singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cris Carter Wants Manziel To Be Drafted By Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

iowa is offline Rookie
    Favre, Tarkenton and Carter all are endorsing Johnny, that should carry some weight I hope. Nothing is a sure thing but Johnny looks like the closest thing to it as far as q.b.'s in this years class. He's been freakishly good at every level he's played. I think if you couple him up with our skill guys and Norv, we'll be an instant threat.
    None

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Tarkenton's endorsement of Manziel was kind of two sided:

And as NFL clubs evaluate not only the former Texas A&M star's game film, but his maturity as well, Tarkenton isn't quite sure what they'll find regarding the latter.

"The things that went on last year with him leaving the Manning camp and other activities, I just want to understand that a little better. Everything I've seen of the kid, I love," Tarkenton said, according to USA Today. "... But you've got to make sure. Because there's never been a great quarterback I know of who was a rodent.

"I'd have to spend some time with him. What I've seen him do on the field, he has all the franchise qualities. You look at your great players, they have to be leaders in the clubhouse and off the field. They don't have to be churchgoers. But they have to have character."

So on the one hand, he has the ability. On the other hand, Tark thinks as of right now, he's a rat. Is that exactly a ringing endorsement?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

iowa is offline Rookie
    I haven't heard any of Johnny's teammates saying anything negative about him. The media likes to talk about all of the "red flags" but you don't hear much negativity from his former coaches. He's cocky to be sure but so far he's backed it up pretty well. It's funny how the media likes to beat up on Manziel and then give "free passes" to players with serious criminal backgrounds.
    None

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Tarkenton's endorsement of Manziel was kind of two sided:

And as NFL clubs evaluate not only the former Texas A&M star's game film, but his maturity as well, Tarkenton isn't quite sure what they'll find regarding the latter.

"The things that went on last year with him leaving the Manning camp and other activities, I just want to understand that a little better. Everything I've seen of the kid, I love," Tarkenton said, according to USA Today. "... But you've got to make sure. Because there's never been a great quarterback I know of who was a rodent.

"I'd have to spend some time with him. What I've seen him do on the field, he has all the franchise qualities. You look at your great players, they have to be leaders in the clubhouse and off the field. They don't have to be churchgoers. But they have to have character."

So on the one hand, he has the ability. On the other hand, Tark thinks as of right now, he's a rat. Is that exactly a ringing endorsement?
    I'm not exactly sure what to make of that "rodent" comment. I kind of thought his work ethic questions were at least on the way to being put to bed. Far as the "off field" stuff it was pretty small potatoes. There are questions no doubt, he is small. He is cocky, I think you want at least some of that in a qb. I really think the potential is there for him to be a super star.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Cris Carter Wants Manziel To Be Drafted By Vikings

Cris Carter dnt knw shit bout QB's he's a WR and Manziel was a good college QB but he will have to change his game in tha NFL or he will have a short career, and he run around a lot in tha pocket and i dnt see him doin that all tha times and being successful in this league

QFFL is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Cris Carter dnt knw shit bout QB's he's a WR and Manziel was a good college QB but he will have to change his game in tha NFL or he will have a short career, and he run around a lot in tha pocket and i dnt see him doin that all tha times and being successful in this league
    Manziel's draft stock is actually rising recently. I don't think he will even last to 8th pick. Whether he deserves it or not is a different story.
    QFFL.com 2014 NFL Draft Challenge

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    If Carter doesn't have the credentials to speak on the QB topic, we ALL should shut up right now.

If Norv Turner thinks he can make Manziel a QB who is 80% his type of QB, and 20% a rodent, we will draft him at 8 if he is there. If Turner doesn't, we won't. That's my 2 cents, for what its worth...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics