Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Cris Carter Q&A: If not for football ... maybe accounting?

Q You’re a Hall of Fame receiver, getting set for induction this year. What receivers currently playing do you enjoy watching the most?
    A I would say from an older standpoint, I love watching Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson. I love how they go about their business and how consistent they’ve been throughout their career. Calvin Johnson, we’ve never seen a receiver like him — size, speed and how he’s developed his overall route running and toughness. … Larry Fitzgerald, I’ve spent so much time with him, he’s one of my favorites and one of the best. Roddy White, Julio Jones and A.J. Green, they bring a certain skill level to the position that is great to look at.
    What, no Percy? Oh, wait,,,,,

Q OK, put on your NFL analyst hat. How would you break down the intriguing NFC North this year?

A This could be one of the better divisions in football, if not the best one, if Detroit improves. I believe Marc Trestman is going to do a good job in Chicago. Everything really is up to Jay Cutler. Can they protect him and can he have one of those types of years when he carries them to 10-11 wins? The Vikings got three first-round picks to add to a football team that won 10 games. They made a great decision to trade Percy Harvin, with the picks they were able to get, the lack of being committed to Percy for a long period of time for a tremendous amount of money and getting Greg Jennings over from Green Bay. … But ultimately it’s going to come down to Christian Ponder and can the defense create turnovers. The best team in the division is Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers, I expect him to be the best player, again this year, in the NFL. Eddie Lacy added to that passing attack will be scary. They still have question marks on defense, but I would say Green Bay should still be the favorite.
    Cris Carter Q&A: If not for football ... maybe accounting? | StarTribune.com
    Nothing subtle about that exchange. I'm starting to respect ole CC again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Without reading the article, the snippet you picked out seems pretty fair.

I loved watching Percy play the game, but I won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

On Green Bay and the two RB's they picked up in the drat, I'm curious how much they will dedicate to improving the running game. They upgraded their RB pool, now how much time will they spend with the OL to improve their run blocking. Do they risk going backwards in the passing department while improving the running game or do they still put 80% of their practice effort on protection schemes and just hope that better running backs mean better running game.

Either way, I think it bodes well for the MN matchup if they focus more on the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Without reading the article, the snippet you picked out seems pretty fair.

I loved watching Percy play the game, but I won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

On Green Bay and the two RB's they picked up in the drat, I'm curious how much they will dedicate to improving the running game. They upgraded their RB pool, now how much time will they spend with the OL to improve their run blocking. Do they risk going backwards in the passing department while improving the running game or do they still put 80% of their practice effort on protection schemes and just hope that better running backs mean better running game.

Either way, I think it bodes well for the MN matchup if they focus more on the running game.
    Good stuff and I'm thinking the same......You don't draft like this

26 Green Bay Packers Datone Jones DE
    61 Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy RB
    109 Green Bay Packers David Bakhtiari OT
    122 Green Bay Packers J.C. Tretter OT
    125 Green Bay Packers Johnathan Franklin RB

....and not plan on improving the run.

Then if you take into account the moves they plan on making on the OL........

Green Bay Packers: Big changes on the line - TwinCities.com

if your not going to change your offensive scheme a bit. In the end, ole Rodgers won't stand up to to many more 51 hit seasons.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Guard Josh Sitton and tackle Bryan Bulaga, the Packers' two best linemen, will move from the right side to the left side of center Evan Dietrich-Smith. T.J. Lang will move from left guard to right guard and right tackle will be thrown open to competition.

Marshall Newhouse, who is coming off a shaky season at left tackle, will move to right tackle, where his experience makes him the leader in the clubhouse. However, he'll have plenty of challengers.

Newhouse will have to hold off Don Barclay, a tough run blocker who acquitted himself well last season after Bulaga went down with a hip injury; Derek Sherrod, the former No. 1 draft pick who missed last season after breaking his leg late in 2011; and Colorado rookie David Bakhtiari, the first of the Packers' three fourth-round draft picks. Barclay also could push Lang at right guard.
    That's a lot of shuffling. Looks like we play them on weeks 8 and 12, too bad it's not earlier.

Either way, a lot of adjustments being made in GB that hopefully set them back for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    That's a lot of shuffling. Looks like we play them on weeks 8 and 12, too bad it's not earlier.

Either way, a lot of adjustments being made in GB that hopefully set them back for a bit.
    Thats what I'm saying.