Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Cris Carter says...

Cris carter said on his HBO NFL show that "knowing how ed McCombs is and how the vikings front office is, that Moss has played his last game in purple and gold."

he did not touch on it any further than that. there was more speculation on moss being traded for buchanin and 1st round pick from Oakland.

what do you guys think of this? could carter have some insight or has his desk job cause him to try to get ratings with more moss scandle?

IMO, i usually feel Carter is a reasonalbly trustworthy commentator. Collinsworth can go suck balls.

Del Rio Guest

Cris Carter says...

I'm not sure how I feel about CC when it comes to Moss. It seems that they had a pretty big falling out when Moss started to take away the spotlight from him.

And I think we know Red better then he does lol.

Everyone look at it this way! This will end all arguments.
    Our Owner Red is trying to sell the team. He signed Tice for cheap for short term. Is running the crew with way too few coaches. And has recently hired Loney as the new OC for one could assume a small ammount of salary.

Now What is more appealing to new owners and makes a better selling point............

A) Vikings with Moss
    B) Vikings without Moss.

When I look at it with those Pabst Blue Ribbon Goggles I see NO WAY IN HELL Red lets Moss go. It decreases the value of the team.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Cris Carter says...

Don't do it just for a 1st rounder and Buchanon. We can get more, and should get more.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Cris Carter says...

Carter was a Viking but he is an outsider to the organization.

If he was speaking from the other direction from words Moss may have uttered to him, like "I want out of MN," I would take those more seriously than his speculation on how the Vikings Business is going to run.

Jakyl said it best. It isn't only a player and a draft pick, it is $8 million dollars on top of that for any team that wants to to the deal. Financially, we keep him. Plus a top ten pick would take up a lot of money for an unproven player.

We could just take this money and go out and get a proven player at the position we want.

Many possibilities to these scenarios. Who knows.

All I know is that I have been trying to quell all this rumor crap that is hardly worth worrying about until it happens.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Cris Carter says...

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm not sure how I feel about CC when it comes to Moss. It seems that they had a pretty big falling out when Moss started to take away the spotlight from him.

Now What is more appealing to new owners and makes a better selling point............

A) Vikings with Moss
    B) Vikings without Moss.
    Good points, I prefer looking through GrainBelt Goggles though.

It is a far more attractive team with Moss than without for a buyer. Tice and Looney are definitely not attractive.

As far as CC, he is reporting from the angle of ownership and there are to many fine details for him to make a snap comment like that. It isn't just Tice and McCombs, it is the other team that has to get the deal done also.

Too many variable for CC to decipher.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Cris Carter says...

CC doesn't know what he's talking about! The only people that "know" what are going on for sure are the people inside the organization McCombs, Tice, Brzinzki (or however the he!! you spell his name) etc. I'm tired of the media thinking they know everything that is going on for all of the teams!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Cris Carter says...

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'm tired of the media thinking they know everything that is going on for all of the teams!!
    Totally. Last year it was a done deal that TO was a Raven. :roll: We all know how right they were about that.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Cris Carter says...

Cris Carter was a great player but I always suspected him being behind a lot of the tensions we saw during Denny's last season, when the sideline feuds regularly broke out. You can't say that the guy didn't have ego. Remember between 1998-2001, Carter would always say in interviews that he was pretty much teaching Moss everything the kid knew? Carter was also criticized (without being named) by Robert Smith, who got mad that "some people" wear God on their sleeve, " (paraphrase) as if they've been personally blessed by a Lord who cares about football." I also remember in interviews how heavy-handed he was about demanding to be recognized as the leader of the team. He also took a few lumps from linemen being interviewed (Steussie, the-center-whose-name-I-can't-remember-at-the-moment).

I think he had a really hard time coming to grips with the fact that the team was evolving beyond the "Cris Carter Show," and I think that even now he may secretly be hoping to see Moss removed from the team (which would coincidentally keep Carter as our team's all-time best receiver!). Who knows, maybe Carter is right about an impending trade, but I take him with a grain of salt.

As for the idea that Moss is a distraction to the team, I ask for proof of this. Even Matt Birk, who chewed out Randy after the Washington game, directly refuted the idea posed by media interviewers that Moss was a distraction. And if he was being a distraction at the very end of the Washington game, it sure didn't stop us from whomping the Pack the next week. If he was such a distraction with his celebration during the Packers game, why did our team maintain cohesion ad continue to hold the Packers from making a comeback? Seems like people (including some Vikings fans) who are saying Moss is a distraction or is holding us back are basing this on the flood of media reports on #84, and on what sports commentators (who, believe it or not, are not closer to the situation than anybody who watches and reads everything about the Vikes possible) are saying.

If you're going to say that Randy is a distraction, you have to be able to point out evidence in the form of a (HEALTHY) Moss acting up and specifically linkable losses. Don't say it just because media sensationalism has ground you down to the point where you surrender and recite the press's mantra without any relevant, logical evidence to back it up.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Cris Carter says...

Exactly jackyl, I guess I just get so sick of hearing about this rumor and that rumor and then nothing ever happens, or they interview the gm of a team and he says that has never even crossed our minds. I know they get things right every now and then, but when they speculate about 200 different things I would hope they get ONE right!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Cris Carter says...

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    Cris Carter was a great player but I always suspected him being behind a lot of the tensions we saw during Denny's last season, when the sideline feuds regularly broke out. You can't say that the guy didn't have ego. Remember between 1998-2001, Carter would always say in interviews that he was pretty much teaching Moss everything the kid knew? Carter was also criticized (without being named) by Robert Smith, who got mad that "some people" wear God on their sleeve, " (paraphrase) as if they've been personally blessed by a Lord who cares about football." I also remember in interviews how heavy-handed he was about demanding to be recognized as the leader of the team. He also took a few lumps from linemen being interviewed (Steussie, the-center-whose-name-I-can't-remember-at-the-moment).

I think he had a really hard time coming to grips with the fact that the team was evolving beyond the "Cris Carter Show," and I think that even now he may secretly be hoping to see Moss removed from the team (which would coincidentally keep Carter as our team's all-time best receiver!). Who knows, maybe Carter is right about an impending trade, but I take him with a grain of salt.

As for the idea that Moss is a distraction to the team, I ask for proof of this. Even Matt Birk, who chewed out Randy after the Washington game, directly refuted the idea posed by media interviewers that Moss was a distraction. And if he was being a distraction at the very end of the Washington game, it sure didn't stop us from whomping the Pack the next week. If he was such a distraction with his celebration during the Packers game, why did our team maintain cohesion ad continue to hold the Packers from making a comeback? Seems like people (including some Vikings fans) who are saying Moss is a distraction or is holding us back are basing this on the flood of media reports on #84, and on what sports commentators (who, believe it or not, are not closer to the situation than anybody who watches and reads everything about the Vikes possible) are saying.

If you're going to say that Randy is a distraction, you have to be able to point out evidence in the form of a (HEALTHY) Moss acting up and specifically linkable losses. Don't say it just because media sensationalism has ground you down to the point where you surrender and recite the press's mantra without any relevant, logical evidence to back it up.
    A worthy post, Odin! Worthy of the King of the Gods!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast