Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Cris Carter makes final 17 cut

I was shocked reading how good Jordan's numbers were compared to others who were on the ballot.....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"hx38596" wrote:
    Darrell Green is a shoe-in, for sure.
    Derrick Thomas one of the best pass rushers should be in.
    Andre Reed and Art Monk are another two for competition.

My question is where the hell is Steve Jordan??

:'(

Yet, among the tight ends on the 2006 ballot, Jordan had more receiving yards and more Pro Bowl selections than all five (Mark Bavaro, Todd Christensen, Ben Coates, Russ Francis and Brent Jones). Only Coates had more receptions and he beat Jordan by a single catch.

In fact, Jordan went to more Pro Bowls than each of the six modern era tight ends who have been enshrined (Dave Casper, Mike Ditka, John Mackey, Ozzie Newsome, Jackie Smith and Kellen Winslow). He also had more career catches than all but Newsome and Winslow.
    No doubt Jordan SHOULD recieve at least some consideration for induction. I remember seeing his name on the list of nominees several seasons back, but I don't think he ever made the finalist's list. Too bad because he has all the numbers to be in the HOF...

I think C.C. is in for sure. McDaniel SHOULD of been in last season, as well as Zimmerman. Imagine all the purple if more than one Viking gets in !! I'll be there...
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"briannord" wrote:
    He deserves to be a first time ballot winner.
    Makes me all warm to watch him play again.
    If Cris Carter is not a first time ballot winner, I don't now who is.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Expect more Minnesota snubs from Canton voters[/size]
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_7972262

This article is a few days old but I don't think it was posted here:
    Last week, deserving players such as Bert Blyleven and Jack Morris were snubbed by baseball Hall of Fame voters. And, in a few weeks, there are more deserving former athletes with Minnesota ties who may be snubbed by Hall of Fame voters.

This time, the folks deciding who gets into the Pro Football Hall of Fame would be putting up the blockade.

Former Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter is on the ballot for the first time, and he has a decent crack at making it. Carter could be a pain off the field, but there haven't been many NFL receivers better at getting a first down.

Carter has HOF-worthy stats, as do others who aren't as likely to get themselves a bust in pro football's shrine in Canton, Ohio.

The two former Vikings in peril of being snubbed are guard Randall McDaniel and tackle Gary Zimmerman.

If neither Carter, McDaniel nor Zimmerman is elected, they would join defensive end Jim Marshall and center Mick Tingelhoff as former Vikings who should be in the Hall of Fame but have gotten a straight arm from voters.
    And you can put a huge chunk of blame for Tinglehoff and Marshall squarely on the shoulders of Sid Hartman.
    It's HIS responsibility as the Vikings' representative in the room to make the case for them, and he has failed miserably
    Time for new blood, but that won't happen until Sid keels over.

=Z=

You have basically confirmed what I always thought about him...very weak, and a shill. Whatever I have read or heard from him is usually "toeing the company line" and is thus easy to write off as fluff.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Expect more Minnesota snubs from Canton voters[/size]
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_7972262

This article is a few days old but I don't think it was posted here:
    Last week, deserving players such as Bert Blyleven and Jack Morris were snubbed by baseball Hall of Fame voters. And, in a few weeks, there are more deserving former athletes with Minnesota ties who may be snubbed by Hall of Fame voters.

This time, the folks deciding who gets into the Pro Football Hall of Fame would be putting up the blockade.

Former Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter is on the ballot for the first time, and he has a decent crack at making it. Carter could be a pain off the field, but there haven't been many NFL receivers better at getting a first down.

Carter has HOF-worthy stats, as do others who aren't as likely to get themselves a bust in pro football's shrine in Canton, Ohio.

The two former Vikings in peril of being snubbed are guard Randall McDaniel and tackle Gary Zimmerman.

If neither Carter, McDaniel nor Zimmerman is elected, they would join defensive end Jim Marshall and center Mick Tingelhoff as former Vikings who should be in the Hall of Fame but have gotten a straight arm from voters.
    And you can put a huge chunk of blame for Tinglehoff and Marshall squarely on the shoulders of Sid Hartman.
    It's HIS responsibility as the Vikings' representative in the room to make the case for them, and he has failed miserably
    Time for new blood, but that won't happen until Sid keels over.

=Z=

You have basically confirmed what I always thought about him...very weak, and a shill. Whatever I have read or heard from him is usually "toeing the company line" and is thus easy to write off as fluff.
    No doubt the Minnesota media has done a pis$ poor job promoting Marsahall....

Thanks to PPE for sig

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikesoto" wrote:
    ]

No doubt Jordan SHOULD recieve at least some consideration for induction. I remember seeing his name on the list of nominees several seasons back, but I don't think he ever made the finalist's list. Too bad because he has all the numbers to be in the HOF...

I think C.C. is in for sure. McDaniel SHOULD of been in last season, as well as Zimmerman. Imagine all the purple if more than one Viking gets in !! I'll be there...
    I'd love to say CC is a lock but until I see it announced then I'm not going to get excited just in case. IMO the only player who can be written in as a guaranteed first time inductee would be the Chosen One from across the Sconnie border...

Would be great to see CC, McDaniel and Zimmerman all get in at the same time, but unlikely I know.. still we can dream
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MindFreak" wrote:
    I love CC, but Randall McDaniel
    needs to be in there before CC gets his.
    Is Randall McDaniel one of the top three LGs in NFL history?

Because Cris Carter is one of the top three WRs.
    (My top 3:
    Rice, Alworth, Cris Carter).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    I love CC, but Randall McDaniel
    needs to be in there before CC gets his.
    Is Randall McDaniel one of the top three LGs in NFL history?

Because Cris Carter is one of the top three WRs.
    (My top 3:
    Rice, Alworth, Cris Carter).

=Z=
    No doubt McDaniel reached all the individual accomplishments a gaurd could make, such as Carter as a wr..

BOTH are more than deserving. I'll be hoping both make it together, unlikely perhaps, but one can hope...

Thanks to PPE for sig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings Among 17 Finalists[/size]

1/16/2008

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Former Vikings Cris Carter, Randall McDaniel and Gary Zimmerman are among the 17 finalists who will be considered for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame when the Hall’s Board of Selectors meets in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, February 2.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Former Minnesota Viking Cris Carter expected to make Pro Football Hall of Fame[/size]

From staff reports and news services
    twincities.com

Article Launched: 02/02/2008 12:01:00 AM CST

PHOENIX - The Vikings are expected to add at least one more former player to their Pro Football Hall of Fame roster today when the Class of 2008 is announced here at the site of Super Bowl XLII...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast