Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Idahovike is offline Training Camp

Re: Cris Carter: Vikings Considering Trading Up

If we are going to trade up we should consider this.

If we go Offensive: Either Matt Lienart or Jay Cutler

Defensive: Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk ( If he's not available pick DeMeco Ryans).

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I don't want Jay Boller.

He's an overhyped prospect. If we trade up for a QB, we need to get Vince Young or Matt Leinart, you know, players with WINNING PEDIGREES.
    Agreed, if we're gonna trade up, we might as well get one of the "Big 2" Qbs....heck, all the teams who were supposed to draft a QB signed one in the offseason or traded.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I agree I don't think giving our 1st pick and the 2nd pick we got from Miami is to much to give up to move up and get the QB we want.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"jaymz7" wrote:
    I agree I don't think giving our 1st pick and the 2nd pick we got from Miami is to much to give up to move up and get the QB we want.
    Probably going to cost a bit more than that. Remember what the Giants gave up to get Eli?

Caine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"jimmymac" wrote:
    The next Vikings QB?

http://www.jaycutler.com/
    haha. that is grand. we should get him. he wouldnt need pads.
    We're bringing purple back.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    Probably going to cost a bit more than that. Remember what the Giants gave up to get Eli?

Caine
    We will probably have to trade our first and both seconds. I'm sure that the Giants don't regret the Eli trade though.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I would rather build a strong team around a later round quarterback that can manage the team. If you look at the super bowl quarterbacks that have won the super bowl in the last 20 years, I think only Aikman was a top draft pick and the reason for the success of dallas was they got half our defense and most of our draft picks for half a decade in the Walker trade. I would not trade up to draft a quarterback who has never played in the NFL.

The picks should be spent on linbackers and linemen if we don't get hutch signed.
    Umm Ben Roethlisberger went #11, and he won a SB just last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I think everyone is going to be suprised come draft day, i think the titans will snag up vince at least i hope. But if the ravens dont take a qb then i could see us easily having a chance on Cutler( or lienart if something crazy happens) at the 17th spot. But i would rather see us grab the best middle linebacker that is left in the draft even if cutler is there when we hit the clock.

Everyone is missing the point!!! If we give up two 2nd round picks and our 1st round pick to just get a back up QB (thats what he will be coming into training camp) then how are we going to play a cover 2 with Ben Leber, Sam Cowart, and who ever else we get!!! How much depth is there in the 3rd or 4th round at LB!! We still need atleast 2 more LB to have a good Cover 2 defense!!! LB are what hold the Cover 2 defense together!!! It doesn't matter how good Cutler is or whoever we get, we can't win games unless we have defense!!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I would rather build a strong team around a later round quarterback that can manage the team. If you look at the super bowl quarterbacks that have won the super bowl in the last 20 years, I think only Aikman was a top draft pick and the reason for the success of dallas was they got half our defense and most of our draft picks for half a decade in the Walker trade. I would not trade up to draft a quarterback who has never played in the NFL.

The picks should be spent on linbackers and linemen if we don't get hutch signed.
    Umm Ben Roethlisberger went #11, and he won a SB just last year.

Umm Ben Roethlisberger didn't do much!! I remember the DEFENSE being the highlight of the team!! Yes Ben is good but, like i said before this, you can't win games without good defense and we are throwing away picks to take a chance on a QB, remember we don't have a 7th round pick this year do to us getting Fonoti then releasing him!!! so if we do make the trade up then we are left with a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th round picks!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast