Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

I assume that woudl be the case, just quoting the point that it was said.

I'd imagine, the injury is keeping him out. He says he's not doing much cutting, and with how demanding this camp sounds, I doubt he want's to be there with a recovering hip.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Zeus wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Where does it say that Sid said he'd be there? From what I've read, Carter was responding to a reporter's question about the upcoming challenges of the 2010 season for Rice.

=Z=
    Purple till i die

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Where does it say that Sid said he'd be there? From what I've read, Carter was responding to a reporter's question about the upcoming challenges of the 2010 season for Rice.
    It's July. So I look upon anything even implying negativity towards the Vikings with the utmost of disdain. All is positive as we head into the season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Is Carter predicting that Rice will disapear in 2010? lmao

Carter's the one who is going to dissapear, from the vikings record books.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I loved Carter as a player. As an analyst, I lose more respect for him every time I hear him talk.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Two completely different thoughts here:

1: As a player, Carter turned into quite the Prima-Donna his last couple of seasons here. Remember when we drafted Moss? Carter put himself forward as a "mentor" for Randy...until Randy eclipsed him on the field. What I remember most about the '01 season is all the tantrums Carter threw...they ceased being about him being "intense" and more about him being a cry baby. Moss was a bigger star, and Carter couldn't accept that.

Is it any wonder that he hasn't changed? In '01-'02 we saw what Cris Carter had become. A "Me"-centric guy. Much like T-Hoe, "Me"shawn Johnson, and Michael Irvin, Carter never let anyone forget just how important he was...evidenced by his HOF rant when he didn't get in.

I loved what he did on the field for us through the 90's - the guy was a great talent. But he's also a HUGE ego..and that won't ever change.

2: The flip side of this coin is Sydney Rice. He's had ONE good year. ONE!!! He went from 31 receptions to 15 to 83...and people here are treating him like a perennial Pro-bowler.

Yup, he had a great year...but can he repeat? And, taking it further, was it HIM having a great year, or was it Favre bringing it out in him? He wouldn't be the first receiver that Favre made look good, then turned to shiite once he was catching passes from someone else...

So, in a way, Carter is right to call him out. Rice hasn't "Proven" anything other than that he can catch when a HOF QB throws to him while Defenses play run heavy...what will he do THIS year? IMHO, Sydney needs another year or two of similar stats before I start proclaiming him a "GREAT" receiver.

Look at Javon Walker or Antonio Freeman. How good did they turn out to be?

So, while I hope that Sydney is really as good as he looked last season, I won't start shouting it from the rooftops until I see a couple more seasons from him...and that includes one without Favre.

Caine

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Caine wrote:
    Two completely different thoughts here:

1: As a player, Carter turned into quite the Prima-Donna his last couple of seasons here. Remember when we drafted Moss? Carter put himself forward as a "mentor" for Randy...until Randy eclipsed him on the field. What I remember most about the '01 season is all the tantrums Carter threw...they ceased being about him being "intense" and more about him being a cry baby. Moss was a bigger star, and Carter couldn't accept that.

Is it any wonder that he hasn't changed? In '01-'02 we saw what Cris Carter had become. A "Me"-centric guy. Much like T-Hoe, "Me"shawn Johnson, and Michael Irvin, Carter never let anyone forget just how important he was...evidenced by his HOF rant when he didn't get in.

I loved what he did on the field for us through the 90's - the guy was a great talent. But he's also a HUGE ego..and that won't ever change.

2: The flip side of this coin is Sydney Rice. He's had ONE good year. ONE!!! He went from 31 receptions to 15 to 83...and people here are treating him like a perennial Pro-bowler.

Yup, he had a great year...but can he repeat? And, taking it further, was it HIM having a great year, or was it Favre bringing it out in him? He wouldn't be the first receiver that Favre made look good, then turned to shiite once he was catching passes from someone else...

So, in a way, Carter is right to call him out. Rice hasn't "Proven" anything other than that he can catch when a HOF QB throws to him while Defenses play run heavy...what will he do THIS year? IMHO, Sydney needs another year or two of similar stats before I start proclaiming him a "GREAT" receiver.

Look at Javon Walker or Antonio Freeman. How good did they turn out to be?

So, while I hope that Sydney is really as good as he looked last season, I won't start shouting it from the rooftops until I see a couple more seasons from him...and that includes one without Favre.

Caine
    +1.

Nice post Caine, that is spot on.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I'm just wondering how much Cris is trying to stir some media hype in Mn. to get people out to see the camp. I'm assuming there is some kind of gate fee to view the players going through the drills and by having some drama going on the camp competes with the other reality junk out in the media. If Cris was concerned about Sidney you think he might have called him well before the camp started, unless Sidney was screening his calls.

LF: Hey Cris those people brought outside food in
    CC: Damn, they're suppose to buy those $8 hotdogs
    DH: I'm still get 10% of the consession gross sales right
    LF: No Hall its 5% of the parking and your kids need to be out there putting the fliers on the car windshields. Now where my shades at, they're bluetooth Oakley

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Two thoughts (maybe three when I'm done) here......

a. CC is dead to me. As I said in another post. Cat is the ultimate "Spin doctor" "Look at me" type of media guy now. Mix that in with his axe he has to grind with this regime over the Daunte deal.

b. El Syd has shown he has a prepensity to get digned and be limited all year except one. Lets see what he does this year.

c.

Caine
    Nope, not gonna say it. By the way, did anyone catch the Shanc clip on NFLN where he said that you have to be ready to catch it anyplace cause the Noodle throws it all over? :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    Two thoughts (maybe three when I'm done) here......

a. CC is dead to me. As I said in another post. Cat is the ultimate "Spin doctor" "Look at me" type of media guy now. Mix that in with his axe he has to grind with this regime over the Daunte deal.

b. El Syd has shown he has a prepensity to get digned and be limited all year except one. Lets see what he does this year.

c.

Caine
    Nope, not gonna say it. By the way, did anyone catch the Shanc clip on NFLN where he said that you have to be ready to catch it anyplace cause the Noodle throws it all over? :P
    And he "throws it on a LINE"...JUST imagine what it would be like if he had a good arm?
    None

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast