him on Inside the NFL when it was on HBO and he was constantly trying to defend the Vikings.

What good does it do for you to say pleasant things all the time about the team when you know there are areas that need serious work.
    Apparently, Cris used to meet with Denny on the Saturday nights before the games to talk about game plans and how many passes he wanted and such.
    Carter earned some input, Favre has not. Favre has never played a snap for the Vikings, Carter played 12 years. The fact some are turning on Carter to support Favre is shocking.
    If you've ever listened to his show, Morris has called Carter a hypocrite and a bad teammate for years.

=Z=
    Wait, the guy who retired, then unretired to play for the dolphins is a hypocrite?
    Can't be.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=vike_mike link=topic=52796.msg984833#msg984833 date=1250691896]
    [quote author=olson_10 link=topic=52796.msg984525#msg984525 date=1250650994]
    That is not true at all.

=Z=
    Carter earned some input, Favre has not. Favre has never played a snap for the Vikings, Carter played 12 years. The fact some are turning on Carter to support Favre is shocking.
    Favre is currently wearing the purple.
    gol 'darnit those who don't like a reporter who picks on the Vikings more than a Current Vikings Quarterback.
    [/quote]
    A reporter who was one of the greatest Vikings of all time and has publicly supported the team since his retirement.
    Favre has worn purple for less than 24hours. In that time he has already lied to the and said it doesn't matter what color the jersey is.
    I don't believe Favre has any loyalty to the Vikings.
    [/quote]

Hahahahaha a nice little twist in your direction right there... When Favre was asked about putting on purple for the first time he said "its not about the helmet, I'm looking at faces." Is that what your talking about?

Because I took that as I'm loyal to my teammates, whoever they may be. Which is a good thing because your team-mates hold you to a higher standard anyways. If he's playing for his teammates, he's playing for the team. Period.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=52796.msg984840#msg984840 date=1250692082]
    That is not true at all.

=Z=
    gol 'darnit those who don't like a reporter who picks on the Vikings more than a Current Vikings Quarterback.
    [/quote]
    A reporter who was one of the greatest Vikings of all time and has publicly supported the team since his retirement.
    Favre has worn purple for less than 24hours. In that time he has already lied to the and said it doesn't matter what color the jersey is.
    [/quote]

Hahahahaha a nice little twist in your direction right there... When Favre was asked about putting on purple for the first time he said "its not about the helmet, I'm looking at faces." Is that what your talking about?

Because I took that as I'm loyal to my teammates, whoever they may be. Which is a good thing because your team-mates hold you to a higher standard anyways. If he's playing for his teammates, he's playing for the team. Period.
    [/quote]
    It wasn't just that quote. My point is he would have been just as happy to play for the Lions or Bears if it was a good fit for him. He has no loyalty to the Vikings. Yes he probably will have loyalty to his teammates. I suppose that is similar to most NFL players, but Carter has shown actual loyalty to the Vikings organization even after retirement.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=52796.msg984847#msg984847 date=1250692325]
    That is not true at all.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    It wasn't just that quote. My point is he would have been just as happy to play for the Lions or Bears if it was a good fit for him. He has no loyalty to the Vikings. Yes he probably will have loyalty to his teammates. I suppose that is similar to most NFL players, but Carter has shown actual loyalty to the Vikings organization even after retirement.
    [/quote]

haha... you can say that about any Free agent out there, ANY.
    Unless they grew up as a fan, most don't go through their career playing for one team, but feeling some odd sense of loyalty to another.
    The fact remains, he is now a VIking, he is now loyal to the team.
    I wouldn't want to play for us either if we were garbage, but we're not.
    We're good, he can help us be better.
    He knows that, we know that.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=52796.msg984847#msg984847 date=1250692325]
    That is not true at all.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

How? By playing for the dolphins, and being an all around douche-bag?

I don't care if he still supports the Vikings. We have 8000 or so members, most of which are viking fans, and some people opinions are simply too negative to read. If CC joined he would be one of those people. Sure I respect him for being a great player, but he sucks at his new job.

I think he's just trying too hard to appear partial. Way too hard.. and in doing so he alienates the only people in the world who respect him.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678