singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cris Carter was a diva

Former Minnesota Vikings WR Qadry Ismail: Cris Carter was a diva

Former Minnesota Vikings WR Qadry Ismail: Cris Carter was a diva | Larry Brown Sports

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Cris Carter was a diva

Probably why we didn't sign him in 2002, the year he signed with Miami. We don't keep diva's...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    lol.

He just wanted to get there and be acclimated before Culpepper got there.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Probably why we didn't sign him in 2002, the year he signed with Miami. We don't keep diva's...
    Carter was working with HBO then and was signed near the end of October, nobody was breaking his door down then. he also had struggled with his health with a kidney infection missing four weeks and never really got back to any form of his old self having 8 catches that season and 3 were in his first game.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Former Minnesota Vikings WR Qadry Ismail: Cris Carter was a diva

Former Minnesota Vikings WR Qadry Ismail: Cris Carter was a diva | Larry Brown Sports
    Duh, this is common knowledge, and, many say it contributed to Carter not going in earlier...Carter wanted the ball, and was trying to lead the team. He continues, as an analyst, to comment that "good players want the ball, what's wrong with that?"

Translation: Ismail chose a selfish, shitty time to whine.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Carter was a hell of a ball player .... diva or not ... dude could flat out play ... best hands in football.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Show me a receiver who ISN'T a Diva?

Carter's ego was a bit out of control towards the end, though. I think the pressure of him trying to "mentor" a young Randy Moss - while Moss obviously didn't need his help - sort of ate at him. He had been the center of attention for so long, that being relegated to a footnote by the "new kid" had to be a blow to the ego. That was when I started seeing him throw mini tantrums on the field.

Dud could flat out catch, though. Those sideline grabs were incredible. He had an amazing body awareness.

Ishmael, on the other hand, had speed and sporadic catching ability. I can't even remember how many perfectly placed balls went right through his hands....while he had a 3 step lead on the DB...

Caine

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Surprise at this. As knew that Carter turned his life around. After the Eagles cut him over drugs and alcohol abuse. But really to say he is a diva. I am totally pretty shocked by that accusation.
    NFL 2013 is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Ishmael, on the other hand, had speed and sporadic catching ability. I can't even remember how many perfectly placed balls went right through his hands....while he had a 3 step lead on the DB...

Caine

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    “Could he flat out make plays? Absolutely,” Ismail said. “But there’s a reason why they didn’t go all the way and win Super Bowls. There’s a reason why, that his talent was good, but when you talk about Jerry Rice talent you also talk about that team elevating it to the next level to win championships. When you talk about Shannon’s talent you are talking about that team elevating and winning championships.
    There was a reason, and it is called defense or lack thereof.

The Vikings offense broke a record for points. Carter taught Moss how to catch sideline balls and dead-foot. Yes, Cris Carter was a diva, but so were Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Shannon Sharpe. Qadry Ismail does make some points, but one must ask if his conclusions are supported by logic rather than emotion.